Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This video really annoys me for some reason
This video really annoys me for some reason
Okay so DawahMan (Imran Ibn Mansour) was in Dubai but what does he chose to complain about? Not the evil Kafalah System (the slavery), or the high numbers of slaves dying on contruction projects in the Gulf, or the obvious lack of refugees U.A.E. is taking. No. He chose to lament about Arabs that go to night clubs in Dubai, with lots of fake crying (Imran loves designer clothes, etc and living the high life - at your expense). I just had to remind people how much of a nincompoop Imran is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERX7XQvRXR4

RE: This video really annoys me for some reason
Hehehehe....nincompoop
Kind of like how some americans will complain about the gays, and abortions, when we have so many other pressing problems to deal with in our country. Who has time to moan about gays wanting to get married when we have politicians talking about cutting safety net programs and education spending in order to fund an already bloated military budget?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Sounds like a first stone caster.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 20, 2015 at 2:11 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Kind of like how some americans will complain about the gays, and abortions, when we have so many other pressing problems to deal with in our country. Who has time to moan about gays wanting to get married when we have politicians talking about cutting safety net programs and education spending in order to fund an already bloated military budget?

That's exactly what I was thinking. Americans are kept stupid by entities such as Fox New, for example, and there are clearly more pressing issues to be worried about than who can get married. Perhaps Americans will realize the value of education when they can no longer find people with the skills required to design and manufacture their military hardware?

Some people laugh at the idea of free college. As if spending taxpayer money to ensure everyone gets a higher level education shouldn't be one of the best things a country can do. the only reason I see against it is that educated people are harder for the elite to control. Religion is a good example of that. One people learn to read, and use critical thinking skills, and find out how the world really works, they're likely to think holy books are rather silly. God forbid too many people get educated, or they may be reminded that the "ruling elite" are supposed to be public servants.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I'm thinking 'hyper vigilance' about one matter (or a few) of dogma is compensation for knowingly and willingly fucking up other issues.

For example, Westboro has a corn cob up their asses about homosexuality (and divorce a little) but they are otherwise extremely lax about women addressing men about religion, mixed fabrics, dietary law, handling serpents, and I could go on for quite a while.

Don't ever mistake Westboro members for Literalists, they are not Literalist and are far closer to Methodists, Catholics, Baptists, Unitarians, etal than they are to anything God (if He existed) would find pleasing as an example of even minimal fealty to His Word.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Videos like this anger me to no end.

Islam has cursed my race. I fear that even if I ever flee my arab country to a secular country that represents my views, I will still be hated for being associated to this demonic religion because of videos like this. I have even heard rumor that speaking arabic on a public transportation now causes panic in western countries.

Being an Arab is a race and not a religion. People should be very vigilant not to confuse the 2. You can choose your beliefs, you cannot choose where you are born or your skin color.
(November 23, 2015 at 1:07 pm)mr_j936 Wrote: Videos like this anger me to no end.

Islam has cursed my race. I fear that even if I ever flee my arab country to a secular country that represents my views, I will still be hated for being associated to this demonic religion because of videos like this. I have even heard rumor that speaking arabic on a public transportation now causes panic in western countries.

Being an Arab is a race and not a religion. People should be very vigilant not to confuse the 2. You can choose your beliefs, you cannot choose where you are born or your skin color.

Very well said and completely true.  I do feel bad for those of Arab descent, because while sad it is also true that even being of Arab descent now is holding this unfortunate stigma of people being very uncomfortable or suspicious of you.  

I live very close to Dearborn, MI which has the highest population in the U.S. of Muslims and those of Arab descent.  So around here, because Arab's are so common place and entrenched in our communities you don't really see this stigma much, but I'm sure in other places in the U.S. where you don't see many Arab's they may cause some uneasiness, which is unfortunate, but I suppose understood.
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
I guess the millions of Christians from Arab majority countries would rather speak Armenian, Aramaic or Coptic then. Not that a low intelligence racist, because, let's face it, most racists are low intelligence, would be able to tell the difference. I don't think it matters what language is spoken, because if it's not of the majority/official language there will always be stigma.

Arab culture has so much to offer us yet it is little explored. To be clear, the strict Madhhab exported by Saudi via the likes of DawahMan and other is hardly representative. The rise of the cultural hegemony of al-Saud in the West should be treated no differently to the rise of neo-Nazism. The "us and them narrative" perpetuated by the likes of DawahMan is what causes the first domino to fall in the (I would say) short chain that leads people to sympathize with DEASH, and, perhaps ultimately, join them. Of course, when I hear stories of United States drone operates using terms like "fun-size terrorists" to describe children I can certainly understand why some might be driven to despair. Mala told Obama to his face "no more drones please" (it creates more terrorists than it kills; something like 90% of drone strikes miss intended targets according to official statistics) but he did not listen to her.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One reason among many, the world needs Ahlulbayt (as). Mystic 23 3502 April 23, 2018 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: WinterHold