Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God's "perfect" Plan
God's "perfect" Plan
Many Christians claim that God plans everything in advance according to some parts of their bible. What I find about it, is that his plans are ridiculous. He plans abortions, he plans rape, he plans murderer, he plans poverty, he plans suffering, he planned the Holocaust, he planned 9/11, and all of that. If he planned everything, then that means that we are all brainwashed, and that we are doing what he wants us to do and that we have not free will. What do you all think about this so-called God's "perfect" plan.
RE: God's "perfect" Plan
Exactly. God is omniscient, which means he always knew exactly what he (and all of us) would (and will) do. The inescapable conclusion is that god must be retarded.

Or that he is imaginary. Take your pick.
You missed out 'malevolent arsehole' Paul Wink
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
(June 25, 2010 at 1:04 pm)superstarr Wrote: Many Christians claim that God plans everything in advance according to some parts of their bible. What I find about it, is that his plans are ridiculous. He plans abortions, he plans rape, he plans murderer, he plans poverty, he plans suffering, he planned the Holocaust, he planned 9/11, and all of that. If he planned everything, then that means that we are all brainwashed, and that we are doing what he wants us to do and that we have not free will. What do you all think about this so-called God's "perfect" plan.

You're exactly right, and kudos to you for noticing this nonsensical rubbish (to put it lightly)
I'd have to agree with Paul there - Retarded or Imaginary (or concocted by retards)

To add to that,
These same Christians believe in a prayer answering God. Now that's a massive contradiction which I bet many of them noticed but maintain denial of. When you pray to God, you ask him to change his "perfect" plan JUST for YOU. And I bet a great number of those would be great advice for him.

And don't forget, all this literally kills the idea of "free will"
(June 25, 2010 at 1:19 pm)Scott Anonymous Wrote: And don't forget, all this literally kills the idea of "free will"

Oh never mind, you mentioned it Smile
"We need not a God; just another human being to give life a meaning. For people are truly all people have" author unknown

Xtians say a lot of stupid shit, starr.

Pay them no mind.
Christians often assert God and his plan are perfect yet fail to explain why he would ever need a 'plan' to start with.

Think about it for a minute, those that don't profess God is said Universe, usually claim God as an ontological being is literally "perfection". God doesn't need or want anything from us for he is without fault or limit and nothing is beyond is power.

So why did God create the supposed "imperfect cosmos" then?
Was he not content with and by himself? Not satisfied in his infinite majesty?

Why exactly would a Perfect God want or need to create anything at all? What is he hoping to achieve? If he's already complete and whole, without any defect, yet lacks the ability or desire to replicate this or create another God then WHAT WAS THE POINT of initiating Creation or wanting malformed disobedient children?

The apparent lack of sound reasoning behind its motives becomes all too laughably ludicrous. ^^
(June 25, 2010 at 1:04 pm)superstarr Wrote: Many Christians claim that God plans everything in advance according to some parts of their bible. What I find about it, is that his plans are ridiculous. He plans abortions, he plans rape, he plans murderer, he plans poverty, he plans suffering, he planned the Holocaust, he planned 9/11, and all of that. If he planned everything, then that means that we are all brainwashed, and that we are doing what he wants us to do and that we have not free will. What do you all think about this so-called God's "perfect" plan.
Well, we actually don't have acausal free will.

One of the problems with christianity is that it asserts that free will exists and makes us independent of god. A grand cop out scheme that fails to explain the flaming contradiction between two types of messages:
1) free will is preconfigured by god and handed over to humans
2) free will is independent from god and defines our individual essence
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0

The Lord works in mysterious ways, his wonders to perform. How can you, a primitive puny human who's brain was only ever meant to help you survive on the plains of Africa possibly comprehend the infinity of the ultimate conciousness? You've no more hope in understanding the mind of God than you have of successfully teaching an ant quantum physics, in fact, immeasurably less.

Oops, sorry. Went a bit strange there for a moment. Must be the heat Panic
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Why do you all even care about Gods perfect plan, you do not believe in the claim that He exists, it can only be understood by those who believe in the God of creation. God's plan is perfect within His own will. His will is not meant to control people it is however ultimately to bring peace to His creation to rid it of the evil that sin brought into His creation. The freewill you all want to so easily dismiss was given to His entire creation of beings and in that freewill there came jealousy and then hatered and this lead to not obeying God thus sin and the evil it brings.

Yes God knew before He created the universe that the fall of man would corrupt the creation however He desired to love man and have mans love returned to Him unconditionally, there was only one way He could accomplish this, that was to give mankind the freedom to choose how they desired to live their lives "freewill". Yes God would prefer that all humans live by His will, because He knows the better life it will bring to us, the choice is ours (for me I've decided to choose God's will for myself) and the atheist on this site have made it very clear you do not believe the claim that God exists so in that you have chosen to disobey God. The reason I believe that God knows what's best for our lives He is omniscient and can see down through the pages of history and see the results of our choices upon our lives.

God's plan is going perfectly He is letting history run it's course with all the evil and love that man allows to control our lives through the freewill man has and without His interference in our choices. When evil has run its depraved course God will bring it to its end and set up His eternal Kingdom of which we all will be a part of some with Him and some in hell "the choice is ours and ours alone."

This is not an attempt to get anyone to believe in God it's a statement of what I believe to be true. I know you all think this fundie is delusional but time will be the ultimate judge of that.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(June 25, 2010 at 4:13 pm)Godschild screamed and cried and Wrote: Just leave Britney alone!!
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Perfect, Best of Possible, or Better than Nothing: Which criterion? Hatshepsut 35 6623 May 19, 2015 at 6:12 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Is the bible all perfect? Dystopia 77 11431 March 10, 2015 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Janay Rice and God's Plan vorlon13 37 4952 December 2, 2014 at 5:41 am
Last Post: Bad Wolf
  Christians, your God cannot be Perfect. Mudhammam 31 6906 January 10, 2014 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: truthBtold
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12408 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  Catholic cardinal criticises gay marriage plan Cyberman 9 3447 March 5, 2012 at 2:33 am
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6690 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad
  Christians Make Perfect Sense. Loading Please Wait 5 2536 September 4, 2011 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: zip_ster
  God's Word is Perfect FadingW 58 14347 April 8, 2011 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Sarcasm
  Jesus plan AND Obama's fault reverendjeremiah 20 5997 March 6, 2011 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Minimalist