Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrong forum?
Wrong forum?
There's a lot of religious folk on here at the moment. Am I in the wrong place?
RE: Wrong forum?
Yes, you're right. However most of what they post is obviously bullshit - they can't really think to convert us like that (Or do they?). Or are they just spamming the forum to punish us unbelievers? Or …?
(June 27, 2010 at 8:29 am)Atheist_named_Christian Wrote: Yes, you're right. However most of what they post is obviously bullshit - they can't really think to convert us like that (Or do they?). Or are they just spamming the forum to punish us unbelievers? Or …?

Thing is it just makes us spool glad we are atheist when we read their shite. It never fails to amaze me how anyone can believe in any of it
(June 27, 2010 at 8:29 am)Atheist_named_Christian Wrote: Yes, you're right. However most of what they post is obviously bullshit - they can't really think to convert us like that (Or do they?). Or are they just spamming the forum to punish us unbelievers? Or …?

Us "Blasphemers" would be a better word for the blissful....

Just count how many times they mention "Christ, Light, god, his/he, sacrifice, and of course "Jesus".....
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
Would you rather censor them out mem? Why can't non atheists discuss atheism & with atheists?

Perhaps we should have an atheists only area... I know I leave some topics for ppl to vent etc.
This is an "Atheist Forums" in so far as we discuss atheism actively. By no means is it a forum just for atheists; in fact discussion from theists is very much encouraged. If you don't like it, I suggest using another forum.
Having enraged Theist on our forums puts a smile on my face....

As "Atheist" as I am, I do not belong to any Theistic site.....I do my best to actually stay away from the "Blissful"....

I encourage those enraged to come here....Hundreds may post all day long, but in the end, "1" of them might actually learn something. And learning something new keeps the wheel spinning, if you get my drift.
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
Quote:As "Atheist" as I am, I do not belong to any Theistic site.....I do my best to actually stay away from the "Blissful"....

So do I, Sam but it isn't because I don't want to argue with them.

It's because they nauseate me with their "prayers" and "fucking blessings" and other assorted holy horseshit.
It's nearly impossible to get an honest discussion between a theist and a nontheist on a theist forum, because more often that not when you start challenging beliefs you get banned. Here we don't want to do that because we like debate, and we want to encourage theists to stay and participate in these debates.

That said, we always try to keep on eye on theists. We don't ban theists just because their arguments may be bad and seem to have no thought. As long as they are actively debating/discussing to some extent, they are welcome. If they refuse to participate in a discussion and simply choose to preach, that's when we wave the ban hammer.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Good idea, boss.

[Image: 901225.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The right way to be and the wrong way to be Ahriman 57 4707 April 29, 2022 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  I went to the wrong kind of school. onlinebiker 5 446 April 20, 2022 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
  A DNR that went wrong. Jehanne 12 796 March 31, 2021 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  was it my big boobs or just the wrong stool funcouple 8 961 August 30, 2019 at 11:07 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Born in the wrong country Alexmahone 3 899 April 20, 2018 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape
  What's Wrong Amarok 32 4298 January 14, 2017 at 2:28 am
Last Post: Amarok
  I was wrong rado84 30 2977 July 22, 2016 at 5:03 am
Last Post: rado84
  It should never be considered wrong Foxaèr 35 2999 July 8, 2016 at 6:09 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I was wrong about everything. Foxaèr 15 1880 April 2, 2016 at 4:38 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Is it wrong? Foxaèr 70 7122 January 12, 2016 at 2:00 pm