Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California Approves Doctor Assisted Suicide
California Approves Doctor Assisted Suicide
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/californ...d-suicide/

As always....

Quote:Some religious organizations, including the Roman Catholic Church, also opposed the bill.

Go fuck yourselves, ya perverts.
RE: California Approves Doctor Assisted Suicide
The legislature approved it. California governor Jerry Brown is a liberal though so I'm guessing he'll sign it. Good news.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Good start. I'd like to see it expanded to cover certain people that are short of a terminal diagnosis, but I'm not even sure where I'd stop.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Good. The freedom to decide one's own fate is the most basic freedom.

I sure have mixed feelings about this.

I spent a great deal of time pondering this topic back in the 80s for obvious reasons.

No one ever asked me for help or advice, and I was somewhat surprised. Ken, CL, Ern all went off by themselves and took care of it on their own. I've never second guessed their decisions. I remain surprised there weren't more, actually.

Brian didn't. Not even close, he was gonna beat it right up until he didn't. If he'd asked for me to be with him if he had done it I would have. After he was gone I wasn't suicidal myself, despite my misery, it would have been inappropriate to have in regards to Brian. Despite not being suicidal afterwards, I'll admit being indifferent about living for months.

I think had Dennis not gone blind he would have. He had the KS real bad and was horribly disfigured, but he was mostly unaware, and medicated in any regard. Starving to death from multiple tumorous obstructions throughout his GI tract could not have been pleasant, but he never complained about that.

Dave didn't suicide, but he didn't put up much of a fight either. He wanted out of the situation any way possible as soon as possible and it didn't take long.

And then there's the other Ken. The only one I even briefly entertained the idea of offing myself.

He was the one who told me the virus would let him live as long as he was useful to it . . . .

This is a big subject. I've spent much time with it, and with others both HIV - and +, and I'll be damned if there is any good answer out there.

It's a CF all the way around.

I wish I could talk to Brian about it now.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

"I'm strictly against it because it is such an unpleasant subject to think about"
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I'm envious of those the subject has not been forced upon . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Good to see that, should I ever need this particular service, I no longer have to return to the PacNW for it. It also brightens my hope that Colorado will wise up and get a similar law on the books.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
The UK has just voted against it, you can do it for a dog that's suffering, but not a human? If I am in pain with no hope of a cure I want the choice!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(September 12, 2015 at 6:38 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote: The UK has just voted against it, you can do it for a dog that's suffering, but not a human? If I am in pain with no hope of a cure I want the choice!

Dogs are better than people.

Quote:Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.

Mark Twain, a Biography

http://www.twainquotes.com/Dogs.html

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  California about to be the first state to administer reparations!s Huggy Bear 77 3845 April 3, 2022 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  US troops and Afghans killed in suicide attacks outside Kabul airport WinterHold 3 579 August 26, 2021 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  UK approves Pfizer's vaccine Foxaèr 0 210 December 2, 2020 at 8:37 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  This from the California Tourism Board. Gawdzilla Sama 74 5373 September 21, 2020 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2463 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Guns and suicide onlinebiker 51 4401 August 9, 2019 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Garlic festival shooting: Three dead in Gilroy California zebo-the-fat 30 3157 August 1, 2019 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  California ban on high capacity magazines declared unconstitutional popeyespappy 178 10371 May 3, 2019 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  No more executions in California? Jehanne 0 287 March 14, 2019 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  News as surprising as another mass shooting: California ablaze again/still Whateverist 24 2449 November 18, 2018 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Brian37