Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist Jokes
Atheist Jokes
Q: How many atheists does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Two. One to actually change the bulb, and the other to videotape the job so fundamentalists won’t claim that god did it.

Q: Why did the atheist cross the road?

A: He thought there might be a sidewalk on the other side, but he wouldn’t believe it until he tested his hypothesis.

A Christian, a Jew, and an atheist are standing in line to be executed during the French Revolution.

The Christian is first, and he lays down on the guillotine. Before the executioner pulls the lever he shouts, "My god will save me!" The lever is pulled, and the blade swooshes down, stopping just short of his neck. The executioner, believing a miracle of god has occurred, figures he can't kill this man, so he sets him free.

The Jew lays down on the guillotine. Like the Christian, he shouts, "My god will save me!" The lever is pulled, the blade falls, and once again, it stops just short of his neck. The executioner, again, believes god is on this man's side, and lets him go.

Finally, the atheist lays down on the guillotine. He examines the guillotine, finds a rock in the gears, and says to the executioner, "Well here's your problem..."

An atheist explorer in the deepest Amazon suddenly finds himself surrounded by a bloodthirsty group of natives. Upon surveying the situation, he says quietly to himself, "Oh God, I'm screwed." There is a ray of light from heaven and a voice booms out: "No, you are NOT screwed. Pick up that stone at your feet and bash in the head of the chief standing in front of you." The explorer picks up the stone and proceeds to bash the brains out of the chief. As he stands above the lifeless body, breathing heavily and surrounded by 100 natives with a look of shock on their faces, God’s voice booms out again: "Okay… NOW you're screwed!"

An atheist was walking through the woods one day in Alaska, admiring all that evolution had created. "What majestic trees! What a powerful river! What beautiful animals!" he said to himself. As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. Turning to look, he saw a 13-foot Kodiak brown bear beginning to charge towards him. He ran as fast as he could down the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was rapidly closing on him. Somehow, he ran even faster, so scared that tears came to his eyes. He looked again and the bear was even closer. His heart pounding in his chest, he tried to run faster yet, but alas, he tripped and fell to the ground. As he rolled over to pick himself up, the bear was right over him, reaching for him with its left paw and raising its right paw to strike him.

"OH MY GOD! ..."

Time stopped.

The bear froze.

The forest was silent.

Even the river stopped moving ...

As a brilliant light shone upon the man, a thunderous voice came from all around...

"YOU DENY MY EXISTENCE FOR ALL THESE YEARS, TEACH OTHERS THAT I DON'T EXIST AND EVEN CREDIT CREATION TO SOME COSMIC ACCIDENT. DO YOU EXPECT ME TO HELP YOU OUT OF THIS PREDICAMENT? AM I TO COUNT YOU AS A BELIEVER?"

Difficult as it was, the atheist looked directly into the light and said, "It would be hypocritical to ask to be a Christian after all these years, but perhaps you could make the bear a Christian?"

"VERY WELL." said God.

The light went out.

The river ran.

The sounds of the forest resumed.

... and the bear dropped down on his knees, brought both paws together, bowed his head and spoke: "Lord, thank you for this food which I am about to receive."
RE: Atheist Jokes
Literally LOLed just now. Thanks! Smile
I love friendly debate, but I love to stir the pot and play the devils advocate even more.
----------
"Always demand proof, proof is the elementary courtesy that is anyone's due." - Paul Valéry
----------
Ask me about atheism, vegetarianism, secular parenting, or anything else! http://formspring.me/chrisbloom7
Paul, that was awesome....Smile Truly L.O.L'ed.......
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
(May 10, 2010 at 9:24 am)Paul the Human Wrote: A Christian, a Jew, and an atheist are standing in line to be executed during the French Revolution.

The Christian is first, and he lays down on the guillotine. Before the executioner pulls the lever he shouts, "My god will save me!" The lever is pulled, and the blade swooshes down, stopping just short of his neck. The executioner, believing a miracle of god has occurred, figures he can't kill this man, so he sets him free.

The Jew lays down on the guillotine. Like the Christian, he shouts, "My god will save me!" The lever is pulled, the blade falls, and once again, it stops just short of his neck. The executioner, again, believes god is on this man's side, and lets him go.

Finally, the atheist lays down on the guillotine. He examines the guillotine, finds a rock in the gears, and says to the executioner, "Well here's your problem..."
Here is a story about a man who made the same mistake this atheist did:

There was a man who had complete faith that God would protect him no matter what happened.

The Weather Bureau predicted that the town he lived in would be flooded and the government sent out workers to warn everyone to evacuate. The man told the person who delivered the warning to him, "I have faith that God will protect me. I don't need to leave."

The flood came and water filled the first floor of the man's house and he had to flee to the second floor. As he was looking out the window some people came by in a boat and offered to take him to safety. He told them, "I have faith that God will protect me. I don't need your help."

The water rose and filled the second floor and the man was forced to climb up on the roof. A man in a helicopter saw him and offered to rescue him but he said, "I have faith that God will save me."

The water continued to rise and the man drowned. In Heaven he said to God, "I had faith that you would save me from the flood. Why did you fail me?" God replied, "But I didn't fail you. I sent you a warning so you could have left before the flood came, and when you stayed I sent a boat and a helicopter to rescue you."
His invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
Romans 1:20 ESV

I'd heard that one before, but it is a funny one! Heheh!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jokes you've pulled on friends... Brian37 51 3005 February 29, 2020 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Dad jokes? BrokenQuill92 13 1155 December 22, 2019 at 11:20 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Knock-knock jokes, atheist style. Reltzik 4 945 November 21, 2018 at 9:06 am
Last Post: polymath257
  Creationism Jokes ScienceAf 2 1413 August 19, 2016 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Fart Jokes - Historically Minimalist 7 1876 September 20, 2015 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Practical jokes Ashground 13 3490 August 4, 2015 at 10:17 am
Last Post: QuarkDriven
  Anybody know of any jokes that mock God? IanHulett 15 5136 July 17, 2015 at 4:57 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Racist jokes (just for good humor) DIRTY_DEEDS_93 79 14694 April 22, 2015 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  Islamic Jokes Forsaken 32 12116 January 30, 2015 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Jokes Phatt Matt s 18 4344 March 25, 2014 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Phatt Matt s