Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blog section?
Blog section?
I think it'd be nice to have a section where members can keep journals/blogs, and people can comment, etc. To be honest, that might be a good alternative to the civility subforum, as that is someone's private thoughts, and other members can interact in the journal, understanding not to blow it up, like they might a thread, yet still get to know someone in terms of deeper insights, perspectives, etc. 

Just a suggestion.
RE: Blog section?
(May 8, 2018 at 10:38 pm)*Deidre* Wrote: I think it'd be nice to have a section where members can keep journals/blogs, and people can comment, etc. To be honest, that might be a good alternative to the subforum, as that is someone's private thoughts, and other members can interact in the journal, understanding not to blow it up, like they might a thread, yet still get to know someone in terms of deeper insights, perspectives, etc. 

Just a suggestion.

Define "deeper".
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(May 8, 2018 at 10:43 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
(May 8, 2018 at 10:38 pm)*Deidre* Wrote: I think it'd be nice to have a section where members can keep journals/blogs, and people can comment, etc. To be honest, that might be a good alternative to the subforum, as that is someone's private thoughts, and other members can interact in the journal, understanding not to blow it up, like they might a thread, yet still get to know someone in terms of deeper insights, perspectives, etc. 

Just a suggestion.

Define "deeper".

As in personal insights into why perhaps they're following a particular religion...or why they're not. Or why an atheist identifies as an atheist. It can be very personalized, and yet people can comment. It can offer broader understanding of members, and give people outlets to write and vent their feelings, on things happening in their lives.

The blog doesn't have to be spiritual/religious in nature, it can be about anything. It would be YOUR blog. You can post anything you like, within the forum guidelines, artwork...or a song. Or random thoughts on politics, etc. It would be your own space, but others can comment.
I stopped posting in my blog "Confessions worthy of a war criminal"
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 8, 2018 at 10:55 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I stopped posting in my blog "Confessions worthy of a war criminal"

Well, now you can open it back up here. And we will try very hard not to judge you.

Angel
I like it.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(May 8, 2018 at 10:59 pm)J a c k Wrote: I like it.

So do I, actually.
Dying to live, living to die.
At the top of the page, there would be an icon titled ''blogs'' like next to ''my kudos'' and ''chat,'' not sure how challenging it is to actually set up the section, but that could be a place for it, or a subsection in the forum marked ''blogs.'' And then, people start individual threads, there, but they'd be their personal blog. I think from an aesthetic perspective, it looks better when the icon is at the top of the page, not in with the rest of the threads, in the forum. Because then, it'd be "treated'' differently.

Still think you can have the civility section, but if you're on the fence about that, this is a nice option, in terms of giving people some personal space to vent/share, etc but accept comments.

The caveat there being it would be treated similarly to how intros are treated here...it's sort of a "sanctuary space", where you can't tear the blogger down, because it's not that type of thing.
(May 8, 2018 at 10:38 pm)*Deidre* Wrote: I think it'd be nice to have a section where members can keep journals/blogs, and people can comment, etc. To be honest, that might be a good alternative to the civility subforum, as that is someone's private thoughts, and other members can interact in the journal, understanding not to blow it up, like they might a thread, yet still get to know someone in terms of deeper insights, perspectives, etc. 

Just a suggestion.

I'm pretty sure Kit already has one.

Wait a minute.

No .. that's the main forum.  My mistake.
(May 8, 2018 at 11:31 pm)Whateverist Wrote:
(May 8, 2018 at 10:38 pm)*Deidre* Wrote: I think it'd be nice to have a section where members can keep journals/blogs, and people can comment, etc. To be honest, that might be a good alternative to the civility subforum, as that is someone's private thoughts, and other members can interact in the journal, understanding not to blow it up, like they might a thread, yet still get to know someone in terms of deeper insights, perspectives, etc. 

Just a suggestion.

I'm pretty sure Kit already has one.

Wait a minute.

No .. that's the main forum.  My mistake.

Tongue
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the adult section? FrustratedFool 33 2556 August 26, 2023 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  [Serious] Human Rights Section: the voting topic WinterHold 64 6860 July 22, 2020 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Porcupine
  Human Rights Section WinterHold 58 5686 July 15, 2020 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Reasonable way for a new section to be added Foxaèr 4 903 July 15, 2020 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Porcupine
  Which would be the appropriate section for certain movie discussions Astonished 2 1231 January 2, 2017 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Donald Trump section in the forum. paulpablo 18 1970 December 1, 2016 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Adding a "Life Stories" section to the forum Heat 7 1835 December 2, 2015 at 2:22 am
Last Post: Heat
  Rant section DIRTY_DEEDS_93 2 1170 March 23, 2015 at 2:48 am
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Economics section? Something completely different 6 2397 September 29, 2013 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Vote - Sports Section Rayaan 59 14045 September 14, 2013 at 6:31 pm
Last Post: festive1