Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dad lets daughter die, rather than be touched by 'strange' rescuer
This story has been on the news sites, not sure I know a word suitable to sum up my feelings about it.

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emirates...9-1.599613

A father of a 20-year-old girl let his daughter drown, stopping life guards from rescuing her.

He preferred that his daughter die rather than she be touched by a strange man, according to a top official.

Speaking to Emirates 24|7, Lt. Col Ahmed Burqibah, Deputy Director of Dubai Police’s Search and Rescue Department said that this incident took place at a beach in Dubai.

“This is one of the incidents which I cannot forget.

Lt. Col Ahmed Burqibah, Deputy Director of Dubai Police’s Search and Rescue Department said that this incident took place at a beach in Dubai. (Supplied)

“It shocked me and many others who were involved in the case.

“The Asian father took his wife and kids to the beach for picnic and fun.

“The kids were swimming in the beach when suddenly, the 20-year-old girl started drowning and screaming for help.

“Two rescue men were at the beach, and they rushed to help the girl.

“However, there was one obstacle which prevented them from reaching the girl and helping her.

“This obstacle was the belief of this Asian man who considered that if these men touched his daughter, then this would dishonour her. It cost him the life of his daughter.”

Lt. Col. Burqibah added that the father of the girl did not want the rescue men to touch his daughter as they were strange men.

“The father was a tall and strong man. He started pulling and preventing the rescue men and got violent with them. He told them that he prefers his daughter being dead than being touched by a strange man.”

He pointed out that this delay and fight with the girl’s father cost the girl her life. She drowned.

“She died unfortunately, at a time when she had a chance to live, especially that the rescue men were so close to her to pull her out of the water.”

Lt. Col. Burqibah added that the girl’s father was later arrested by Dubai Police for stopping the rescue team from saving his daughter’s life and doing their job.

“He was prosecuted and sued by the concerned authorities.”
Tubby I'm with you. I cannot come up with the right word.....
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
RE: Dad lets daughter die, rather than be touched by 'strange' rescuer
I can. Fucking murderer. Disgusting.
Unfuckingbelievable.
(August 10, 2015 at 11:58 am)Minimalist Wrote: Unfuckingbelievable.

There it is.  Is that German?  They tend to string words together to make new ones.  Wink
The thought that the poor girls last sight was likely her own father stopping her rescue makes me feel quite sick.
"Honor" can be a dirty word. So can "purity." In this case they are.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(August 10, 2015 at 11:49 am)lkingpinl Wrote: Tubby I'm with you. I cannot come up with the right word.....

I can.  But you won't like my "French."
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(August 10, 2015 at 12:14 pm)Jenny A Wrote:
(August 10, 2015 at 11:49 am)lkingpinl Wrote: Tubby I'm with you. I cannot come up with the right word.....

I can.  But you won't like my "French."

Says who?  I love french.  Wink
I can't help but notice that the story only identifies the family as Asian.  I wonder what "religion" they were.

[Image: unhappy-arab-032.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets go shopping now, every lizard's learning how Brian37 34 1726 April 11, 2021 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Lets hand out guns like candy. Kenosha edition. Brian37 15 686 August 27, 2020 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How many people will die due to covid spread over memorial day CarveTheFive 20 1532 May 19, 2020 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  T.I. takes his daughter to the gyno every year to check her Hymen. Divinity 48 3856 December 5, 2019 at 8:39 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Baltimore, MD - Husband and daughter arrested for murder of Jacquelyn Smith EgoDeath 0 426 March 5, 2019 at 1:49 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  More people die from suicide than war and natural disasters combined. CapnAwesome 39 3016 October 16, 2018 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: CarveTheFive
  I'd Rather Have Your Dog In Congress Than You Minimalist 2 515 May 28, 2018 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  It's always strange to me Amarok 16 1492 February 2, 2018 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  How Many Will Die Because The WLB Is A Fucking Moron? Minimalist 58 7518 December 10, 2017 at 9:48 pm
  But 'murrican kids on Medicaid Can Go Fucking Die..... Minimalist 7 1121 July 11, 2017 at 4:03 pm