Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jokes you've pulled on friends...
Jokes you've pulled on friends...
Best one I ever pulled was on a passenger in my car, a long time ago. We had just left a friends house, and neither of us realized that friend was in the car behind us. Keep in mind if you are the driver, the rear view mirror is slanted to the driver, so the passenger cant always see what you see as a driver that is behind you. So we pull up to a traffic light, an we hear a loud honk behind us. Both of us were startled, I look in my rear view, saw it was our friend, looked over at my still startled passenger, and a split second thought "opportunity". 

So in that split second I raised my voice and said, "Who does that fucker think he is?" My passenger not knowing who was behind us, dropped his jaw, and mind you, I am a complete fucking wimp. My passenger was like, "What, Brian, let it go". I responded with with, "No, he's not going to get away with that".  Then I started to open my car door as if to imply I was going to start a fight with our friend behind us, and my passenger swung his left arm and grabbed my shirt/chest to pull me back in and shouted "NO!"

What was funny about it was I am a complete wimp, and for him to think I was going start a fight with a complete stranger was funny as shit.

Next best joke involves my current best friend Hillbilly Atheist, from Oklahoma, but at the time he lived in Denver.

So one night I Skype him and it turned out he was on Denver's public transit bus. So he has a hearing problem so he has the volume turned up high on his headphones. I took notice of the automated pre recorded voice that transit uses for stops. It was a very sexy female recording. So I started to make jokes about how I wanted to date the bus, and what I would do to the bus, and John(HB) was like "Dude, lower your voice, other people can hear you."
RE: Jokes you've pulled on friends...
The best are not pulled on friends - that you want to keep......

That's what co-workers are for.....
(February 28, 2020 at 1:07 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: The best are not pulled on friends - that you want to keep......

That's what co-workers are for.....

If you can't joke with friends then you are antisocial. But I still value a line if it is something you don't like, and you tell them to stop, and they dont, then that is when you cut them off. Good friends know where the line is.

And I've pulled jokes on my co workers too, people I like. I once took a big bowl of potato salad that a guy was working on, he left it on a prep table, walked out to go to the bathroom, and I hid it. He came back in and I watched him search the kitchen for 5 minutes.
Sure, usually when I'm with a group of people, and there is a toddler around, I just start farting, so that whole place stinks like shit, and then the parents of the toddler get embarrassed because everyone thinks their kid filled the diapers. And they go like "Melissa, you should have really checked Cedrick's diapers before we got out of the house."
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
It's a matter of scale.

A good prank should instill primal fear in your victim without actually endangering life or property.

You just stick to whoopie cushions and leave the serious pranking to professionals....
My favourite practical jokes are the ones that backfire and cause grievous bodily injury to the prankster.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Mom's youngest sister (Ruth) came up to Indiana from Missouri to "babysit" (husband hunting) and found one, aka "Max". Max was building a house and living in a trailer on the grounds when they got married, but did have water hooked up to it. There was a portable toilet right outside the door to the trailer. It got very drunk outside that night after the wedding and the relatives pour the newlyweds into their bed at the trailer. Then Max's five brothers hooked the trailer up to a tractor and towed it to downtown Alexandria, Indiana, pop. <5,000. The town was having a "sidewalk days" event and the streets through town were blocked off.

The fun part was when Max got up to go to the toilet the next morning. Who knew newlyweds slept naked?
(February 28, 2020 at 1:33 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Mom's youngest sister (Ruth) came up to Indiana from Missouri to "babysit" (husband hunting) and found one, aka "Max". Max was building a house and living in a trailer on the grounds when they got married, but did have water hooked up to it. There was a portable toilet right outside the door to the trailer. It got very drunk outside that night after the wedding and the relatives pour the newlyweds into their bed at the trailer. Then Max's five brothers hooked the trailer up to a tractor and towed it to downtown Alexandria, Indiana, pop. <5,000. The town was having a "sidewalk days" event and the streets through town were blocked off.

The fun part was when Max got up to go to the toilet the next morning. Who knew newlyweds slept naked?

I don't get it. Are you saying they moved the trailer knowing the couple was drunk and one of them woke up to try to go to the bathroom and walked outside?
I’ve never seen the point of practical jokes. The whole point of them seems to be to cause humiliation (or at least discomfort) to other people.  What’s funny about that?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 28, 2020 at 1:53 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I’ve never seen the point of practical jokes. The whole point of them seems to be to cause humiliation (or at least discomfort) to other people.  What’s funny about that?

Boru

Huge difference between friendly teasing and bullying.

Bullying is when people who don't like you pull down your pants on the HS field when you are in gym. Yes that happened to me.

Friendly teasing is when you pick up your friend at a hotel (HB) to pick him up on a holiday trip, and he opens  the door and he is shirtless with a scary old man halloween mask on to startle you.

Jokes are fine when everyone knows the other who pulls one on you isn't trying to hurt you. Bullying is when the person doesn't like you and wants to humiliate you in a harmful context.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dad jokes? BrokenQuill92 13 1160 December 22, 2019 at 11:20 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Knock-knock jokes, atheist style. Reltzik 4 949 November 21, 2018 at 9:06 am
Last Post: polymath257
  Creationism Jokes ScienceAf 2 1417 August 19, 2016 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Fart Jokes - Historically Minimalist 7 1878 September 20, 2015 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Practical jokes Ashground 13 3495 August 4, 2015 at 10:17 am
Last Post: QuarkDriven
  Anybody know of any jokes that mock God? IanHulett 15 5151 July 17, 2015 at 4:57 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Racist jokes (just for good humor) DIRTY_DEEDS_93 79 14811 April 22, 2015 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  Islamic Jokes Forsaken 32 12126 January 30, 2015 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Jokes Phatt Matt s 18 4355 March 25, 2014 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  Shit my friends say BrokenQuill92 5 1326 January 30, 2014 at 8:18 am
Last Post: No_God