Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another one For Justice Kennedy to Decide
Another one For Justice Kennedy to Decide
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/appeals-...tion-data/

Quote:Appeals court says US needs a warrant to obtain cell phone location data

Quote:A divided U.S. appeals court on Wednesday said the government needs a warrant to obtain a suspect’s historical cellphone location records.
The 2-1 decision by the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Virginia, was a victory for advocates of privacy rights for cellphone users.
It also creates a split with two other federal appeals courts that have decided similar cases, increasing the potential that the U.S. Supreme Court may take up the issue.

So we can assume the four liberal justices will vote one way and the four nazis will vote to continue spying on everyone in the whole fucking country.
That leaves it up to Kennedy.  As usual.  Hope he doesn't wake up constipated that day.
RE: Another one For Justice Kennedy to Decide
(August 5, 2015 at 8:34 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/appeals-...tion-data/

Quote:Appeals court says US needs a warrant to obtain cell phone location data

Quote:A divided U.S. appeals court on Wednesday said the government needs a warrant to obtain a suspect’s historical cellphone location records.
The 2-1 decision by the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Virginia, was a victory for advocates of privacy rights for cellphone users.
It also creates a split with two other federal appeals courts that have decided similar cases, increasing the potential that the U.S. Supreme Court may take up the issue.

So we can assume the four liberal justices will vote one way and the four nazis will vote to continue spying on everyone in the whole fucking country.
That leaves it up to Kennedy.  As usual.  Hope he doesn't wake up constipated that day.
The dummies on the juries can always disregard any evidence gathered without a search warrant.
Ever served on jury duty?
Wouldn't recollections of Bork and the video store cluster fuck worry the gang of 4 a bit? This case can bite everybody, themselves especially.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(August 8, 2015 at 3:09 am)Minimalist Wrote: Ever served on jury duty?

Yep, sure have.
That was all it took to crush my belief in the "justice" system.
(August 8, 2015 at 2:32 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(August 5, 2015 at 8:34 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/appeals-...tion-data/

The dummies on the juries can always disregard any evidence gathered without a search warrant.

Yeah but the crazies will want to charge you with a felony..

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/denver-m...ourthouse/

Quote:Denver man charged with seven felonies for handing out ‘jury nullification’ fliers outside courthouse
Find the cure for Fundementia!
(August 8, 2015 at 2:32 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:

That is naive.  You cannot not know what you know.  You can pretend to ignore what you know, but it does not stop you from knowing it.  And so your decision is with you knowing whatever you know, and you cannot make a decision that is without you knowing what you know.  So a jury will decide with what they know, even if they pretend otherwise.  Pretending things is not the same as them being really as pretended.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(August 8, 2015 at 7:50 pm)Minimalist Wrote: That was all it took to crush my belief in the "justice" system.

You mean they accepted you onto a jury?  I have been called in several times in my life, and no one has ever selected me for a jury.  Both the defense and the prosecution are always quick to get rid of me.  The only question I have going in, is which one is going to have the first chance of getting rid of me.  It is funny, really, since it is impossible that I am going to be prejudiced against them both and rule against them both, but neither side ever wants me on a jury.  Some of this is due to my relatives (my father-in-law is a retired cop, which seems to be why the defense always wants me out of there), and some is due to the things I have done and the fact that I have opinions about things.

I personally would not mind serving on a jury, but I very much mind being called in when I know going into it that no one will ever select me for a jury.  It is just a waste of my time, as well as their time.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sassy Justice Foxaèr 0 157 October 28, 2020 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  There is no justice...... RBG RIP! Brian37 96 5448 September 29, 2020 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  More obstruction of justice from Donald Trump. Jehanne 6 949 September 11, 2018 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Another day another mass shooting in America downbeatplumb 35 4558 August 29, 2018 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Another Day, another derogatory book about Trump. Jehanne 25 2332 August 13, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  One Corrupt Bastard Accepts The Resignation of Another Minimalist 5 900 July 5, 2018 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Damn! Another One? A Theist 26 3465 December 3, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Another Day - Another Leak Mexico Isn't Paying For The Fucking Wall Minimalist 28 6937 August 7, 2017 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Dropship
  Why do the ritors ask for Justice? Drich 590 56704 October 13, 2016 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Another Rapist - Another Asshole Judge Minimalist 13 3517 August 22, 2016 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: Minimalist