Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Demons coming down...
Demons coming down...
I hear my dad talking about this book that he's reading which discusses how demons are masquerading as extraterrestrial life who could cure cancer but the "lord/god" knows that they're secretly "demons" who are working on human reproductive parts for the ability to reproduce for the final battle. It sounds so stupid but I have to life with someone who believes in "god Angel " and subscribes to the most radical right-wing ideas. I'm a right winger though, just because I like to keep my money, etc.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME TELL HIM WHY THIS IS BS?

PS: Thanks for welcoming me!
RE: Demons coming down...
Veritas' Dad: It's bullshit!
Dying to live, living to die.
No. As a right winger, you just have to live with the crazy. That's your curse...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Hey , welcome. (Checked your bio)

Is false hope better than no hope?
Is bad luck better than no luck?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(December 23, 2015 at 4:35 pm)Beccs Wrote: Veritas' Dad:  It's bullshit!
Haha I told him that, but he just laughed at me like I was the stupid one...  Sleepy
(December 23, 2015 at 4:36 pm)Quantum Wrote: No. As a right winger, you just have to live with the crazy. That's your curse...
Big Grin We'll find a way! 
(December 23, 2015 at 4:50 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Hey , welcome. (Checked your bio)

Is false hope better than no hope?
Is bad luck better than no luck?
There's no such thing. You can also comfort yourself in knowing that leprechauns exist, but it's false and you're living in a delusion. Thanks for welcoming me! I've revised my view btw Tongue
As long as you are living under your Dad's roof (yes, I can almost hear you groan, I bet you've heard that phrase before) - he's paying the bills, etc., - don't challenge his beliefs.  The only thing it's going to do is make it hard to live with him.  You won't change his mind.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
I don't know how to reason with crazy, Veritas, so I'm afraid I have nothing for your dad other than a suggestion that he stay away from the sauce for breakfast.
(December 23, 2015 at 5:01 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: As long as you are living under your Dad's roof (yes, I can almost hear you groan, I bet you've heard that phrase before) - he's paying the bills, etc., - don't challenge his beliefs.  The only thing it's going to do is make it hard to live with him.  You won't change his mind.
I understand that, and that's a great point. It's not like I hate him for being Christian but I know he's still my father and I love him no matter what his belief's are Shy Heart
Convince him you need to start building a bunker before it's to late. Might want to invest in protective junk covers for the family, unless the work on the reproductive parts would be a personal bonus.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 23, 2015 at 5:05 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Convince him you need to start building a bunker before it's to late. Might want to invest in protective junk covers for the family, unless the work on the reproductive parts would be a personal bonus.

... We actually have all that kind of stuff planned out....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coming Out TheJefe817 8 1156 April 1, 2023 at 4:36 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  (Sensitivity required) Coming out to someone SlowCalculations 12 1769 October 27, 2019 at 6:14 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  List of religious end times/Second coming of Jesus predictions purplepurpose 13 4173 November 22, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  If the Bible is false, why are its prophecies coming true? pgardner2358 3 1641 June 9, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Why am I still worrying about coming out as atheist? Der/die AtheistIn 48 5536 February 11, 2018 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  It's coming up to that time of year again... The Valkyrie 40 12292 September 23, 2017 at 11:49 am
  Closet Atheist Coming Out and Telling Family and Friends You're An Atheist Cholley71 10 7050 September 27, 2016 at 1:01 am
  As an atheist, what makes your socks go up and down?? vorlon13 4 1523 May 18, 2016 at 7:03 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  what do you think about immortality coming? Rextos 61 7794 March 6, 2016 at 12:37 am
Last Post: Cato
  Any advice on coming out to my parents? BitchinHitchins 26 6845 August 2, 2015 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: Jenny A