Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A duck story
A duck story
Going down the sidewalk in front of work, a duck with a bunch of baby ducks  tailgating momma as close as they can, is cautiously edging up to me, looking like she intends to cross Broadway.

Broadway is 4 lanes and 45 mph, besides that, there's three sets of railroad tracks on a raised rocky bed.
So I try to scoot her down the lawn so she can head to the big pond out back of the plant.

She is very reluctant to change her mind, a buddy sees this and says,
 "Mike, you'll be here all day trying to keep here back, she is going across the road. 
there is a little pond beyond the tracks and that is where she is going.
 I'll stop traffic and you get behind her and herd her across".

We get a lull in traffic and see no trains at the moment.
 She is real slow and cautious. I can't get too close or she halts progress.
I am behind clapping my hands and telling her to GO!
  Finally, we cross, she hops the curb and the little ones flounder against it. 
We scoop them up and flip them to the stones where the have no trouble getting up to mom.
I see a car is stopped to the right of  me.

We see one train headlight but appears to be stationary, meanwhile momma hops the first rail but again, the little ones are against an even bigger wall, the rail towers over them.
Tom and I are grabbing them while they are scrambling back and forth wanting mom.
Two or three at a time fit in two hands and we shuttle them to the rear of Mrs. duck, one jumps out of my hands and falls about a foot and a half, lays there and gets up un-hurt, I catch it and on to the next.
Finally all of them are behind momma on the other side.
  We get back, and as I am washing my hands with some bottled water, Tom says, "A little duck poo never hurt anyone, I hunt and fish but like to take care of wildlife". "The mother duck caught on to what we were doing".

I thought about it later, for the ducks to have survived, we had to have been there on time, and Tom passing by at the right moment.
 Cool.
RE: A duck story
I want a written statement before i say nice that this isn't going to prove Christianity. ):<

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Feels like a flight of fancy. But then so does all of christianity.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
That pond had some toxic run-off. Most of them died off, but I survived. Thanks Mike!
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
That was a nice story and I am glad that you helped the ducks to their pond. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Never ending story: add 3 words! robvalue 9620 544776 August 21, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  [Serious] A true Christmas story. Jehanne 6 853 December 19, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The story of Midas makes no sense Foxaèr 13 1162 April 27, 2022 at 11:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1171 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Skins vs plastic, a loaded potato story. Brian37 40 2269 December 30, 2020 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A story Apollo 2 415 November 22, 2020 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Another story from the "Dumbass" files, me. Brian37 63 2971 October 27, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Sal
  The one sentence story, #1. Gawdzilla Sama 12 783 September 20, 2018 at 4:40 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Phew! And another south of the boarder story. Brian37 3 559 July 19, 2018 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Brian37
  This Story Reminds Me of One of Murphy's Laws Minimalist 7 1352 March 10, 2018 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician