Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr David Evans claims new climate change discovery
Dr David Evans claims new climate change discovery
“Yes, CO2 has an effect, but it’s about a fifth or tenth of what the IPCC says it is. CO2 is not driving the climate; it caused less than 20 per cent of the global warming in the last few decades” - Dr. David Evens.

SOURCE: Miranda Devine, PerthNow.

For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
RE: Dr David Evans claims new climate change discovery
- Boasts with # of degrees

- Talks about the alleged global warming hiatus since '98

- Claims that the entire community got something fundamental wrong

- Promotes a super populist position

I call BS and wait for peer review.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

- Journalist mentions his degrees not Dr Evans (watch his video, do you hear him "boasting" about them there?)

- No mention of GW hiatus since 1998.

- What about Miasma theory? What about Blank-Slate theory? Eugenics was once scientific consensus too.

- What?

I agree to wait for peer-review, however the claim he made is very strong and we should wake up and take notice now.

Note he was a climate modeller until 2010 and is well qualified to question the science, particularly the science that pertains to his mathematical qualifications.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
While his combination of qualification and position is a tiny minority amongst profession scientists, there are still quite a large number similar combinations in the absolute sense. If I have to wake up and take notice of each one of those, I would get so little sleep I would be prepared to take creationism seriously at the end of the day.
Evans has been claiming low sensitivity for at least the last 10 years. Meanwhile... It's still getting hotter.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
It would be good if he was right because it would buy us more time (which would then get wasted again) but it would just be kicking the can down the road. Human society will continue to grow and consume until it is no longer able to do so.
(October 5, 2015 at 7:44 am)Chuck Wrote: While his combination of qualification and position is a tiny minority amongst profession scientists, there are still quite a large number similar combinations in the absolute sense.   If I have to wake up and take notice of each one of those, I would get so little sleep I would be prepared to take creationism seriously at the end of the day.

Oh look Chuck, anyone who challenges the established scientific theory is viewed as a crackpot - think Semmelweis for example. The interesting thing about Semmelweis that people often ignore is that he didn't instruct hist students to wash their hands - they already did that. He specifically said soap and water was not good enough to remove the (invisible) cadaverous particles that he hypothesised were poisoning patients in the maternity ward, and that the medical students needed to wash their hands with a chlorinated lime solution instead!! I'll bet you don't wash your hands in chlorinated-lime, Chuck. It was around 30 years until germ theory was developed and accepted, and even then I can point you to scientific peer-review papers that urge the need for caution when assuming generalisability (applying to other medical conditions what has been 'proven only of some'). We look back on them now - and most people see a one-sided point of view that shows the scientific establishment resisting change. OF COURSE THEY RESIST CHANGE! That's what they're supposed to do. But challengers are supposed to be able to present evidence that can advance science - science only advances through falsification.

"His discovery explains why none of the climate models used by the IPCC reflect the evidence of recorded temperatures. The models have failed to predict the pause in global warming which has been going on for 18 years and counting."
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Even if he is right just under 20 percent of global warming in the last few decades isn't exactly something to be sniffed at.
If I get hit by a car that was going 20 percent faster than it usually would that could mean the difference between me being roadkill or me dragging him out of the car and beating his ass dow- I mean, exchanging insurance details.

Either way, if his results are proven right the reaction will be to up CO2 consumption and with the other factors "beyond our control" there will be little done to combat climate change. Honestly, a unified world government is needed to combat shit like this. The rate at which we are advancing is frankly embarrassing.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
20% of 0.7 degrees is?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Death Claims Another Foxaèr 11 505 February 23, 2024 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Palestinian Man’s Lawyers Say Israeli Police Marked Him With Star of David WinterHold 8 666 August 23, 2023 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Principal forced to resign over Michelangelo's David visits sculpture zebo-the-fat 11 876 April 30, 2023 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  jizkiahu ben david (I told you so..) Drich 28 3012 April 11, 2021 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Good News for a Change. onlinebiker 6 364 February 7, 2021 at 11:52 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Hail To A Name change..... Sports/NFL Brian37 44 1636 July 13, 2020 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING: China's communist party wants to change the internet protocols WinterHold 32 2180 April 2, 2020 at 8:33 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  CNN- UN expert recommends Kushner change his phone after suspected Saudi hack WinterHold 1 530 January 25, 2020 at 6:04 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump sabotaging climate science (again). Jehanne 15 910 May 30, 2019 at 2:52 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Donald Trump shuts down EPA's climate change website. Jehanne 6 836 November 4, 2018 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: Joods