Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 2:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explain your avatar
Explain your avatar
Just as the title reads -- what is your avatar, and why did you choose it?

Mine's a Kandinsky painting, I like his stuff. Also, I change avs pretty regularly.

Explain your avatar
Mine is me. Chose it so people can put a face to the words. Maybe print it out and throw darts at it. Whatever floats your boat
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
RE: Explain your avatar
My avatar is "Just Jack" from the Wii game Madworld. He has a chainsaw permanently attached to his arm, to help with his main occupation (killing people). It's one of my favourite games of all time.

I chose him because I love video games, especially violent ones. He represents the loopy maniac inside me that loves harmless fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV2QAuSJJHI
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
My avatar is a puppy - for everyone being in the unclear.

I've chosen it because I love dogs and because it hurts me that I can't have one right now because of work related time constraints.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
This is from one of my earlier threads where I was deciding on an avatar. Here's the reason I gave then. Shouldn't have changed much.

Quote:I ended up going with Howard the Duck. Here's why:

A few months back, my daughter and I picked up Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. The story of the game covers two big events in the comics: The Secret Wars and The Civil Wars. Two story arcs I haven't read, so I did some reading up.

Oh SPOILERS!!! I guess.

At the end of the Civil Wars, it's decided to assign a government sanctioned Avengers Team to each state, in what's called the 50 States Initiative. Each team is made up of superheroes who have registered with the government. Having read this, my daughter and I got super excited because this means Ohio must have its own Avengers Team. How flippin cool! So I find a web page with the list of states and their assigned Avengers Team. New York has The Mighty Avengers lead by Iron-Man, New Jersey has the Last Defenders-- this is getting pretty exciting. My daughter and I are speculating who we think we got as we scroll through.

Finally, we get to Ohio and who do we have? Howard the Duck...and we don't have a team name...

So we adopted our northeast Ohio sports mentality and decided to love him no matter how terrible it is. And we do.

So for an atheist forum, I thought it would be appropriate to have my avatar be my own personal and state wide savior, Howard the Duck. Cleveland needs a hero.

I've updated it since. I found a nice piece of line work from the creator and decided to use that as the base for my avatar. I drew it up, colored it, and animated it in a program called PyxelEdit. Lots of fun. I've made a few more for the kids, and even made a Toothless gif for my big Sis.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Mine's a phage: a virus that infects bacteria. Those things were instrumental in the birth of molecular biology. Plus, they're just adorable. My girlfriend once told me they look like guys with HUGE DICKS
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
She's got quite the imagination.

(August 6, 2015 at 11:33 am)Lucanus Wrote: Mine's a phage: a virus that infects bacteria. Those things were instrumental in the birth of molecular biology. Plus, they're just adorable. My girlfriend once told me they look like guys with HUGE DICKS

Say what?

[Image: egyptian-god-fertility-isolated-38300265.jpg]
(August 6, 2015 at 11:34 am)Parkers Tan Wrote: She's got quite the imagination.

Yeah that was a different picture Tongue
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
My dog(s). Main focus after retirement.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Avatar time The Valkyrie 37 1589 January 4, 2022 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  New Avatar, yes or no The Valkyrie 18 1134 February 1, 2021 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Can Someone Explain This To Me? Jade-Green Stone 16 1484 November 28, 2018 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I have changed my avatar. You can come out now. I_am_not_mafia 9 1264 June 9, 2018 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Explain This #2: The Mandela Effect GrandizerII 11 1766 February 2, 2018 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Explain This #1: Belief vs. Knowledge GrandizerII 23 3133 January 16, 2018 at 6:55 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peanut Gallery Thread for Explain This #1: Belief vs. Knowledge GrandizerII 22 3675 January 12, 2018 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Can someone explain the Holocaust? Europa! 6 1352 September 15, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  New Avatar Competition The Valkyrie 32 2308 March 16, 2017 at 9:52 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Bestest Kitten: Avatar Change Edwardo Piet 25 2885 April 22, 2016 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: J a c k