Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:45 pm

Poll: Would you like to see a separate subforum for more serious discussions of theism and Christianity?
This poll is closed.
Yes.
8.00%
2 8.00%
No.
92.00%
23 92.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Serious Proposal
A Serious Proposal
Would it make sense for the forum to have a separate subforum for the discussion of apologetics, doctrine, pro and con arguments for theism and atheism, etc?

It seems that many non-Christian forum members have gotten quite upset that their "sanctuary" (from Latin sanctus - "holy") has been invaded from time to time by people who have come here to discuss ideas and evidence supporting Christianity. This spoils the fun for those who simply want to poke fun instead.

Perhaps creating a second subforum for the exclusive purpose of allowing theists and atheists to make their respective cases would make everyone happier.

Thoughts?
RE: A Serious Proposal
I think we already have a debate subforum. Under the philosophy section.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

LOL, You misunderstand, Chad.  Randys looking for some special place to post spam and non-response....not a debate.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 22, 2015 at 9:08 am)Chad32 Wrote: I think we already have a debate subforum. Under the philosophy section.

This is not about debate (which is more formal).

This is about having a place to post threads for discussion of various matters having to do with theism and atheism in a more serious manner.

Those who are not interested in that type of discussion could continue their usual banter in the "other" Christianity subforum.

Something for everyone.
Did you really need to pull this song and dance just to bitch about how people aren't taking you seriously? Was the last thread created for that same purpose not enough?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 22, 2015 at 9:14 am)Rhythm Wrote: LOL, You misunderstand, Chad.  Randys looking for some special place to post spam and non-response....not a debate.

To the contrary.

I'm looking for a place to chat with people who won't post the kind of crap you just posted.
Really, Randy? If you want to be taken seriously in your threads, present your own arguments in your own words (you can use links to support it but don't copy pasta the whole damn website), and try to make your points without being a condescending jerk. There are people here who will have serious discussions with you. You choose to focus only on the ones who won't, because your reason for being here isn't really to discuss anything. You just come to make a scene so you can run off and cry to your friends about how the big bad atheists were mean to you.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Fuck off. ^_^
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(September 22, 2015 at 9:16 am)Rhythm Wrote: Did you really need to pull this song and dance just to bitch about how people aren't taking you seriously?  Was the last thread created for that same purpose not enough?

I'm proposing an improvement that would enable some to have fun in one forum while those who want to discuss rational arguments for their respective positions can do so in relative calm elsewhere.
(September 22, 2015 at 9:17 am)Losty Wrote: Really, Randy? If you want to be taken seriously in your threads, present your own arguments in your own words (you can use links to support it but don't copy pasta the whole damn website), and try to make your points without being a condescending jerk. There are people here who will have serious discussions with you. You choose to focus only on the ones who won't, because your reason for being here isn't really to discuss anything. You just come to make a scene so you can run off and cry to your friends about how the big bad atheists were mean to you.

Is a separate subforum a good or bad idea?

Why?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There Has Been A Serious Infestation of Jesus Freaks Minimalist 97 40406 March 21, 2012 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Proposal for a pseudoscience forum Justtristo 11 3872 January 10, 2011 at 2:39 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Proposal for a new subforum under Discussion Anomalocaris 15 6885 October 20, 2010 at 1:48 am
Last Post: Shell B