Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Resident Theists
Dear Resident Theists
I've asked this from several people multiple times, and never got an answer. Needles to say my curiosity remains unsatisfied.

So would any of you, nice, pretty, tasty god fearing men and women be so kind and present to me, step by step, your line of reasoning in going through this progression:

First cause
V
deistic deity
V
Theistic god
V
abrahamic god
V
your particular abrahamic god
V
your particular denomination's god
V
your personal version of this god

Really, really pretty please? ._.

(I realize that the last two may be the same thing depending on the circumstances, so feel free to merge them if you like)
RE: Dear Resident Theists
I wonna see the reasoning to this.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
The answer will be geographically adjusted.... i.e., 'jesus' or 'allah' or whatever the fuck.
[Image: UnderpantsGnomesPlan.jpg]
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
They aren't going to bite. They've got nothing.
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
(August 14, 2015 at 1:07 pm)Pizza Wrote: They aren't going to bite. They've got nothing.

That's really the problem though, they never have anything, they just pretend they have something, but when cornered, they curl up into a little  ball and suck on their collective thumbs.  It's really pathetic.
There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide mankind that cannot be achieved as well or better through secular means.
Bitch at my blog! Follow me on Twitter! Subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Hence the definition of "faith" - pretending to know what you don't actually know.

I'm having a crisis of faith! I'm having a crisis of pretending to know what I don't actually know! (Thank you Manual for Creating Atheists.)
(August 14, 2015 at 1:07 pm)Pizza Wrote: They aren't going to bite. They've got nothing.

Or they'll say 'my god is the exact same God as everyone else of my [denomination]/[religion]', despite the fact that you can literally paste examples of them disagreeing on this very forum allone.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
I'm tired of waiting. Taking my obligatory old fart nap now.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 14, 2015 at 1:41 pm)Pandæmonium Wrote:

Or they'll say 'my god is the exact same God as everyone else of my [denomination]/[religion]', despite the fact that you can literally paste examples of them disagreeing on this very forum allone.
I remember having that problem in my irreligious theism vs religious theism thread.
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God ignoramus 21 6853 June 12, 2017 at 8:50 am
Last Post: Drich
  Questions for theists (and ex-theists, too) Longhorn 15 4871 April 23, 2015 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: orangebox21
  Dear Religion TubbyTubby 37 8676 January 16, 2015 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  A small thanks to the resident Theists.. Mystical 557 246416 March 30, 2014 at 9:30 am
Last Post: Chas
  Theists: What makes your claims right and the claims of other theists wrong? Ryantology 29 8141 March 21, 2014 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  Dear ex-theists Bad Writer 55 14422 March 15, 2014 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Dear Forum... JesusFreeeek69 53 20627 January 31, 2012 at 8:28 am
Last Post: Mitja
  Dear God: Get the hell out of our schools! DiRNiS 15 6545 May 19, 2011 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla