Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we teleporting?
Are we teleporting?
Okay imagine a pixel in position x.
Imagine the pixel goes to position x+1.
Imagine the pixel goes to position x+2.
Imagine the pixel goes to position x+3.

Imagine the pixel continues going farther from x.
Now imagine the pixel is going really fast.Like really really fast.

Wouldn't that give the illusion that the actual pixel is now a line? (Don't mix it with persistence of vision) 
Ok so get this,
We get the illusion of a line(vector?) from a single pixel.

We know that a line(vector?idk) is continuous.A single pixel is used to give the impression of something that is continuous.
In computers this impression is given by erasing the pixel in position x and reforming the exact same pixel in position x+1,do this fast enough and we get a "continuous" feel.
Have you realized that it is basically teleportation that we are doing?We erase a pixel in position x and reproduce the exact same pixel in position x+1.

Raise your hand and put it in front of you.Now move it.It feels "continuous" d'nnit? 
What if it really isn't continuous? What if we are teleporting every single time we see something move? What if we are teleporting so fast that we feel that we are in a continuous motion?
So if we can slow down ourselves fast enough(slow the pixel down fast enough)will we see our past replicas? (Like how you slow down the pixel going really fast to give the illusion of a continuous line we see many different pixels?)

So did our ancestors experience time faster?And our future generations will experience it in slow motion? (Since the faster things move the slower time gets?)

0.o
RE: Are we teleporting?
Pool, just a quick note.
When you hear a waveform of an analogous device eg" vinyl record, it is a continuous waveform.
The same music via a digital format like a cd might sound nicer due to modern technology, but broken down, it is actually in "steps" or "pixels" as you state.
(When the cd first came out, many audiophiles suggested that the 16bit resolution cd standard may not have been high enough)

Basically what I'm saying is, is that digital information is unnatural at it's heart, whereas analogous information is/should be a true reflection of reality.
So to try to separate "time" into its lowest common denominator, you'll need to divide by infinity!
PS, Your algebra will either get you a great job or put you into a mental asylum! hehe
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I just showed that the universe is not continuous.
What do i win?
I don't know very much about this level of science, but here's what I have interpreted so far:

Time is discrete, it jumps between multiples of Plank Time.

Matter/energy/etc seems to display both particle and wave-like properties, depending on the situation. Or more accurately, our measurements of these things act that way. We can't actually ever directly observe the things themselves.

Am I close?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(August 13, 2015 at 11:58 am)pool Wrote: I just showed that the universe is not continuous.
What do i win?

You have just restated zenos paradox.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeno%27s_paradoxes

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Imanago with no.

If you for example quickly swipe acoss the moon with a laser pointer from earth, the dot moves faster than light. But no information is transmitted along its path.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(August 13, 2015 at 5:02 am)pool Wrote: Okay imagine a pixel in position x.
Imagine the pixel goes to position x+1.
Imagine the pixel goes to position x+2.
Imagine the pixel goes to position x+3.

Imagine the pixel continues going farther from x.
Now imagine the pixel is going really fast.Like really really fast.

Wouldn't that give the illusion that the actual pixel is now a line? (Don't mix it with persistence of vision) 
Ok so get this,
We get the illusion of a line(vector?) from a single pixel.

We know that a line(vector?idk) is continuous.A single pixel is used to give the impression of something that is continuous.
In computers this impression is given by erasing the pixel in position x and reforming the exact same pixel in position x+1,do this fast enough and we get a "continuous" feel.
Have you realized that it is basically teleportation that we are doing?We erase a pixel in position x and reproduce the exact same pixel in position x+1.

Raise your hand and put it in front of you.Now move it.It feels "continuous" d'nnit? 
What if it really isn't continuous? What if we are teleporting every single time we see something move? What if we are teleporting so fast that we feel that we are in a continuous motion?
So if we can slow down ourselves fast enough(slow the pixel down fast enough)will we see our past replicas? (Like how you slow down the pixel going really fast to give the illusion of a continuous line we see many different pixels?)

So did our ancestors experience time faster?And our future generations will experience it in slow motion? (Since the faster things move the slower time gets?)

0.o

Crack's a hell of a drug. Rolleyes
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I'm
Glad
That
Got
Soughted
Out.
You're all giving me the Leonard McCoy hebie gebies.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 13, 2015 at 2:25 pm)Alex K Wrote: Imanago with no.

If you for example quickly swipe acoss the moon with a laser pointer from earth, the dot moves faster than light. But no information is transmitted along its path.

So?
What does that have to do with continuity?

Guys,think about it,open up Paint in your computer,pick a brush,hold down the left mouse button and draw across the screen.This is continuity.
I have a hard time converting the visual image in my head into words,so i'll draw it for you.

[Image: download.jpg]

and then:
[Image: download1.jpg]

Now i'm just smiling looking at myself wiggle my finger and realizing that i've been teleporting all along! lool!!