Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My opinion on imigrants from Syria.
I originally didn't want to talk about this but I just feel the need to express my opinion. I just want to express my opinion on the imigration from Syria, I don't want to start an argument but please comment if you disagree with something.
Europe is obviously going through the biggest imigration crysis since the second world war. Alot of people oppose these immigrants from coming over to european countries with which I completely disagree with. I think that these people do not realise how lucky they are to live in a place without war and suffering. It actually makes me tear up when men, women and children from war torn syria are treated as if they aren't human. A good example of this is the camerawoman tripping up syrian refugees, I mean you can not like these refugees coming into your country but tripping a man up holding a child is just disgusting. Are those people suddenly not human?!
I think the main concern is that within the refugees are ISIS terrorists. Bullshit. ISIS is a very rich terrorist organisation who if they wanted to get terrorists to the west they could just send them to europe via plane or train. I think it's unfair on the families who are coming to europe seeking a better life to be labeled as terrorists and not being let in because of that. Personally, if I had some space in my house I would take in a family.
Just imagine this. You're living in UK and suddenly the UK governement backed up by the army opens fire at you and citizens. You have no police to report it to and you have no way of fighting back. You try to run but the whole place is patroled and guarded by armed gangs. The only thing you can do is escape to a different country where there is no war! This is what happens to people in Syria. They can either stay and get killed, join ISIS or leave the country.
So to finish off, I think people need to wise up, unite and help other humans in need.
Humanity's downfall is a trust in a God that isn't there.

The Acacia Strain-Our lady of perpetual sorrow
RE: My opinion on imigrants from Syria.
I agree completely. I think the US should be doing more to help.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
The problem is that this will cause political repercussions within the EU.  The right-wing parties were growing in many places even without this new influx.  I can see the EU coming apart over an inability to deal with this situation, which, sadly, they have caused by holding out the illusion that all these refugees have to do is get there and the government will take care of them.

A lot of people have drowned in the Med trying to make that crossing and winter is coming.  The sea will no longer be as calm.
(September 17, 2015 at 12:08 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I agree completely. I think the US should be doing more to help.

Well, according to Huckabee there's no need to help, since all these refugees are only coming here because we've got cable TV. Because I know I'd displace myself to a notoriously immigrant unfriendly country to get Starz. Rolleyes
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
America is sucking at helping out in this "crisis", too. I am ashamed of how my country is handling this. What, we have taken in like 800 refugees or something is all.

Our government acts like we do all this shit overseas to bring peace and democracy, to help and send aid during tragedy, but it is all a big, fat lie.

I cried, CRIED watching parents shove their children onto trains in the hopes that they might escape their war torn country. Sending your child to a foreign country, with total strangers, and having to stay behind...it's heart wrenching.

I would take a family, too, if I could. I really would.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(September 17, 2015 at 12:31 pm)Aroura Wrote: America is sucking at helping out in this "crisis", too.  I am ashamed of how my country is handling this.  What, we have taken in like 800 refugees or something is all.

Our government acts like we do all this shit overseas to bring peace and democracy, to help and send aid during tragedy, but it is all a big, fat lie.

I cried, CRIED watching parents shove their children onto trains in the hopes that they might escape their war torn country.  Sending your child to a foreign country, with total strangers, and having to stay behind...it's heart wrenching.

I would take a family, too, if I could.  I really would.

I haven't seen any of that. I can't. I have a problem with staying up at night thinking about all the animals/people who are suffering. It's very sad.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(September 17, 2015 at 12:02 pm)piterski123 Wrote: Europe is obviously going through the biggest imigration crysis since the second world war. Alot of people oppose these immigrants from coming over to european countries with which I completely disagree with.

Why should you get to decide if a country should take on people that they don't want?

Quote:I think that these people do not realise how lucky they are to live in a place without war and suffering.

They are lucky and they want to keep it that way.

Quote:Personally, if I had some space in my house I would take in a family.
You do have space. You just don't want to be inconvenienced by them.

Quote:Just imagine this. You're living in UK and suddenly the UK governement backed up by the army opens fire at you and citizens.
I would fire back.
Quote:You have no police to report it to and you have no way of fighting back.
I do have a way of fighting back.

Quote:You try to run but the whole place is patroled and guarded by armed gangs.

I would get out my sniper rifle and take them out. They wouldn't even know where I was to shoot back.

Quote:The only thing you can do is escape to a different country where there is no war!
I would hold my ground.

Quote:This is what happens to people in Syria. They can either stay and get killed, join ISIS or leave the country.

I would stay and kill ISIS.

Quote:So to finish off, I think people need to wise up, unite and help other humans in need.

You should start by taking some in. You can feed, clothe, and entertain them.
Is there any 'reasonable' explanation for the unusual demographics of the refugees ?

Huh
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Back off the Rambo fantasies, K.

Try eating a little less raw meat.
Lol at KUSA taking on the Syrian government with his sniper rifle. You're a badass, dude!

Unfortunately, your rifle won't be worth a pea shooter when they start dropping chemical weapons on you.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Donald Trump Is Pulling Out Of Syria BrianSoddingBoru4 52 3509 December 23, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Is Harassment of Public Figures Acceptable: Your Sincere Opinion Neo-Scholastic 294 36007 September 28, 2018 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  BREAKING: This is the 'most extensive Israeli Strike in Syria in Decades'. WinterHold 5 1041 May 11, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  President Trump To Strike Syria A Theist 39 3257 April 15, 2018 at 8:32 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  BREAKING:Trump Promises Strike on Syria and Warns Russia Against Backing Assad WinterHold 20 4182 April 14, 2018 at 10:21 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  What is happening in Syria? ErGingerbreadMandude 13 1670 March 5, 2018 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Apparently We Have Invaded Syria Minimalist 29 6220 January 21, 2018 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Your opinion of "mental defect" in law..... Brian37 9 1621 November 17, 2017 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  We may not be going into WW3 with Russia over Syria after all. Chad32 39 11716 July 16, 2017 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Breaking News: US Missile Strikes Against Military Targets Inside Syria A Theist 128 25846 April 17, 2017 at 2:01 am
Last Post: dyresand