Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion continues to sink
Religion continues to sink
even in 'Murrica.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/young-am...actor-pew/

Quote:Young Americans are becoming less religious — and anti-science, anti-gay rhetoric may be a factor: Pew

Quote:“The idea of Republicans not believing in global warming is contributing to the notion that religious people are not intelligent,” O’Neill said.

Doubtlessly one factor... waving that stupid fucking bible around doesn't help, either.
RE: Religion continues to sink
Christians are acknowledging these trends, only they're writing it off as "a sign of the end times". It couldn't have anything to do with the fact that more people are waking up, realizing that the religious leanings of their parents and grandparents are bullocks, and deciding to just be decent people without the crutch of religion. Nope, it's definitely a sign for them to "keep looking up!"
It's a sign of their "end," all right.
#This is the dawning of the Age of Aquariuuuuuuuuuus# etc etc
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
I'm curious to see how long it's going to take until the U.S. reaches the same levels of religiosity that currently exist in many European countries. Hopefully it's not going to take decades. Tongue
It's sinking?

Quick, throw it a brick!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I love those Pew polls.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(November 3, 2015 at 2:03 pm)Ludwig Wrote: I'm curious to see how long it's going to take until the U.S. reaches the same levels of religiosity that currently exist in many European countries. Hopefully it's not going to take decades. Tongue

I'm curious to see how much more strident and petulant U.S. Christians will become as their numbers and influence wane.
Anyway, of course it's sinking. You seen how many holes the damn thing's got?? Tongue
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(November 3, 2015 at 2:29 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:
(November 3, 2015 at 2:03 pm)Ludwig Wrote: I'm curious to see how long it's going to take until the U.S. reaches the same levels of religiosity that currently exist in many European countries. Hopefully it's not going to take decades. Tongue

I'm curious to see how much more strident and petulant U.S. Christians will become as their numbers and influence wane.

⇧ This. I suspect the majority will slowly and grudgingly accept their loss of influence but the hardcore will become more extreme. This is also playing out with white males in the US as that portion of the population continues to dwindle http://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census...5-1143.pdf

Already the volume of the rhetoric on how xtians are persecuted seems to me to increase every year.

Power is seldom given up without a fight.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10699 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4894 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19759 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 49205 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  Why is Tyre Still Here When God Said it Would Sink Under the Waves? Lemonvariable72 116 35842 September 27, 2013 at 7:46 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Religion Vs Religion. Bull Poopie 14 5179 September 8, 2010 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused