Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
welcome JBrentonK!
welcome JBrentonK!
Hello atheistforums FSM Grin A freshly awakened christian here coming to atheist forums with the hope of learning a little more about myself as well as atheism in general. I take it that is not too rare at this website, since there can be a lot of hate of christians coming from atheists, and there is even more hate than expected! But no I just hope to gain a wider perspective of the reasons why people can claim atheism as a valued religion. I just simply do not understand it. I can get the fact that atheism is not a religion in the first place, but the reason why people actually choose to devote to atheism is something I just totally did not get. As a child (male) I had a problem accepting God and decided that the whole thing seemed rather childish so I devoted to atheism immediately. After a longhaul of 25 years or so of atheism I finally decided to start accepting God.

I recognized it was best that I put my 2 cents in, and my God how my perspective changed on atheists. If all they are is animals without the characteristic of "rational" I may as well join the atheist forums and see what really it is these so called "atheists" are all about. You can be an animal all you like, just not when people are judging you as rational for the behavior that you don't take responsibility for.

Many a "intellectual atheist" would proclaim that their life is not capable of being judged by a theist. My how wrong they were.

Well that's just what I have to say. My 2 cents if you will. Lightbulb 

Just if you would, explain yourself freely to me. It's not about being open minded or anything. It's about charity? No? Just kidding. Well maybe it is about something. I'll just let you decide.

-Brent
RE: welcome JBrentonK!
It's quite simple. The essence of proximity which is inherent in the god-entity which is, by fiat, proclaimed to transform the materialistic causal web into a transcendent system of relationships, thus elevating it to a conscious-reality which is inaccessible to the modal approach to thinking precisely for this reason, quite clearly indicates that theism is only a consistent position to the extent to which its basis in bimodality can be justified as the defining characteristic of the atheist framework.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Welcome Brent. Let's start with the intro first.

If you want ask some specific questions, please feel free to start a thread in the appropriate Subforum. Mods don't like to mediate the intro forum Smile

There are not many of us theists around, but there are a great deal of intelligent people from all walks of life and parts of the world here who will be glad to "discuss" these topics with you. Some more harshly then others. Don't take it personally, keep an open mind, respect everyone and you will find your time here worthwhile.
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
Moderator Notice
Preemptive speedbump- please read the forum rules about the Intro forum. This is a place for welcomes and introductions, not for debate. If you would like to discuss the points in your OP, I suggest you start a thread elsewhere on the forum. Thank you.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Yeah, whut da fizzusist said.

And welcome, JB.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Welcome.

Nice judgemental intro.

I can only speak for myself. The hate of christians is incorrect. The hate of having god/religion constantly, forcibly intruded into my life by christians (and other religions) is correct.

Next, being an atheist is not a religion. As to being devoted to being atheist, it's better than being devoted to a fairy tale creature.

Are you saying that we are "animals without the characteristic of "rational""? You're going to have to defend that statement I'm afraid. Please give examples.

And that " You can be an animal all you like, just not when people are judging you as rational for the behavior that you don't take responsibility for." Again, this statement is going to need some defending and examples.

As a theist you can judge me all you want and I will judge you the same. Start proclaiming your judgements.

As this is your intro I believe the initial "explaining" falls to you.

This should be, at the least, interesting. At the most nauseating, tired and boring.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Sorry Mod. With that into couldn't help myself.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
First up, welcome.

And yes, there are atheists who are immediately hostile to theists, just as there are theists who are immediately hostile to atheists or theists of a different belief system.

Here, it tends to be how and who you interact with

My general opinion on interaction with theists are:

- Don't patronise and don't make assumptions about us
- Don't prosletyse
Dying to live, living to die.
to mh.brewer (and all the other kind and wonderful posters)

I'll stick with the above posters and choose to remain in the forum rules where this is an introductory thread. I appericiate you calling my post judgemental, but nevertheless, we'll leave the debate for other sub-forums. What's going to be interesting though is my thoughts on your atheism. For example, in your post you claim what I stated is going to needing defending and backing up. Sadly in any debate that statement does not need defending or backing up, and you can fall right out of the sky trying to disprove that, but you will fail.

Sadly that is a fact mh.brewer. But just listen carefully. There are theists, and this is also in response to the other kind posters, and then there are non theists, and then there are atheists. Each position is a judgement upon Gods belief. You either choose to accept one or the other but you must accept one. That is what I read is the true defination of religion. To have a viewpoint. I discussed this at sciforums.com and I may be incorrect but A viewpoint must exist. I know even this example fails utterly to reitterate what is the essense of religion. But this is also my belief.

Nevertheless you are either an atheist, an agnostic, or a theist. If you are an atheist you cannot accept the sentence I wrote to you. And now you have proof of the "rationaless" existence in the universe, linguistic proof at least. The question is are you one of the rationless existences.

Are you simply not willing to accept what I stated? And to the second poster, no sadly, most atheists hide under covers and are afraid to take their masks off.
(October 13, 2015 at 5:09 pm)JBrentonK Wrote: since there can be a lot of hate of christians coming from atheists

Tell us more about how persecuted you guys are for your beliefs...

For real, must be something that really gets you guys down. Atheists are such assholes aren't they? Always giving their opinions when it's not warranted. Trying to dictate to my kids what should be taught in school. I've heard there's even groups of atheists out there who go around picketing funerals of dead soldiers. What a sorry bunch. Christians really get a tough time, and for that I'm truly sorry. They can't even judge their own kids anymore for being gay. They can't have their own marriages anymore without it being tarnished with this same homo bullshit. I've even heard of some atheist parents disowning their own kids for being Christian. 

What a world we live in.

Oh well. Welcome. I guess you'll find some shelter from the hateful atheists here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Welcome Assholes. fattychan 19 2839 May 27, 2015 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
Big Grin A Warm Welcome to All of You learncritic 19 3645 May 27, 2015 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
Wink Welcome to My World FrederickSebastian 5 1020 April 4, 2015 at 5:20 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Welcome RonaldReagansGhost666 13 1465 December 23, 2014 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Kitty Galore
  Welcome! Richzx6r 6 1089 December 23, 2014 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  WELCOME MY FELLOW CARDERS m3th0d 5 1517 April 13, 2014 at 7:58 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Welcome everyone! Eio 20 4575 August 6, 2013 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Warm welcome Koolay 12 2678 June 30, 2013 at 10:32 pm