Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evidence of NDEs
Evidence of NDEs
These types of experiences are completely testable:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Parnia#AWARE

Quote:No subjects saw the images mounted out of sight according to Parnia's early report of the results of the study at an American Heart Association meeting in November 2013. Οnly two out of the 152 patients reported any visual experiences, and one of them described events that could be verified.
RE: Evidence of NDEs
Yep, heard about it on SGU a while ago...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Oh, I'm sure a sufficiently credulous apologist will note this that doesn't prove anything. And technically, I suppose it doesn't, but it certainly makes the claims look extra sketchy. Claims, of course, that are coming from individuals who were clinically brain dead.

Also, the fact that dissociative agents like ketamine can give people the exact same out-of-body experiences makes the whole thing less believable. I mean, yeah, it technically could be a soul, but we can answer these questions without souls, so why assume they're the case?
Because the idiots read about it in their Buy-Bull?
I had a near death experience!
I went to McDonalds to dinner!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(December 17, 2015 at 4:36 pm)ignoramus Wrote: I had a near death experience!
I went to McDonalds to dinner!

You poor man.
I want to see evidence of a POST death experience.
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

What I don't understand is the people who talk about having visited heaven. It's called near death, for a reason! How did they get into the afterlife without being dead?

I'm not denying that NDEs happen, but the way people interpret them is generally not based in objective fact. I can't remember who it was now, but wasn't there some guy who claimed to have fought off an army of demons during an NDE?
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
(December 18, 2015 at 12:36 am)Darkstar Wrote: What I don't understand is the people who talk about having visited heaven. It's called near death, for a reason! How did they get into the afterlife without being dead?

At least in some cases, the people's heart stops. Possibly all brain activity. Of course, this makes me extremely skeptical when one of these people tell me what was going on when they were "outside of their body". They were freaking brain dead. How am I supposed to believe anything they think they saw.

(December 18, 2015 at 12:36 am)Darkstar Wrote: I can't remember who it was now, but wasn't there some guy who claimed to have fought off an army of demons during an NDE?

There was at least one account someone gave of going to hell. I think it started out with the standard "white light" and all, but it started getting more distant.
(December 17, 2015 at 7:48 am)Jehanne Wrote: These types of experiences are completely testable:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Parnia#AWARE

Quote:No subjects saw the images mounted out of sight according to Parnia's early report of the results of the study at an American Heart Association meeting in November 2013. Οnly two out of the 152 patients reported any visual experiences, and one of them described events that could be verified.

No such thing as NDEs, not that the morons cant even see how stupid "Near" is defying what they want to stupidly believe in defending an afterlife. Near does not mean beyond or after. Once your brain is damaged beyond repair you don't come back in tact as if nothing happened. Once you go beyond the window which is all "near" means, you are dead, there is no coming back from that. No different than crashing a car so badly the engine parts are no longer the in tact car. If NDEs were real like the idiots who claim them, then one should be able to decapitate themselves, sew the head back on and function fully as if nothing happened. Funny how that never happens in reality. It is nothing more than junk claims and superstition to avoid the reality that we are finite. 

Anyone trying to prop NDEs up with junk science are assholes perpetuating the gullibility of delusional people.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NDEs of Hell Shell B 47 4853 May 11, 2023 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Proof and evidence will always equal Science zwanzig 103 6659 December 17, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Are miracles evidence of the existence of God? ido 74 4086 July 24, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If theists understood "evidence" Foxaèr 135 13522 October 10, 2018 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Moses parting the sea evidence or just made up Smain 12 2904 June 28, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Best Evidence For God and Against God The Joker 49 9611 November 22, 2016 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Scientific evidence of God by an atheist (Where mankind is one likely type of God) ProgrammingGodJordan 324 49089 November 22, 2016 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Chas
  Someone, Show me Evidence of God. ScienceAf 85 11521 September 12, 2016 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Please give me evidence for God. Socratic Meth Head 142 21796 March 23, 2016 at 5:38 am
Last Post: robvalue
  I'm God. What evidence do I need to provide? robvalue 297 28008 November 16, 2015 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet