Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"If God Exists" -Darkmatter25's newest vid
"If God Exists" -Darkmatter25's newest vid
Darkmatter does it again!

What a great video.

Hopefully this will open up some stimulating conversation.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
RE: "If God Exists" -Darkmatter25's newest vid
Absolutely brilliant! He is a master of his craft Smile That sums up brilliantly what a ridiculous notion the Yahweh character is, and how he would actually be a complete moron among potential gods.

I've always thought the Abrahamic gods resemble thoughtless, egotistical, tantrum throwing toddlers.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(December 21, 2015 at 2:57 am)robvalue Wrote: Absolutely brilliant! He is a master of his craft Smile That sums up brilliantly what a ridiculous notion the Yahweh character is, and how he would actually be a complete moron among potential gods.

I've always thought the Abrahamic gods resemble thoughtless, egotistical, tantrum throwing toddlers.

Nice work mate.
Good to debunk religious dogmas.
Now let us try to debunk the idea that religions speak the word of God or better say
they represent God on earth.  Smile
I've always found the Abrahamic god to be exquisitely lacking in the imagination department.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
Facepalm

Branching out, huh Rik? Wonderful.

If you believe in God and spend time trying to "connect" with him through prayers and/or/ meditation and/or other ritualistic behavior (like possibly yoga, for instance), then you follow a religion.

You follow a religion, Rik. Stop acting like your religion isn't a religion.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
Love his stuff, should be spread far and wide.
(December 21, 2015 at 8:01 am)Redbeard The Pink Wrote: Facepalm

Branching out, huh Rik? Wonderful.

If you believe in God and spend time trying to "connect" with him through prayers and/or/ meditation and/or other ritualistic behavior (like possibly yoga, for instance), then you follow a religion.

You follow a religion, Rik. Stop acting like your religion isn't a religion.

Well, well, i didn't know that you are an expert in religions.
Can you please help Little Rik to understand what a religions is
and if your brain allow what is spirituality.  Smile
Have a lovely day beanie.  Worship
Oh shit i didnt realize you already posted this
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
(December 22, 2015 at 6:37 am)Little Rik Wrote: Well, well, i didn't know that you are an expert in religions.
Can you please help Little Rik to understand what a religions is
and if your brain allow what is spirituality.  Smile
Have a lovely day beanie.  Worship

It's really pretty straight-forward, Rik. If you think there's a God and you do pretty much anything to try connect with it, make friends with it, appease it, or be "more like" it, then you follow a religion. If you think magic exists and you try to learn about and use it, then you follow a religion. If you sincerely try to talk to ghosts, especially using spells or rituals, then you follow a religion.

I guess if you want to get technical, religion is the use of symbols, rituals, prayers, or any combination of those things to worship, pay homage to, and/or gain the favor of one or more gods, spirits, and/or magical forces.

You, for instance, believe that doing yoga regularly will help connect your mind to an ultimate, Universe-permeating consciousness, do you not? That's religion.

I know you think it's just "pure spirituality" and not religion, but it is a consistent fact that people who have religion recognize other people's faiths as religions while steadfastly referring to their own religions as something else. Examples:

Christians are commonly heard to say that "Christianity isn't a religion, it's a lifestyle."

Bill O'Reilly insisted on national television that Christianity is a philosophy, not a religion.

Buddhism is commonly referred to as a philosophy and not a religion (while this may be true for some very isolated branches, many forms of Buddhism recognize gods, spirits, and supernatural realms).

Some people think Taoism is a philosophy and not a religion even though it involves contacting ancestor ghosts with magic spells.

Doing yoga for exercise and flexibility is not religion. Doing yoga in attempts to connect with invisible universe-brains is religion.

Stop acting like your religion isn't a religion.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
Quote:One does not have to appeal to God to set the initial conditions for the creation of the universe, but if one does He would have to act through the laws of physics.

-Stephen Hawking

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6298 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  God Exists brokenreflector 210 12947 June 16, 2020 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  "How do I know God exists?" - the first step to atheism Mystic 51 29716 April 23, 2018 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Before We Discuss Whether God Exists, I Have A Question Jenny A 113 14804 March 7, 2018 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: possibletarian
  Proof that God exists TheoneandonlytrueGod 203 46685 January 23, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Muslims are using this NASA video as proof that islam is true and that allah exists LetThereBeNoGod 10 3958 February 16, 2017 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: LetThereBeNoGod
Video The Married Atheist vid: Morality from science? robvalue 5 2021 March 19, 2016 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How do I get over that "feeling" that god exists? IanHulett 64 11513 May 3, 2015 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  It's time to stop pretending God exists! Mystic 26 7203 May 25, 2014 at 8:26 am
Last Post: archangle
  What would convince you that a god exists? Praetorian 68 18468 May 19, 2013 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Snaghobaa