Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phony Religious Fuckwits Lose In Court
Phony Religious Fuckwits Lose In Court
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/court-up...n-profits/

Quote:Federal court says Indiana religious non-profit groups must comply with Obamacare

More for the christards to scream about!
RE: Phony Religious Fuckwits Lose In Court
It's funny how federal laws must be applied to everyone, equally....
Innit funny how these religious whack-a-loons tend to oppose - on religious grounds - only those things which do not affect them immediately and personally?

To paraphrase George Carlin, most of the people opposed to contraception are people you wouldn't want to fuck in the first place.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
It's ridiculous that organizations think they can force their employees to adhere to their religious beliefs. It'd be like saying a Muslim organization could prevent their employees from buying bacon.
They've been trying to make this country a theocracy for a couple hundred years. They've made traction over time, but now they're getting pushback and they don't like it.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Haha. It's hilarious how levelling the playing field is seen as persecution.

"But we used to be able to do what the fuck we wanted!"

Yeah, that's the problem asswipes. The age of reason is coming and it has no problem throwing Jesus into the same pile as all other versions of nonsense.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Spot on, rob. Someone needs to explain to these feeps that losing the legal protection to persecute other people doesn't mean that you yourself are being persecuted.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Indeed!

Remind me again which team has an omnipotent God on their side? Thinking
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(September 5, 2015 at 4:56 am)robvalue Wrote: Indeed!

Remind me again which team has an omnipotent God on their side? Thinking

In practical terms, the ones with either the heaviest artillery or the best lawyers. Funny how it always seems to work out that way....

Boru
(September 4, 2015 at 7:14 pm)Cecelia Wrote: It's ridiculous that organizations think they can force their employees to adhere to their religious beliefs.  It'd be like saying a Muslim organization could prevent their employees from buying bacon.

But it has a long tradition in capitalism, not necessarily related to religion. Henry Ford, for example forced his employees to observe his strict code of morality. There are examples of German industrial patriarchs doing the same, such as Krupp.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leaked Supreme Court Decision signals majority set to overturn Roe v. Wade Cecelia 234 17528 June 7, 2022 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Supreme Court To Take Up Right to Carry Firearm Outside Home onlinebiker 57 2245 April 29, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mark Cuban, "spend it or lose it" idea. Brian37 29 2017 May 19, 2020 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Court Ordered Quarantine brewer 2 445 October 24, 2019 at 10:15 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Supreme Court Considers Mandatory Govt Funding of Religious Education EgoDeath 8 763 September 24, 2019 at 10:37 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Fed Court, "hand over 8yrs of your finances" Brian37 15 1009 May 22, 2019 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Court of Appeals Tells Alabama Shitheads to "Fuck Off!" Minimalist 6 1122 August 23, 2018 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Supreme Court Rules In Favor Of Colorado Baker A Theist 371 47023 June 14, 2018 at 2:41 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Maddow and this weeks court TRANSCRIPTS... Brian37 14 1730 April 19, 2018 at 4:38 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Night Court judge, actor Harry Anderson dies c172 9 1331 April 16, 2018 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: Brian37