Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sounds to Me Like God Said
Sounds to Me Like God Said
"Go fuck yourself, sweetie."

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/oklahoma...-coverage/

Quote:Oklahoma woman diagnosed with brain tumor the same day she loses her health coverage

Quote:Vaughan says her faith is sustaining her through the fear.

“I know that God’s on my side and so he’s let me know that it’s going to be ok and that he’s got this,” she said.

God ain't got shit.
RE: Sounds to Me Like God Said
I bet she didn't pay the church god insurance! That's why he couldn't fast trak her!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
The mafia at least has the decency to call it "protection."
(October 6, 2015 at 8:13 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The mafia at least has the decency to call it "protection."

Then there is god who is like if you worship me ill protect you from what i am about to do to you.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Get Benny Hinn!
(October 6, 2015 at 9:35 pm)dyresand Wrote:
(October 6, 2015 at 8:13 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The mafia at least has the decency to call it "protection."

Then there is god who is like if you worship me ill protect you from what i am about to do to you.

At least the mob lives up to its part of the bargain.
Be certain that God will get the glory, regardless of the outcome.

If enough funds are raised to pay for her surgery, then He's "made a way."
If she withers and drops dead 2 months from now, the good Lord's released her and is "calling her home".
For any and all other possible outcomes, see: Testing of Strength and Part of the Plan/His Will/ Mysterious Ways.

See how easy brain cancer is when you just believe?
(October 7, 2015 at 12:03 am)Thena323 Wrote: Be certain that God will get the glory, regardless of the outcome.

If she withers and drops dead 2 months from now, the good Lord's released her and is "calling her home".
For any and all other possible outcomes, see: Testing of Strength and Part of the Plan/His Will/ Mysterious Ways.

I get you're unhappy about this. But there's nothing wrong with it.
(October 7, 2015 at 12:07 am)Delicate Wrote:
(October 7, 2015 at 12:03 am)Thena323 Wrote: Be certain that God will get the glory, regardless of the outcome.

I get you're unhappy about this. But there's nothing wrong with it.
You're correct, I'm unhappy to hear that anyone has brain cancer.

There may be nothing wrong with the line of thinking I demonstrated, as far as this woman is concerned. I'm sure it gives her a degree of comfort and eases her anxiety to some degree.

However, it becomes an extremely dangerous and detrimental way of thinking, if and when faith and prayer preclude anyone from seeking actual solutions. 

There is something wrong with that.
(October 7, 2015 at 12:30 am)Thena323 Wrote:
(October 7, 2015 at 12:07 am)Delicate Wrote: I get you're unhappy about this. But there's nothing wrong with it.
You're correct, I'm unhappy to hear that anyone has brain cancer.

There may be nothing wrong with the line of thinking I demonstrated, as far as this woman is concerned. I'm sure it gives her a degree of comfort and eases her anxiety to some degree.

However, it becomes an extremely dangerous and detrimental way of thinking, if and when faith and prayer preclude anyone from seeking actual solutions. 

There is something wrong with that.

We're making a lot of unjustified assumptions about her thought process here. We have no evidence she didn't seek treatment.

If someone does seek treatment and has such a view, you ought to have nothing to worry about.

In fact, even if someone doesn't seek treatment, as long as they are an adult and decide not to seek treatment, I don't think you're in a position to criticize them because people have the right to do what they want with their life.

So I'm not seeing a basis for your disapproval either way.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True YahwehIsTheWay 17 2584 December 5, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  And God Said Minimalist 24 3493 October 20, 2017 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3075 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hi, I would like to tell you about Jesus Christ, the only way to God JacquelineDeane55 78 20936 June 10, 2017 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Could God's creation be like His omniscience? Whateverist 19 5979 May 18, 2017 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 9293 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  God said People who have Flat Noses Canot Serve Him Rhondazvous 177 20491 May 3, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  So what do you Christians like about your god belief/religion? Whateverist 44 9939 November 14, 2015 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  do you remember that guy who said the rapture was coming? atheist04330 11 3431 July 12, 2014 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  What Christianity Ultimately Sounds Like To Me Jenny A 23 3682 June 29, 2014 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: ThomM