Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duggars back to Making Money
Duggars back to Making Money
I guess I shouldn't be surprised as I am. TLC and the Duggars back on the air. This time their giving advise to sex abuse victims.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/desperat...ms-report/

Just can't keep a good hypocrite down!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Duggars back to Making Money
What advice would that be? "Keep your fucking mouth shut."?
Are you fucking serious -_-
(August 18, 2015 at 4:57 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: Are you fucking serious -_-
They got some mighty big balls. Or, their lust for money and lifestyle overrides any sense of human dignity.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Get these fucking people and their disgusting ideas away from any abuse victim. And off the fucking air
I imagine that show will go something like this:
Touching your naughty place is a sin. Do not let others touch your naughty place until your are wed, but even then,
 do not touch your own naughty place . If a trusted family member touches your naughty place, put it in
God's hands, because boys will be boys......and the Lord wants us to forgive. Ask yourself what steps can be taken
 to discourage "bad things" from happening to you in the future......such as longer nightgowns, copying Scripture, and 
strict implementation of a side-hug only with the offender. Amen.
TLC would be crucified if they gave the Duggars a new show.

With that said, though, I agree with mh.b: they've got some mighty big balls.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
How fucking tasteless is that? It takes more than balls to come up with a show like that after their handling of their son and daughters. It takes a total detachment from reality, but that's what we expect from these people.

TLC is already trying to cover ts ass from the whole fiasco by airing a documentary about sexual abuse. I'm assuming the Duggars weren't invited to be a part of it.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(August 19, 2015 at 10:37 am)Faith No More Wrote: TLC is already trying to cover ts ass from the whole fiasco by airing a documentary about sexual abuse.  I'm assuming the Duggars weren't invited to be a part of it.

Quote:“Over these past weeks, TLC has consulted regularly with leading victims’ rights and advocacy organizations in the U.S., including RAINN and Darkness to Light, to discuss how to use this moment to address the issue and make a positive impact,” said a statement from the network. “Unfortunately, child sexual abuse is not an isolated issue; it affects many children and families around the world. To that end, we are partnering with both organizations on a multi-platform campaign to raise awareness and educate parents and families about the issue. In the first phase of this initiative, TLC will work closely with both groups and with the Duggar family on a one-hour documentary that will include Jill and Jessa and other survivors and families that have been affected by abuse.”

It's not clear from this statement whether Mom and Pop Duggar will appear on the show, but the statement released from TLC implies that Jill and Jessa will be, and that the Duggars are, in some way, a part of that documentary, so they'll probably be compensated for their time and participation in it. Dodgy
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
It would be a dumb move, in my opinion, to put them in it. Airing this documentary is clearly a slick marketing ploy to reverse some of the damage done to TLC's image, and when you combine public relation moves with serious issues, you're going to have a high level of scrutiny. Using people that were caught mishandling a sex abuse case to clean up your image is not a smart move when all eyes are on you.

Of course, many of the boneheaded idiots that watch that show may very well see the Duggars appearing in a documentary like that as some sort of redemption for the family. You never know how stuff like this will play out in the U.S. with pious Christians getting busted for doing the wrong thing.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Assad is back, the monster is back. WinterHold 12 842 May 19, 2023 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are executions making the US look bad? Jehanne 33 1635 May 18, 2022 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  If the Fed can print an unlimited amount of money, why does anybody need to pay tax? ignoramus 12 937 April 24, 2020 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  A Fool And His Money Are Soon Parted Minimalist 3 333 November 20, 2018 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Never Fuck With A Billionaire's Money! Minimalist 5 639 July 29, 2018 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  So After All That Tough Talk And Excuse Making Amarok 22 3308 July 9, 2018 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  LGBTQ rights making progress. Jehanne 12 1300 March 23, 2018 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Fuck. It's Only Money Minimalist 0 430 October 31, 2017 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Disney Channel is making history with its first gay coming-out story Foxaèr 57 5961 October 28, 2017 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  North Korea Now Making Missile Ready Nuclear Weapons A Theist 199 49725 August 15, 2017 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus