Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An AFO short story: An Evening with Protesters
This is a branch-off idea of the never ending story. The same 3 word rule applies, but this is intended to be much more structured and much more... endy.

The OP will set the scene, the genre, the title, and provide a list of characters that can be drawn from. I'm not against adding characters on the fly, especially if it makes sense; however, there won't be a way to edit the OP to include the character, so remembering that the character exists might get tricky.

So let's see how this goes!

Scene:
It's 1995. A woman is running late for her doctors appointment. Waiting outside the clinic are 12 angry theists. They want to let her know exactly what they think of abortions...

Characters:
Emily- woman running late.
Bill- Emily's boyfriend, would be father.
Heather- Emily's mother.

Dr. Erica Stevens

Anti-abortion Picketers:
1. Mary-Ann
2. Charles
3. Grace
4. Samantha
5. Nancy
6. Blank
7. Blank
8. Blank
9. Blank
10. Blank
11. Blank
12. Blank
(Feel free to create characters with these blank spots)

Police Officer #1- Edwards
Police Officers #2 Gomez

I don't feel I should give a genre. Just see where it goes.

Emily opens her

Edit: I should probably also clarify that because of the nature of this, nobody can tell where the story will go, so not all characters have to be used.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
RE: An AFO short story: An Evening with Protesters
purse to look
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
for her rosary.

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Not finding it,
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
(October 12, 2015 at 11:43 am)lkingpinl Wrote: purse to look

Hey man, Eddie Munster wants his hairdo back.
(October 12, 2015 at 11:54 am)KUSA Wrote:
(October 12, 2015 at 11:43 am)lkingpinl Wrote: purse to look

Hey man, Eddie Munster wants his hairdo back.

How long were you sitting on that one? Were you just waiting to use it to derail a thread?

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(October 12, 2015 at 11:54 am)lkingpinl Wrote: Not finding it,

she feels dread

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
at the prospect
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
of facing the

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
megaphone-wielding picketers
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Never ending story: add 3 words! robvalue 9620 520710 August 21, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  Ten Short Years Foxaèr 6 699 March 15, 2023 at 11:29 am
Last Post: brewer
  [Serious] A true Christmas story. Jehanne 6 847 December 19, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The story of Midas makes no sense Foxaèr 13 1149 April 27, 2022 at 11:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1167 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Skins vs plastic, a loaded potato story. Brian37 40 2264 December 30, 2020 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A story Apollo 2 411 November 22, 2020 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Another story from the "Dumbass" files, me. Brian37 63 2961 October 27, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Sal
  The one sentence story, #1. Gawdzilla Sama 12 780 September 20, 2018 at 4:40 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Phew! And another south of the boarder story. Brian37 3 557 July 19, 2018 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Brian37