Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Garlic festival shooting: Three dead in Gilroy California
Three people have been killed and 15 injured after a gunman attacked a food festival in California.
The gunman was shot dead by police shortly after he began firing, although police are investigating reports that a second suspect may still be at large.
The Gilroy Garlic Festival was about to end for the weekend on Sunday evening, when shots were fired at the site.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49147369

But.... I thought guns kept you safe?
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: Garlic festival shooting: Three dead in Gilroy California
(July 29, 2019 at 1:30 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Garlic festival shooting: Three dead in Gilroy California
Three people have been killed and 15 injured after a gunman attacked a food festival in California.
The gunman was shot dead by police shortly after he began firing, although police are investigating reports that a second suspect may still be at large.
The Gilroy Garlic Festival was about to end for the weekend on Sunday evening, when shots were fired at the site.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49147369

But.... I thought guns kept you safe?

Recorded as the 246th mass shooting in the States this year.

But no, there’s not a problem.
Dying to live, living to die.
[Image: d9AAS1M.jpg]
Vampire resistance operatives strike again!
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 29, 2019 at 1:55 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Vampire resistance operatives strike again!

This was my first thought also. Either that or part of the militant onion wing.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Media coverage lasted about 2.5 seconds.

Just another day in 'Merica
Illegitimi non carborundum
The truth has been for the past 40 years since lobbyists hijacked the NRA that it has been since, a corporate lobby, not the safety org it started out as.
(July 29, 2019 at 2:10 pm)Figbash Wrote: Media coverage lasted about 2.5 seconds.

Just another day in 'Merica

That's because you've all given up and accepted that an unacceptable thing is normal, like Trump, your whole government system was designed to limit him and he just ignores it. exposing the fact that you will accept anything.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Of all the places in the world, a Garlic festival... What's next, a watermelon festival?

Par for the course in the US. It becomes the norm, so media won't report it. A man bites a dog, but if a man bites a dog every other week, it begets a habit.
(July 29, 2019 at 2:26 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Of all the places in the world, a Garlic festival... What's next, a watermelon festival?

Par for the course in the US. It becomes the norm, so media won't report it. A man bites a dog, but if a man bites a dog every other week, it begets a habit.

Targets of mass shooters have been 

Workplaces
Restaurants
Grade schools, middle schools, high schools 
Colleges 
Military bases
Movie Theaters
Malls
Churches
Music concerts
Day Trading offices
Clock towers
Hotels

Motives have been

Mental illness
Work place grudge
Racism
Religious 

And funny that, all of them had access to firearms.

Pretty much any place people go out in public. 

You can even shoot a president, and congressmen and still not get gun safety laws passed. 

The United States Of Shooting Galleries should be our nation's name.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade FlatAssembler 764 26712 July 18, 2023 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Alec Baldwin Shooting onlinebiker 252 12176 August 17, 2022 at 9:28 am
  Grand Rapids Mi Shooting onlinebiker 111 6079 May 11, 2022 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  California about to be the first state to administer reparations!s Huggy Bear 77 3749 April 3, 2022 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Colorado shooting, 5 dead. brewer 0 289 December 28, 2021 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Performers Should Speak Up or Not Attend Saudi Music Festival WinterHold 9 582 December 15, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Oakland School Shooting onlinebiker 99 5796 December 7, 2021 at 8:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Columbus Police Shooting onlinebiker 43 2752 April 25, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  This from the California Tourism Board. Gawdzilla Sama 74 5331 September 21, 2020 at 12:19 pm
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2355 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu