Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 5:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World of Tanks Generals (card game)
World of Tanks Generals (card game)
I recently got into this game, and it's really good. I highly recommend giving it a shot. It's available for free on iPad or PC. As usual, you can pay to get stuff quicker, (and get a few fancy cards) but there's really no need to. I've been playing totally for free and enjoying the fuck out of it, and have a good win rate without any fancy cards. The fancy ones are good, but not nearly enough to break the game.

It is a bit different to other collectible card games, in that you get cards via research trees rather than boosters. This means you can get the cards you actually want. It doesn't take long to get most of the basic ones.

It's played on a board, 5 by 3, with an HQ in each corner. You deploy tanks, send them to fight each other and eventually attack the other HQ. The HQ can fire each turn too, against the other HQ or any tank that is "spotted" (has one of your tanks next to it). This last point is missed out of the tutorial and is very important! There are 5 different classes of tanks which all have different rules for attacking and moving. You initially only have light and medium tanks, but you quickly unlock heavy tanks, special patrol groups (artillery) and destroyer tanks.

There's no campaign mode yet, just a tutorial level then right into multiplayer. You start off with a 30 card deck, and you can sub in new cards as you earn them. A "card power" rating ensures that you play against people with roughly the same power cards as you do. That works really well! Putting in mega powered cards means you face tougher opponents.

So give it a try! I was thinking of doing a video about it, if anyone is interested. It has a lot of strategy in both deck building and in the playing. There are Russian. German and American tanks to play with. To begin with it doesn't matter what HQ you use, but eventually each country has its own generals with different abilities. You can use "off country" tanks, but some of them have abilities unique to certain countries or generals.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: World of Tanks Generals (card game)
Noob, just play WOT.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I love cards games though.

It's a spinoff from WoT, with the same tanks, I am told. Except you get loads at once Big Grin

Oh yeah, there's a special Snow Tank you get for free if you start playing while the Xmas event lasts (there is snow all over the frigging place). He is cool. He can freeze other tanks.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
Ah cool. I just unlocked my first final tier general. He kicks some ass.

I will blow up your stuff whether or not it's insured.

Index of my best videos
I too love card games. Should try this out. UNO is also quite fun.

This is a very famous card game from where i come from. I tend to like physical cards much more rather than playing on a tablet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/304_%28card_game%29
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Gautama Buddha
Why aren't you all playing this yet?

Look, it ruined my life, I don't see why you should all get out of playing it.

Tanks a lot Tongue

I'm still having great fun with this. There's a lot of scope for inventive deck building and play. Maybe I'll do a vid showing the basics soon.

Index of my best videos
Tanks!

So, I'm still obsessed. Everyone has to come play this! There aren't enough players on the server, and it's an amazing game.

I'm really chuffed because I just won my first gold card from the new missions, woo! Don't quite know how. A series of lucky escapes.

I can help people with the basics, deck building, rules and so on, and I can of course play people Big Grin

Index of my best videos
I'd love to make a video series about this game if I had the energy, giving a strategy guide for beginners.

I've got a cool big American assault deck going which I thought you'd all like:

Light tanks:

A bunch of baby camos
A couple Stuarts
2x 4/7 eat your face off!

Medium:

3x pershing
2x Lee defender
Other stuff probably

Destroyers:

3x Jackson
Must be more

SPG

2x 2 splatter hideys
2x corner crawling bastards

Squads

Pump gunners
Telephone resource dudes

Orders

3x focus fire
2x wave after wave on your ass
2x recruitment drive
Some other cool stuff probably

So I can't remember all the details right now.

Index of my best videos
Oh yeah, wolverines, resource harvester dudes and heavy life tanks of course.

Index of my best videos
Play warthunder you WoT Noob! >:u

Jokes, this sounds kinda fun Big Grin
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. For if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes unto you."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stream Switch games without a capture card. Mechaghostman2 0 378 November 24, 2019 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Plants vs. Zombies card game robvalue 1 557 October 27, 2016 at 5:11 am
Last Post: robvalue
  World of Tanks pocaracas 25 3509 June 8, 2015 at 9:18 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Magivis, a card game. warlocksarebest 5 1363 November 10, 2014 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: warlocksarebest
  HELP PLEASE! Quick question for any card collectors or players tackattack 4 2068 September 19, 2010 at 7:39 am
Last Post: tackattack