Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday Morning Mass chuckle
Sunday Morning Mass chuckle
Ooh, when the gospel passage readers get their words tangled up, it can be amusing! For example, one woman tripped on the word "debauchery" and somehow merged it with "hypocrisy".  Voila! A useful new term: debaucrisy!  My brain immediately went to examples like Swaggart, railing against homosexuality while hiring male prostitutes . . . Priests raping children . . . the Preacher I knew when I was 15 who had gotten half of the 6th grade girls pregnant . . .      Debaucrisy!

But I'll bet some of the wits here could come up with a much more amusing definition. Any takers?
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
RE: Sunday Morning Mass chuckle
Uhh....It's what 'democracy' sounds like if you have a cold? Huh
(August 16, 2015 at 3:07 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: Ooh, when the gospel passage readers get their words tangled up, it can be amusing! For example, one woman tripped on the word "debauchery" and somehow merged it with "hypocrisy".  Voila! A useful new term: debaucrisy!  My brain immediately went to examples like Swaggart, railing against homosexuality while hiring male prostitutes . . . Priests raping children . . . the Preacher I knew when I was 15 who had gotten half of the 6th grade girls pregnant . . .      Debaucrisy!

But I'll bet some of the wits here could come up with a much more amusing definition. Any takers?

You did pretty well there.

I might add some items regarding various mullahs shilling for the religion of peace.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Debaucrisy: having illicit sex while doing paperwork.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is a Mass Murderer AniKoferBo 210 16692 May 19, 2020 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: no one
  Just now on CBS This morning a rabbi/ my OP ED Brian37 3 1086 November 16, 2017 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Astreja
  Mass shooting in a school? Need God. Mass shooting in a church?.... Chad32 54 11669 November 14, 2017 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  God nowhere to be seen on Easter Sunday Foxaèr 17 3968 April 22, 2014 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Mormons quit church in mass resignation ceremony Ziploc Surprise 1 1825 July 5, 2012 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Freewill of Mass Murderers Forsaken 18 5410 February 17, 2012 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: jason56
  another cult commits mass suicide downbeatplumb 14 4640 May 31, 2011 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Back From Mass: RachelSkates 10 4119 August 29, 2010 at 1:25 am
Last Post: Disinter