Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arizona Woman Shoots And Kills Atheist For Not Believing In God
Arizona Woman Shoots And Kills Atheist For Not Believing In God
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressive...ng-in-god/

A woman in Phoenix is under arrest after telling police she shot and killed an atheist for not believing in God.
The Phoenix Police Department reports that 39-year-old Anitra Braxton has been charged with murder after police found the body of a woman on her couch inside her apartment on December 26.
Police officers found the body of a woman, possibly pregnant, covered with a towel at Braxton’s apartment in Phoenix Saturday.
According to the arresting officer’s report, Braxton, initially told officers that she lived alone and that no one was inside the apartment.
Later Braxton told police detectives the victim on the sofa was “a shrine from God,” and that her victim had been shot in the eye for “not believing in her God.”
- See more at: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressive...Pa98G.dpuf

Arizona didn't seem so crazy 20 years ago when I was at boarding school there, even in superaffluent Paradise Valley (between Scottsdale and PHX.) Not sure if I was just too interested in the WASP girls on my campus as opposed to, well, news, or if AZ has gotten worse. Any Zonies in the house?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: Arizona Woman Shoots And Kills Atheist For Not Believing In God
How horrific Sad
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Yep.  Before you tell a xtian you're an atheist, make sure they're not armed.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
These are the kind of people we speak out against when atheists speak out against religion. If we don't speak out, who will? It's not as if religion calms down on its own.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Quote:Any Zonies in the house?

Yeah.  It isn't crazier its just that every crazy now has a gun.
What do you bet the shooter cannot pass even a minimal standard of religious fealty and belief ??

Certain enough to kill seems to not correlate with actually following ones professed faith.

(And if the shooter is a nutball, we aren't going to be able to actually use this incident much other than perhaps advocating for annual psyche evals for everybody)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Wow... this is a special breed of crazy.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Not in the Mideast forever, and at times and places in the US.

And the difference between "no God" and "the wrong God" can be pretty ethereal indeed.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I wonder if the murderer has been clinically diagnosed.

eta: It doesn't seem she has ... yet:

Quote:A woman told police she shot another woman because she didn't believe in God and kept her body for three days as a shrine in her Phoenix apartment, according to arrest records.

Phoenix officers arrested Anitra Braxton, 39, on suspicion of first-degree murder Saturday after finding an unidentified body in her apartment in the 1500 block of West Missouri Avenue.

Police reported they were called to the scene and discovered the woman covered with a towel on Braxton's couch, dead of a gunshot wound to the head.

Braxton told investigators that the body was a "shrine from God" and that she had shot the woman in the eye for not believing in God, the records said. The murder weapon has not been recovered.

She also reportedly told investigators that the body had been at her home for two to three days. Braxton maintained that the corpse on the sofa was actually her own body, the records added.

Braxton was cooperative with investigators but made statements that were "somewhat delusional" during interviews, Phoenix police spokesman Sgt. Trent Crump said.

"She will not tell us who the victim is. When we ask for the victim's name, she gives her own name," Crump said. "At this point, we're not sure what her thought process is or what type of mental illness she may be suffering from."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/loca.../77972392/

I would ascribe this to her mental illness rather than her religion directly.

Radicals are always the same, regardless of the poison of choice. As I quite often keep saying. The only thing preventing radical christians and jews to act exactly the same way as radical muslims, is a very thin layer of society and legislation. And sometimes that layer breaks and reveils just the same uglyness.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Woman raped while onlookers did nothing LadyForCamus 115 6178 October 19, 2021 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  More entitled white woman problems. brewer 62 2939 December 30, 2020 at 10:23 pm
Last Post: Aristocatt
  Woman Threatens Hispanic Couple BrianSoddingBoru4 20 958 July 3, 2020 at 2:22 am
Last Post: no one
Thumbs Up Washtenaw Deputy punches woman protestor in head onlinebiker 39 3049 June 5, 2020 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Pregnant Alabama Woman who was shot charged with Manslaughter of her unborn baby Cecelia 94 7532 July 3, 2019 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Pakistan acquits Christian woman on death row Marozz 9 1085 October 31, 2018 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Arizona Gets One Right. Must Have Been An Accident. Minimalist 0 428 October 23, 2018 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Russian Woman Reportedly Faces 6 Years in Prison for Insulting Memes about Xtians purplepurpose 1 558 October 16, 2018 at 5:31 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  British woman exposed to Soviet nerve agent dies. Anomalocaris 10 1564 July 10, 2018 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Amarok
  I Would Expect Arizona To Lead The Way Minimalist 59 4800 June 29, 2018 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda