Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What really am I?
What really am I?
I understand the premise behind "Theist" in this forum and I don't particularly believe in an all knowing, vauge higher being that looks over us. I just like to argue with people and learn things. Can someone tell me what I should put in the little box that says "what are your views on religion/God?" Or if there is a good technical example of a "god" that you look to in times of referenece? Thank you.
RE: What really am I?
Maybe try looking up "Deist"?
What really am I?
(September 9, 2015 at 5:18 pm)Knight000 Wrote: I just like to argue with people

Ahh a kindred spirit.
How can there be a technical example when science cannot analyse it?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
For the longest time of my life I believed in a totally neutral force driving the universe. That would be deist. But then I came to the conclusion that a totally neutral force doesn't need people believing or worshipping. It wouldn't care.

And I came to yet another conclusion. Me doing the same thing our stone Age ancestors were doing. Staring at the moon and the stars, not understanding them and in lack of a better explanation calling them gods. Only on a higher scientific level. But it was still filling the gap of knowledge.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(September 9, 2015 at 5:18 pm)Knight000 Wrote: I understand the premise behind "Theist" in this forum and I don't particularly believe in an all knowing, vauge higher being that looks over us. I just like to argue with people and learn things. Can someone tell me what I should put in the little box that says "what are your views on religion/God?" Or if there is a good technical example of a "god" that you look to in times of referenece? Thank you.
Bold mine.

You really want someone to tell you what you believe? I can't tell you exactly what mine is, let alone tell you yours. I can tell you that atheist is as close as I can come without being specific. If I get into specifics then my view of atheist (what I believe/don't believe) would probably not match exactly to any other atheist here or anywhere.

Why don't you tell us more about your belief(s), we'll tell you more about ours, then as you define things more you can change your view as you see fit. Beliefs often change. In my youth, theist, then neutral, then atheist. Who knows what in the future, not me.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I do. Well, it is my bread and butter.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Hey there,

Deist might fit you, but since it sounds like your beliefs are fairly specifically your own, rather than those of some organized religion, why not try and define it yourself? For instance "whatever I feel like today", or something else snarky or funny.

I'm technically an atheist, so I just kept it simple. I could have put something about my own take on philosophical Taoism, but I don't want to confuse people, lol.

But really, I think of myself as an atheist AND a (non-religious) Taoist. Hmmm...maybe I ought to think harder about my own definition......

Er, but back to you. Yes, you should define it yourself. It might change, too. Smile Good luck figuring it out!
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Personally I think if everyone just put "Sean Bean" then there would be no confusion.
Mother nature is my one true creator and god.
She needs no worship as she is not conscious. It's a thankless job but someone had to do it right?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.