Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 9:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Muslims struggle with condemnation
US Muslims struggle with condemnation
What the HELL! Muslims own religious community (at least part) does not think they need to/should condemn terrorist acts committed in the name of Islam? That condemnation will give Muslims/Islam a bad reputation?

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ea4601441...-extremism

Quote: "A younger generation is especially impatient with the condemnations of Islamic extremism from Muslim groups after every attack. They argue that the statements merely reinforce false notions that Muslims are collectively responsible for the violence."

Quote:"At a Georgetown University event last month on anti-Muslim bias, speaker Linda Sarsour said she struggled with Muslims who take part in such news conferences. "It reinforces the fallacy that I have something in common with" the Islamic State group...........".

You do, it's called RELIGION. All religions need to step up and condemn any criminal acts (terror, murder, fraud, molestation, .........) committed in that religions name or by someone in that religious community. Yeah, you to xtians.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: US Muslims struggle with condemnation
I actually wonder how much responsibility does one hold for ideas - If I'm a communist, am I supposed to apologize because "stalin"? "Hey guys, I'm sorry, but I just love worker's rights!". ??
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(December 6, 2015 at 9:56 pm)Dystopia Wrote: I actually wonder how much responsibility does one hold for ideas - If I'm a communist, am I supposed to apologize because "stalin"? "Hey guys, I'm sorry, but I just love worker's rights!". ??

Apology is different from condemnation though isn't it?  Would you find it easy to condemn Stalin if you were a communist do you think?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(December 6, 2015 at 9:56 pm)Dystopia Wrote: I actually wonder how much responsibility does one hold for ideas - If I'm a communist, am I supposed to apologize because "stalin"? "Hey guys, I'm sorry, but I just love worker's rights!". ??

Today? It's a little late but yes. Especially is the actions are death, torture, starvation, oppression,.......... You don't think americans now condemn slavery, treatment of native americans, racism, homelessness.......... Yeah, I know some of the shit continues, but if you don't stand up and state that it is wrong and needs to be corrected how are you going to progress?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
here we go again . . .   I guess I'm not sure why I would be surprised this condemnation thing is turning into a 'thing'.

Huh

[Image: CVRh0kVU4AEQNqv.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I don't think Muslim organizations should be expected to apologize for other sectarian groups, nor for their own followers when they go and do what they do without their support. But even Christians condemn those who commit acts of terror in their name (few were silent when the IRA committed acts of terror in Northern Ireland and London). If said peaceful Muslims are unwilling to distance themselves from violent sects which justify their action from the same book which they go by, and make some attempt to publicly refute any claims that those passages should be interpreted as a call to commit violence, then why should anyone else believe they don't support violence? Their book calls on them to commit rape, genital butchery, murder, suicide, honor-killings, acts of terror, to practice the most barbaric excuses for justice since the 7th Century, while inciting idiots all over the world to assassinate anyone for the slightest insult to their ideas! Whether the people who do this are your brothers in Christ, Islam, or your fellow atheists, it should behoove you to demonstrate how they are not like you, if you can.
Mr. Hanky loves you!

Wait.

You're a communist??

Tongue
Dying to live, living to die.
We had this in another thread. Why are muslims supposed to appologize for every action their radicals do? Did anyone ask christians to distance themselves from Brejvik? For the other nutters, shooting up abortion clinics or doctors? Why the double standards? Were jews called out when Barruch Goldstein shot up a mosque?

Short answer, if you're not affiliated with certain actions, you shouldn't be called out. You had no part in it, so you're not guilty by association.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Quote:Apology is different from condemnation though isn't it?

I don't know.  Both are equally worthless.  It's like praying.
(December 6, 2015 at 10:36 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Apology is different from condemnation though isn't it?

I don't know.  Both are equally worthless.  It's like praying.

I think they're both very worthwhile expressions.  Unlike praying.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BREAKING: Muslims confronting ISIS terrorist and save Austrian Wounded Cop. WinterHold 18 1276 November 5, 2020 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  There's a social pandemic poisoning Europe: hatred of Muslims WinterHold 23 1342 November 2, 2020 at 10:14 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Is it time for Arab Muslims to abandon Islam? WinterHold 1 554 April 9, 2018 at 10:55 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The Muslims of Nazareth Don't Get It Minimalist 3 456 December 15, 2017 at 12:48 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Sauasage in a Manger & Muslims in Christmas Advert possibletarian 13 1177 November 15, 2017 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: possibletarian
  Report: British Teen Sex Slaves Fed Into Meat Grinders By Muslims scoobysnack 27 8078 May 22, 2017 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Antifa Writer assaulted by racist Muslims account_inactive 21 2998 September 12, 2016 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: RobertE
  Australian state (ACT) passes blasphemy law to protect Muslims mralstoner 22 4235 August 15, 2016 at 12:29 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Nearly 50% of Democrats believe Christians are a bigger threat to the US than Muslims *Deidre* 38 8231 January 7, 2016 at 1:31 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Muslims protect Christians from extremists in Kenya bus attack Fake Messiah 1 755 December 28, 2015 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon