Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If They Keep This Up
If They Keep This Up
[Image: 635846913884345366-Screen-Shot-2015-12-0....14-PM.jpg]

I may have to revise my opinion of the NY Daily News.
RE: If They Keep This Up
"If only they put prayer back in school, there'd be no more school shootings"

"Yes, because there are no church shootings. Nope. None at all. Charleston? Never heard of it."

If prayer is so powerful, why do you need guns to 'protect yourselves and your family'. Won't prayer do just fine, or do you not allow prayer in your home?
Americans left lying in pools of blood? This will not stand!!!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Obviously they are bleeders.  Guns are never the problem.
Don't worry - when Hillary becomes the President of USA, she will put a stop to all this gun violence be cracking down on video games... Undecided
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(December 3, 2015 at 3:34 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote: Don't worry - when Hillary becomes the President of USA, she will put a stop to all this gun violence be cracking down on video games... Undecided

I played a lot of pacman in my youth. If video games had had any influence I be constantly be gobbling pills and listening to repetitive music.....

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(December 3, 2015 at 3:34 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote: Don't worry - when Hillary becomes the President of USA, she will put a stop to all this gun violence be cracking down on video games... Undecided

Maybe she can get together with Tipper Gore to take another stab at banning that evil Heavy Metal music!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

God never promised to take us out of this world, which is full of this kind of stuff, until the last day.  He did promise to be with us and to give us what we need as we go through this life.  When I pray I ask, for myself and others, that he would be with us and that we would get through any situation well.  By the way, if everyone followed Christ's teachings, these things wouldn't be happening.  Back in the days when we did pray in school, school shootings weren't happening.  These things are happening more frequently as we continue to draw away from faith and prayer.
(December 3, 2015 at 1:38 pm)Lek Wrote: God never promised to take us out of this world, which is full of this kind of stuff, until the last day.  He did promise to be with us and to give us what we need as we go through this life.  ...

No one bothered to tell him we need some bulletproof vests down here?
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(December 3, 2015 at 1:38 pm)Lek Wrote: God never promised to take us out of this world, which is full of this kind of stuff, until the last day.  He did promise to be with us and to give us what we need as we go through this life.

As usual, believers fail to distinguish between "what God promised" with what a group of ancient people wrote. Get back to us when "God" promises you these things in person, rather than in some old book you've decided represents "him".

Quote:When I pray I ask, for myself and others, that he would be with us and that we would get through any situation well.

That's nice and about as useful as the GOP leadership and their insistence on playing make-believe rather than actually doing something. But at least in your case, make-believe doesn't have adverse real world effects. The GOP, on the other hand . . .  

Quote:By the way, if everyone followed Christ's teachings, these things wouldn't be happening.

I doubt they'd be happening if everyone followed Buddha's teachings either. What's your point? I don't need Jesus to know that shooting people is a bad thing.

Quote:Back in the days when we did pray in school, school shootings weren't happening.  These things are happening more frequently as we continue to draw away from faith and prayer.

Really, the Good Old Days argument? You might want to check your U.S. history. School shootings back in the day? Not so much. But I can find you plenty of examples of how fucked up this country was when children were made to play make-believe in public schools. And the Good Old Days weren't so good for a lot of Americans.

Also, correlation =/= causation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Go Get Him, Boys. Earn Your Keep! Minimalist 4 572 June 15, 2018 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  And The Fucktards Keep Electing These Assholes Minimalist 10 2142 January 6, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Honoring George Washington, Unwelcoming...Please Keep it Up Neo-Scholastic 37 2836 November 1, 2017 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Guess He Figured If They Were In A Nursing Home They Weren't "Donors." Minimalist 5 1073 September 25, 2017 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  They Just Don't Make Nazis Like They Used To Minimalist 23 3645 September 5, 2017 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Keep Palin out of my country Amarok 68 16648 February 15, 2017 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  SLFC? I Have To Keep Up On My Acronyms! Minimalist 0 512 May 21, 2016 at 1:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Keep Conserving Oil and Drive These Wahabbist Fuckheads Minimalist 8 2616 October 26, 2015 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Better Keep This Little Cumstain Away From Guns Minimalist 17 2233 October 8, 2015 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: MentalGiant