Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Fake A Photo
Why Fake A Photo
I am putting this under spoiler tags because it is graphic. A relative by marriage posted this online. I clicked on the link that took me to where my relative first found the photo.  Several people on that site  told the person that owned the page that the image is a fake and that it comes from a movie called Inner Depravity. My question is why  would anyone go through the hassle of creating a fake meme when they could have found real photos of ISIS brutality?

This is the page where my relative got the photo.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Libera-Da...nref=story

My relative is full of hate and anger but I check his facebook occasionally because he does sometimes post very lovely photos of people that we both know.
RE: Why Fake A Photo
Got to jazz it up to get those hatred juices really flowing.

Fuck the local ecology, fuck collateral damage, fuck the wales, nuke em all, NUKE EM ALL NOW!

Wow, that felt good.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I feel their hatred flowing... good. Good.
(August 16, 2015 at 11:24 am)mh.brewer Wrote:  fuck the wales

Hey, now. They shoot Doctor Who in Wales! Tongue
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(August 16, 2015 at 11:36 am)Lucanus Wrote:

Apologies, not the best spellifier. Meant fuck the Scotts, those manky gits. HAH
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
https://youtu.be/K5lYXaVkA0U
The top of the meme says "Christians in Syria," but there are plenty of atrocities in Syria to highlight. The fact that the meme mentions Christians specifically makes me lead to believe that this is some Western Christian looking to feel persecuted, and we all know the dishonest lenghts they'll go to do that.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(August 16, 2015 at 11:06 am)Nope Wrote: ... My question is why  would anyone go through the hassle of creating a fake meme when they could have found real photos of ISIS brutality?

It is because they want a picture that looks specifically anti-Christian, to fit their persecution complex.  Their purpose is not to tell the truth, but to spin the story to connect it with their religion (Christianity).

Also, "hassle" is the wrong word.  It is no more difficult to use a picture from a movie than a picture from a news source.  Lies are as easy to tell as the truth.  And selecting an irrelevant photo online is as easy as selecting a relevant one.  So there is no extra hassle in doing what they are doing.

Your mistake in viewing this is imagining that they are acting in good faith.  Many Christians have no scruples about lying for Jesus.

Once the lie gets started, then the believers are ready to spread the message, as it fits with the narrative that they believe, and so they do not doubt that it is true.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(August 16, 2015 at 11:36 am)Lucanus Wrote:

IKR? They also shag sheep. There is alot of action going there.
(August 16, 2015 at 11:55 am)LastPoet Wrote:
(August 16, 2015 at 11:36 am)Lucanus Wrote: Hey, now. They shoot Doctor Who in Wales! Tongue

IKR? They also shag sheep. There is alot of action going there.

Not when I was there there wasn't. Just rain. Lots and lots of rain. Some summer holiday that was.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this fake news? I hope so, but I do not know... FlatAssembler 5 781 June 2, 2021 at 4:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I don't like AOC and her fake new fans part 1 Drich 12 1615 February 20, 2019 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Dr, Dr, give me the fake news........... Brian37 7 1248 November 15, 2018 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Saudi group posts photo of plane about to hit Toronto's CN tower... ReptilianPeon 17 2548 August 10, 2018 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Fake News Minimalist 1 394 November 13, 2017 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Harvey and a "fake news" reporter..... Brian37 33 8097 August 28, 2017 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  "Fake News" Foxaèr 5 1526 July 1, 2017 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  And The Trumptards Shall Shriek "Fake News!" Minimalist 29 10637 June 25, 2017 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  50% of Trumps Twitter followers are fake Foxaèr 17 5159 June 14, 2017 at 4:40 am
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  A photo where Trump looks happy! Jehanne 3 856 June 1, 2017 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist