Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Share This' Button for Atheist Forums
'Share This' Button for Atheist Forums
Someone needs to get into the Google Chrome API and find out how to make a 'Share This' button for the Atheist Forums. I see a lot of posts that are a copy paste of an URL address and a little note about the link. Having to copy a URL, go to the Forums, find the Forum you want to post in, click New Thread... is tedious. Someone should make a javascript bookmark as Google Reader did or a whole extension/addon for Firefox or Google Chrome.

Google Reader Example

Upon clicking Google Reader's javascript loaded bookmark while on the tab with The Bottom Feeder blog on an article about threats against copyright infringement, the above popup appears allowing me to share a snippet of http://jeff-vogel.blogspot.com/2010/04/y...-hell.html# and write a note on the topic.

I see the Share Popup Menu for Atheist Forums looking like this

i forgot to add an input box for the title of the post. oh well. I have no knowledge of javascript or any browser APIs.
RE: 'Share This' Button for Atheist Forums
i posted the javascript so that whoever knows javascript could maybe use it as a reference. whatever.
Yeah I know you did. I removed it since I know JavaScript and what you posted was specific to Google only.
(May 8, 2010 at 9:06 am)Tiberius Wrote: Yeah I know you did. I removed it since I know JavaScript and what you posted was specific to Google only.

oh alright. thanks. so are you going to make it?
http://atheistforums.com have a bar along the bottom of the page to handle theirs. I'm thinking of doing something similar.
It is called a javascript:// link with a whole bunch of method calls to some part of the posting API.

Fuck, it could be the normal "New Thread" link with most GET variables filled with a few Javascript here.page.whatever(); things.
(May 8, 2010 at 4:42 pm)Tiberius Wrote: http://atheistforums.com have a bar along the bottom of the page to handle theirs. I'm thinking of doing something similar.

The one thing you do not want to do is have your software emulate atheistforums.com. It's awful. The way that board software operates is the main reason I recommend this one to friends.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Other forums you belong to... arewethereyet 9 834 June 8, 2020 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Other forums just aren't the same Violet 18 1369 May 3, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Do you have friends who don’t share your political views? Losty 13 1764 November 19, 2018 at 12:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Atheist Forums Accent Tag! Round 2 Napoléon 845 122671 October 1, 2018 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  News So Good I Have to Share It Rhondazvous 6 1011 July 5, 2018 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Share your protocol for having a cold Catholic_Lady 67 5728 March 25, 2018 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  What's the funniest trolling you have seen on these forums? Garth 18 3203 March 23, 2018 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Will you share your food (serious question) ErGingerbreadMandude 39 5560 January 15, 2018 at 2:21 am
Last Post: DLJ
  Atheist and Christian Forums vulcanlogician 43 4758 January 4, 2018 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Christmas Traditions You Want to Share? Shell B 46 4476 December 20, 2017 at 3:44 am
Last Post: LadyForCamus