Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP PLEASE! Quick question for any card collectors or players
HELP PLEASE! Quick question for any card collectors or players
I recently (last night) came into about 25k magic the gathering cards. Without going through and finding whether there are any valuable misprints or rares in there what would you expect I could make off slling them at a store either to an owner or players? What should I ask for? I've been out f it for so long, most of them seem like the newer versions, the prvious owner did seem to have some older first edition stuff and I pulled everything he had in sleeves and put aside. I'm just not sure what a rational expectation should be. Opinions?
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
RE: HELP PLEASE! Quick question for any card collectors or players
If it were coins or banknotes I could hepl. Cards....no idea.

One option would be to have a look on eBay. Compare something similar maybe!
I found a couple of articles about identifying which set a card comes from. Hope they help.

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Ar...blesort=3b

[Image: mtgcom_askwizards_0104_pic1_en.jpg]
I suggest going through each card and pricing it, getting you the most money. I have 1000 some yugioh cards and I can make 2000+ off them, most of them were just gifts. I now do magic... You could try to ask on MTGSalvation.
I don't know if I have the stamina to sift through 20k cards for a potential of maybe $1-200. I'll price the ones already in sleeves, but I'm going to have to assume the rest are common. I might go through and destroy all the land though.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stream Switch games without a capture card. Mechaghostman2 0 380 November 24, 2019 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Plants vs. Zombies card game robvalue 1 558 October 27, 2016 at 5:11 am
Last Post: robvalue
  World of Tanks Generals (card game) robvalue 23 2218 March 30, 2016 at 3:09 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Summer Games Done Quick KevinM1 1 720 August 2, 2015 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Any Hearthstone players 'round here? Esquilax 35 4011 July 24, 2015 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  Awesome Games Done Quick - watch speed runs, fight cancer KevinM1 0 893 January 5, 2015 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Magivis, a card game. warlocksarebest 5 1374 November 10, 2014 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: warlocksarebest
  Calling AtheistForums.org Poker Players NoMoreFaith 24 7586 June 12, 2012 at 11:16 am
Last Post: WhatIfGodWasJustAMyth
  Any LOTRO Players? Gooders1002 9 2628 February 11, 2012 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Found out we had some Oblivion players. lrh9 23 5276 December 14, 2010 at 3:11 am
Last Post: Light of Truth