Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do the ritors ask for Justice?
Why do the ritors ask for Justice?
The reason I ask is because to me it seems as if the oppsite is what is desired. Before you drag out your soap box lets look at what the actual defination of justice is.

justice
play  
noun jus·tice \ˈjəs-təs\
Popularity: Top 1% of lookups
  • : the process or result of using laws to fairly judge and punish crimes and criminals
Now note the definition does not presuppose an out come. Justice is essence is simply the process in which one is impartially judged. To impartially judge someone mean to forgo any assumptions of guilt or innocence and base a judgement solely on the evidence and how it relates to law.

What the rioters want is a predetermined outcome, not the due process of law that one is to be judge in. But again that is what true justice is. the fair processing or judgement of one's action in accordance to how our laws/moral codes are written. Justice is not an automatic verdict.

An automatic verdict of Guilt is the only answer the rioters want. This is not justice, this is vengeance. So then why do they not 'call a club a club' and shout no vengeance, no peace? Or use 'vengeance' as a way to legitimizing hunting down cops and ambushing them? Why hide behind the word 'justice?' Is it because most people are so stupid as to not see the definition of vengeance and been tagged onto the word justice?

The KKK used the words justice and morality to justify their actions, so then what is the difference here?

We have a race centered group of people putting it's collective interest above that of all other people/races in said community, citing 'justice' as the reason the have for morally operating above/outside the law.
RE: Why do the ritors ask for Justice?
(September 22, 2016 at 9:48 am)Drich Wrote: The KKK used the words justice and morality to justify their actions, so then what is the difference here?

You..really don't see a difference between the KKK and the rioters following a police shootings of unarmed people?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Ritors?
Why shouldn't the ritors ask for justice?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(September 22, 2016 at 9:52 am)Mathilda Wrote: Ritors?

Hm. It says Ritor was an Imperial. I wouldn't compare the Imperials to the KKK. "Space Nazis" is a far more accurate description.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Is this about riots following police shootings of black people?
I think the first point to make is, from reading postings on here, is that a large proportion of officers aren't even indicted (apologies if I'm using incorrect terminology here, the UK and US legal systems are a little different) - and therefore the opportunity for justice is limited in the first place.

The second point is that of those that do get indicted, a large proportion of those are eventually acquitted, where in different circumstances they would not (e.g. not an officer or not a black victim).

Yet there does seem to be a number of payouts from the police forces to the families of the victims, which does suggest some admission of responsibility on the part of those forces, so if the civil case is strong enough for forces to agree to settle, why aren't we seeing more indictments (and yes, I do know the standard of proof is different for civil and criminal proceedings, or at least it is in the UK).

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
Protesters are seeking justice. 

Rioters are probably not. They're opportunists for the most part; plain and simple. 
Their primary interests are their own.

People just can't be bothered to acknowledge the distinction between the two, I guess.
Oh, the irony of complaining that protestors should wait for due process when people are being systematically gunned down by the police for minor offenses or nothing at all. Or how about the irony of someone that regularly complains about the power of the state taking no issue with the state summarily executing people in the streets?

Why is it that when talking about welfare and other social programs conservatives can't express enough how evil the government is, but when it comes to the cops violating civil rights their response is "these protestors should settle down?"
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(September 22, 2016 at 9:52 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
(September 22, 2016 at 9:48 am)Drich Wrote: The KKK used the words justice and morality to justify their actions, so then what is the difference here?

You..really don't see a difference between the KKK and the rioters following a police shootings of unarmed people?

There were calls to march on white neighborhoods and "burn they shit down." I also heard a clip from this riot "We out like the taliban." "yall look white people over there, get'em."

Again as with the KKK the sense of need for social 'Justice' fuels a group consensus defining a new social morality gives this group permission (in their minds) to be outside the law.
Which again is what/why 'justice' was the rallying cry for those who have ambushed and actually killed police officers.

So to answer your question can I see differences between the KKK and rioters? yes of course, but I also see dangerous similarities. Can't you? or have you drank for the bowl of 'justice' koolaid?
Yeesh Drich.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sassy Justice Foxaèr 0 153 October 28, 2020 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  There is no justice...... RBG RIP! Brian37 96 5331 September 29, 2020 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  More obstruction of justice from Donald Trump. Jehanne 6 946 September 11, 2018 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Another one For Justice Kennedy to Decide Minimalist 8 3214 August 8, 2015 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Justice - American Style Minimalist 10 2319 July 18, 2015 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Glenn Greewald's With Liberty and Justice for Some Minimalist 13 2741 March 24, 2015 at 9:49 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Ferguson and the Justice Department Report JesusHChrist 39 7380 March 11, 2015 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Christian Orthodoxy's proof of love and justice Zenith 0 773 March 6, 2015 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Zenith