Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oklahoma's New Abortion Laws
Oklahoma's New Abortion Laws
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story...=126308988

I'm sickened and outraged that it passed. And very glad that I don't live in OK.
I'm pro-choice, but I don't think I'd be able to have an abortion after that. That or hate myself for the longest time. It would definitely haunt me. D:

I have family from my dad's side there... which now concerns me with how many more relatives I'll be gaining if it isn't changed. D:

Any opinions out there? >.<
Saerules Wrote:The air, tis wonderful!

Saerules Wrote:No, don't even ask what I just laughed at. I will not tell you what I just laughed at! You may think I'm going to tell you what I just laughed at, but I'm not!
xD
RE: Oklahoma's New Abortion Laws
Ugh. My opinion? This is a right-wing attempt to appear to be allowing a choice, while simultaneously trying to control that choice through emotional manipulation. Unfortunately, such tactics are nothing new.
Shit. Why does the government think it's their business to decide whether a woman wants to keep her baby or have an abortion. Truly disgusting! It is obvious that none of those Repukican's who voted for this have a daughter that's had to deal with an unwanted pregnancy or have dealt with raising a child with disabilities. Barf.
binnyCoffee
(April 28, 2010 at 11:02 am)Paul the Human Wrote: Ugh. My opinion? This is a right-wing attempt to appear to be allowing a choice, while simultaneously trying to control that choice through emotional manipulation. Unfortunately, such tactics are nothing new.

I'm fostering the same opinion. And it's way too obvious that that's their intention.

(April 28, 2010 at 11:35 am)binny Wrote: Shit. Why does the government think it's their business to decide whether a woman wants to keep her baby or have an abortion. Truly disgusting! It is obvious that none of those Repukican's who voted for this have a daughter that's had to deal with an unwanted pregnancy or have dealt with raising a child with disabilities. Barf.

It doesn't matter if they did. They'd have their daughter "living with their bad decision(s)"* either way. You can't reason with people who already have their beliefs set in stone.

*Heard from one of my mom's old friends when I brought up abortion once.

Saerules Wrote:No, don't even ask what I just laughed at. I will not tell you what I just laughed at! You may think I'm going to tell you what I just laughed at, but I'm not!
xD
At the heart of all evil is religion.

Sanctimonious xtian bastards who think their views and those of their silly god should get credence in the law.

Assholes.
While abortion is legal in America, it is far from available from the people who often need it most. Conservative groups constantly chip away at abortion laws with discriminating and horrendous bills like this. It's appalling.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Those rules are fucked up. That is my opinion.

EvF
(April 28, 2010 at 12:13 pm)Minimalist Wrote: At the heart of all evil is religion.

Sanctimonious xtian bastards who think their views and those of their silly god should get credence in the law.

Assholes.

They think they're saving lives and souls of those babies (fetuses?). But does a fetus have a soul? If so, isn't that soul under siege of Jesus? If not, Why would God let a fetus go to hell?*

I, personally, do not believe that abortion is wrong and that is because it is still dependent on the mother for survival. As soon as it is no longer dependent on the mother; it's murder.

*Christian perspective. Just goes to show that by their own stupidity, they condemn unborn children to a life of poverty and struggle (and the others that are affected by it). Just because they have to save the baby's soul. They need another +1 for God! -

(thanks! My internet wasn't working, resulting me in clicking the "post" button rapidly xD)

xD
Quote:They think they're saving lives and souls of those babies (fetuses?).

Yeah but if it grows up to be queer they'd happily kill it!
(April 28, 2010 at 12:56 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:They think they're saving lives and souls of those babies (fetuses?).

Yeah but if it grows up to be queer they'd happily kill it!

No. They'd send it to a Christian Health Clinic to "help them overcome their sinful and fleshly desires" Tongue

Then they'd kill them. Assuming the brainwa-I mean, rehibilitation programs worked as planned. xP

xD

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about choice and laws in the USA ShinyCrystals 7 887 October 15, 2023 at 10:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why Red Flag Laws Won't Work. onlinebiker 203 9409 August 26, 2019 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  That's odd...I thought we were a nation of laws? GODZILLA 24 4656 June 25, 2018 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The Power of Freedom vs. Hate Speech Laws Mechaghostman2 13 1574 May 1, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Right to Work laws in America Joods 25 2412 April 18, 2018 at 4:33 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Laws Are No Better Than The Fuckheads Who Enforce Them Minimalist 2 594 April 3, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I'm against abortion until my mistress needs one Doubting Thomas 32 4632 October 8, 2017 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Ivan Denisovich
  Notes from Oklahoma Brian37 3 730 November 10, 2016 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Apparently Oklahoma Loves Being Sued Minimalist 14 2045 May 22, 2016 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  This Must Be Shit On Oklahoma Day. Minimalist 1 484 May 20, 2016 at 12:43 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain