Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Nostalgic Video Games
Top 10 Nostalgic Video Games
I'll just name them, in no particular order.

Super Mario Brothers - The very first video game I ever played, when I was 2 or 3, and it was in the early to mid 90's (I was born in 1992.)
Sonic The Hedgehog - This came in like a 6 pack Sega game that my grandparents got us in the mid to late 90's. I loved it to hell.
Jungle Strike - Played this in the early 2000's on that old Sega, still remember not doing the missions and destroying Washington DC.
Sonic & Knuckles - I remember playing this on the Sega in the mid 2000's, when I was in the 3rd grade. I never beat it, but did make it far.
Duke Nukem 3D - Now this is a game that I fanboy even to this day. I remember being 6 years old and killing pigs with my shotgun. 
Super Mario 64 - This game kept me occupied for hours when I was in the 2nd grade. Just recently beat it with 120 stars via emulator on muh phone.
James Bond Goldeneye - Another N64 classic that kept me entertained for hours, both the multiplayer and story mode, messing with the cheats, it was awesome.
Roller Coaster Tycoon - Who doesn't love a good god game? I played this for hours in the 5th grade, building epic rides and drowning people.
GTA San Andreas - Yea, games I played in the 9th grade seem a bit too new, but the memories I have of and revolving around that game give me that feelz.
Star Wars Episode 1: Obi-Wan's Adventure - The most memorable game I have ever played on a Gameboy, back in the 4th grade.
RE: Top 10 Nostalgic Video Games
I don't have a top 10, but I'll just leave this here:

[Image: Star_Wars_Episode_III_cover.png]
Just two come to mind for me: Defender and Archon.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(November 25, 2015 at 3:19 pm)Napoléon Wrote: I don't have a top 10, but I'll just leave this here:

[Image: Star_Wars_Episode_III_cover.png]

I have that on DS, but it ain't really nostalgic. Also played the console version. It was m'eh.
(November 25, 2015 at 3:24 pm)Mechaghostman2 Wrote: I have that on DS, but it ain't really nostalgic. Also played the console version. It was m'eh.

Well you may as well just leave this forum now because we are most likely not going to get along.
Any love for Myst?

I still have an original Worms CD which runs on DOS too.
(November 25, 2015 at 3:26 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(November 25, 2015 at 3:24 pm)Mechaghostman2 Wrote: I have that on DS, but it ain't really nostalgic. Also played the console version. It was m'eh.

Well you may as well just leave this forum now because we are most likely not going to get along.

I was more of a Rogue Squadron and Republic Commando and Knights Of The Old Republic and Empire At War kinda guy when it came to Star Wars games.
I love that Duke Nukem 3D made your list. I'm not sure that game gets the love it deserves.

Metroid has to be the game I feel most nostalgic towards. It was such a great game and the first I got for my NES besides the Super Mario Bros. that came with it.
(November 25, 2015 at 3:31 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I love that Duke Nukem 3D made your list.  I'm not sure that game gets the love it deserves.

Metroid has to be the game I feel most nostalgic towards.  It was such a great game and the first I got for my NES besides the Super Mario Bros. that came with it.

I never got into Metroid until I played Matroid Prime in my mid teens. I beat Super Metroid via emulator last year and have the NES and GBC Metroid games on my DS R4 card via emulator. They play nicely, but have no map so it's frustrating. Metroit Prime Hunters is also a fun game.
(November 25, 2015 at 3:29 pm)Mechaghostman2 Wrote: Republic Commando and Knights Of The Old Republic

Yeah I'll give you that. I still play KotOR so it isn't really nostalgic for me I guess.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upcoming games you want to play Foxaèr 13 2132 October 6, 2022 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  What are your top 5 video games of all time? T0 Th3 M4X 80 8752 May 22, 2022 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: emjay
  I sucked at video games. Brian37 16 3125 July 18, 2021 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The issue with Match-3 games Foxaèr 4 464 August 15, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Stream Switch games without a capture card. Mechaghostman2 0 380 November 24, 2019 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Any sci-fi open world games? Mechaghostman2 9 1910 September 27, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Games still to be released in 2018 Foxaèr 9 1163 June 2, 2018 at 12:32 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Of new homes and video games. Brian37 7 1163 May 25, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  No evidence to support link between violent video games and behavior Gawdzilla Sama 12 1841 January 21, 2018 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Anybody here have any favorite Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games? ƵenKlassen 7 1228 November 18, 2017 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Cecelia