Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding a "Life Stories" section to the forum
Adding a "Life Stories" section to the forum
I think this would be a great resource for people. I'm sure a lot of people have life stories, including myself, that they would like to share, but there is no proper forum to post under.

For instance I want to post and discuss something that was said in my English class about other mythical religions, however, I don't want to post it under atheism or else I would have to turn it in to a question about religious peoples in general. I don't want to post it in Introductions under Atheism stories, because it's not pertaining to that, as that is very specific. I don't want to post it in any Relion sub forums, as it really has no place belonging there. No, not anywhere in any of the forums under the science category. The only places that I would consider would be "Off Topic" and "Arts" for the Discussion forum section. However, Off Topic? I mean, i'm sharing a personal experience, it wouldn't really belong in a place where you are supposed to discuss topics, as it's not really a topic, just a call for opinion and comment on a personal experience. Arts? No, that's more when talking about a subject, and the subject probably shouldn't be myself, unless I again wanted to turn this in to a more broad question, but I don't really.

^ That's my thinking ^

TLDR; Add a forum for "Life Stories" under the "Discussion" section, possibly relocate "Convert's Corner" in to this forum, as it does not necessarily belong in the introductions forum, or would simply more appropriately belong in a Life Stories type forum. 

I think even if you don't see this as beneficial now, if added, a lot of posts would start rolling in, because disregarding the forum, and subject, it's human nature to want to share personal experiences with others, and my guess is a lot of people would want to share some life stories and look for opinions, possibly advice.
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
RE: Adding a "Life Stories" section to the forum
Introductions forum itself isn't a bad place for something like that... you're introducing us to your life... inviting us into it.

Bumping.... but see, even if we did add a 'life stories' subforum: it would still probably go under introductions. My six pence.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(December 1, 2015 at 5:49 pm)Violet Wrote: Introductions forum itself isn't a bad place for something like that... you're introducing us to your life... inviting us into it.

Bumping.... but see, even if we did add a 'life stories' subforum: it would still probably go under introductions. My six pence.
I think that's stretching it, and it would be much more helpful and less confusing to add just simply a life stories part, instead of trying to pack it in to one, or the other.
Which is better:

The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
We are born, we die, we go to heaven and play the harp all day with Morgan Freeman looking on with that look in his eyes!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
It sounds like a good idea to me Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(December 2, 2015 at 1:40 am)ignoramus Wrote: We are born, we die, we go to heaven and play the harp all day with Morgan Freeman looking on with that look in his eyes!
Nah, I think Morgan would be playing the Organ, now that he's a Freeman! 

Wink Shades
Which is better:

The choice is yours. 

With the king on vocals, of course.
We still need a bass player, I think most go to hell don't they?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(December 2, 2015 at 2:13 am)ignoramus Wrote: With the king on vocals, of course.
We still need a bass player, I think most go to hell don't they?
Yes sadly most of the rock and roll industry does...

AC/DC even sped up the process by taking the highway
Which is better:

The choice is yours. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the adult section? FrustratedFool 33 2488 August 26, 2023 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  [Serious] Human Rights Section: the voting topic WinterHold 64 6780 July 22, 2020 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Porcupine
  Human Rights Section WinterHold 58 5634 July 15, 2020 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Reasonable way for a new section to be added Foxaèr 4 899 July 15, 2020 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Porcupine
  Whose idea was it to segregate news stories on slack? Angrboda 5 978 January 1, 2019 at 4:37 am
Last Post: Losty
  Blog section? *Deidre* 112 14017 May 12, 2018 at 3:08 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Which would be the appropriate section for certain movie discussions Astonished 2 1221 January 2, 2017 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Donald Trump section in the forum. paulpablo 18 1952 December 1, 2016 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Rant section DIRTY_DEEDS_93 2 1167 March 23, 2015 at 2:48 am
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Economics section? Something completely different 6 2371 September 29, 2013 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist