Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Big Bang Theory
The Big Bang Theory
I'd like some one to do some exlaining of it to me, please. I'd look information up, but I trust you guys to know a lot more about it than the general internet, and to be able to explain it in a much better way to me.

From what I gather, the theory goes that there was some kind of tiny singuarity, where all matter was contained in one point as one thing, and was bunched into such white-hot density that it had to expode, or something...I could be wrong, though.

So, correct me if I am! I'll have questions for afterwards, because I'm pretty sure I'm on to something...:p
RE: The Big Bang Theory
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyCkADmNd...re=related

Be my guest.

Take notes.
(May 19, 2010 at 9:26 pm)Watson Wrote: I'd like some one to do some exlaining of it to me, please. I'd look information up, but I trust you guys to know a lot more about it than the general internet, and to be able to explain it in a much better way to me.

From what I gather, the theory goes that there was some kind of tiny singuarity, where all matter was contained in one point as one thing, and was bunched into such white-hot density that it had to expode, or something...I could be wrong, though.

So, correct me if I am! I'll have questions for afterwards, because I'm pretty sure I'm on to something...:p

Here's a tip. Open a book on the topic and start reading instead of asking people to spoonfeed it to you.
I get it, tav, you're being ironic!

Thank you, Min, I might take you up on the notes thing. Tongue That was rather interesting to watch.
(May 20, 2010 at 8:21 pm)Watson Wrote: I get it, tav, you're being ironic!

Thank you, Min, I might take you up on the notes thing. Tongue That was rather interesting to watch.

Ironic's not the word to use.

Here's an even better video that explains all of the first video in detail. I've watched it twice and it never ceases to amaze.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ImvlS8PLIo
(May 20, 2010 at 8:21 pm)Watson Wrote: I get it, tav, you're being ironic!

De nada.

(Beats a friggin' sermon, eh?)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What does God have in common with String Theory? LinuxGal 2 762 December 30, 2022 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Did the Big Bang happen? JairCrawford 50 3704 May 18, 2022 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Just When I Thought I Understood the Big Bang Rhondazvous 19 2523 January 23, 2018 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  If the Universe Collapses Because of a False Vacuum, Won't There Just be Another Big Rhondazvous 11 2474 November 8, 2017 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Big Bang and QM bennyboy 1 615 September 10, 2017 at 4:17 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  How big is the universe? Rhondazvous 77 11872 August 1, 2017 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Teaching the Big bang theory to Preschoolers GeorgiasTelescope 5 1596 June 24, 2017 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  I wrote the first book to teach the Big Bang theory to Preschoolers! GeorgiasTelescope 0 653 June 12, 2017 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: GeorgiasTelescope
  When and Where did the Atomic Theory Come From? Rhondazvous 29 9289 May 13, 2017 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  I have a layman's theory about quantum physics "spookiness" Won2blv 15 2712 March 5, 2017 at 11:15 am
Last Post: Won2blv