Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question(s) for theists VI
1. At what age were you when  you learned about your religion and god?

2. Why do you only believe there is only 1 true god?

3. Do you realize the bible has references to multiple god(s) besides your own?

4. Do you realize that yaweh of the bible has a wife but she was removed from the canon. Her name is asherah

5. Do you realize the bible you are reading today are not reflective of the older source material of earlier bibles?

6. Why do you believe in god? 

7. If god came to you right now and told you to commit a atrocity would you or would you not do it? (it's not the devil tempting you it really is god saying he wants something done)

8. Going back to 7 if you said no explain

9. Going back to 8 if you said yes explain

10. You are sent back to stop jesus from being crucified god has finally accepted and forgiven humanity. Do you save him 
or do you let him die? If you let jesus die humanity is doomed with the only choice of accepting jesus to get into heaven.
If you do save jesus everyone has a free pass into heaven.

11. Taking away the incentive of 10 would you save jesus from being crucified. Would you accept that blood of that mans death
is on your hands and own doing? Or would you save jesus from being killed without living with guilt.

You don't have to answer all 11 answer as many  as you want.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Not surprising that for all the theistic noise circulating around AF, this post remains quiet....
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
RE: A question(s) for theists VI
(December 30, 2015 at 1:42 am)dyresand Wrote: 1. At what age were you when  you learned about your religion and god?
I was raised and confirmed in an ELCA church.  I did not come to faith in Christ until I was 20. 
(December 30, 2015 at 1:42 am)dyresand Wrote: 2. Why do you only believe there is only 1 true god?
Because the only true God has made Himself known
(December 30, 2015 at 1:42 am)dyresand Wrote: 3. Do you realize the bible has references to multiple god(s) besides your own?
Yes
(December 30, 2015 at 1:42 am)dyresand Wrote: 4. Do you realize that yaweh of the bible has a wife but she was removed from the canon. Her name is asherah
I am aware that some people have made this claim.  The problem with this claim is that Yahweh condemns asherah within the old testament scriptures.
(December 30, 2015 at 1:42 am)dyresand Wrote: 5. Do you realize the bible you are reading today are not reflective of the older source material of earlier bibles?
I don't understand the question.  Are you claiming that the NIV isn't translated from Greek manuscripts?  Or that the NIV isn't translated from the same line of manuscripts as the 1611 King James Bible?
(December 30, 2015 at 1:42 am)dyresand Wrote: 6. Why do you believe in god?
Because He gave me faith.
(December 30, 2015 at 1:42 am)dyresand Wrote: 7. If god came to you right now and told you to commit a atrocity would you or would you not do it? (it's not the devil tempting you it really is god saying he wants something done)
That's a nonsensical question.
(December 30, 2015 at 1:42 am)dyresand Wrote: 10. You are sent back to stop jesus from being crucified god has finally accepted and forgiven humanity. Do you save him 
or do you let him die? If you let jesus die humanity is doomed with the only choice of accepting jesus to get into heaven.
I reject the unjust god you have proposed.
(December 30, 2015 at 1:42 am)dyresand Wrote: 11. Taking away the incentive of 10 would you save jesus from being crucified. Would you accept that blood of that mans death
is on your hands and own doing? Or would you save jesus from being killed without living with guilt.
Yes, I would accept that the blood of Christ is on my hands because it is.  Without the shedding of blood there can be no forgiveness of sins.  It is precisely because Jesus has been crucified that I am able to live without guilt.

If it could be proven beyond doubt that God exists...
and that He is the one spoken of in the Bible...
would you repent of your sins and place your faith in Jesus Christ?

(December 30, 2015 at 7:46 pm)orangebox21 Wrote:
(December 30, 2015 at 1:42 am)dyresand Wrote: 1. At what age were you when  you learned about your religion and god?
I was raised and confirmed in an ELCA church.  I did not come to faith in Christ until I was 20. 
(December 30, 2015 at 1:42 am)dyresand Wrote: 2. Why do you only believe there is only 1 true god?
Because the only true God has made Himself known
(December 30, 2015 at 1:42 am)dyresand Wrote: 3. Do you realize the bible has references to multiple god(s) besides your own?
Yes
(December 30, 2015 at 1:42 am)dyresand Wrote: 4. Do you realize that yaweh of the bible has a wife but she was removed from the canon. Her name is asherah
I am aware that some people have made this claim.  The problem with this claim is that Yahweh condemns asherah within the old testament scriptures.
(December 30, 2015 at 1:42 am)dyresand Wrote: 5. Do you realize the bible you are reading today are not reflective of the older source material of earlier bibles?
I don't understand the question.  Are you claiming that the NIV isn't translated from Greek manuscripts?  Or that the NIV isn't translated from the same line of manuscripts as the 1611 King James Bible?
(December 30, 2015 at 1:42 am)dyresand Wrote: 6. Why do you believe in god?
Because He gave me faith.
(December 30, 2015 at 1:42 am)dyresand Wrote: 7. If god came to you right now and told you to commit a atrocity would you or would you not do it? (it's not the devil tempting you it really is god saying he wants something done)
That's a nonsensical question.
(December 30, 2015 at 1:42 am)dyresand Wrote: 10. You are sent back to stop jesus from being crucified god has finally accepted and forgiven humanity. Do you save him 
I reject the unjust god you have proposed.
(December 30, 2015 at 1:42 am)dyresand Wrote: 11. Taking away the incentive of 10 would you save jesus from being crucified. Would you accept that blood of that mans death
Yes, I would accept that the blood of Christ is on my hands because it is.  Without the shedding of blood there can be no forgiveness of sins.  It is precisely because Jesus has been crucified that I am able to live without guilt.

2. How  do you know he has made himself known? 

4. But yes she is canon to the bible she was in favor of forgiving adam and eve not commending them. 

6. So god gave you faith? Buddhists have faith and they don't believe in god. Other religious people who do not believe in 
the abrahamic god have faith so i don't believe faith is a gift it's just well blind optimism. 

7. It's not nonsensical god of the bible did as people to kill for him. 

11. I have no comment...
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(December 31, 2015 at 10:36 am)dyresand Wrote: 2. How  do you know he has made himself known? 
Through natural and special revelation.
(December 31, 2015 at 10:36 am)dyresand Wrote: 4. But yes she is canon to the bible she was in favor of forgiving adam and eve not commending them.

Where in the canon is that found?
(December 31, 2015 at 10:36 am)dyresand Wrote: 6. So god gave you faith? Buddhists have faith and they don't believe in god. Other religious people who do not believe in 
the abrahamic god have faith so i don't believe faith is a gift it's just well blind optimism.

You're equivocating on the word faith.  Christian "faith" is defined as placing complete trust in God's plan of salvation through Jesus Christ.  The faith a Buddhist has is not the same faith as a Christian has.  Buddhists look to themselves for redemption and therefore have faith in themselves.  Christians have faith in Christ.  
(December 31, 2015 at 10:36 am)dyresand Wrote: 7. It's not nonsensical god of the bible did as people to kill for him.

Your initial question was:  "If god came to you right now and told you to commit a atrocity..."  In the Old Testament God used the Israelites at times to execute His righteous judgment.  You're claiming that justice is an atrocity.  I'm claiming that's both a misrepresentation of what the Bible teaches and it's nonsensical.

(December 30, 2015 at 7:46 pm)orangebox21 Wrote:
(December 30, 2015 at 1:42 am)dyresand Wrote:

[hide]  I was raised and confirmed in an ELCA church.  I did not come to faith in Christ until I was 20.   

Quote:
Quote:  Without the shedding of blood there can be no forgiveness of sins.    
Augh!!!!   How do you get the
Quote: function to work???  I just wanted to quote the ONE phrase!!    Angry    Ok, ok, I'll go back and re-read rules and instructions!

Why do you believe this, in this day and age?  Why does your god require blood?  And which sins?  Original?  What is original sin, when we know that Adam and Eve did not exist.  (A "mitochondrial eve" would not have been the only female of her line, and whichever mates she had would not equate to an "adam".)
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(December 31, 2015 at 5:06 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: Why do you believe this, in this day and age?
The quote function failed for you.  Why do I believe what?
(December 31, 2015 at 5:06 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: Why does your god require blood?
Life is in the blood (Lev. 17:11).
(December 31, 2015 at 5:06 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: And which sins?
All the sins of the elect (Col. 2:13-14).
(December 31, 2015 at 5:06 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: Original?  What is original sin,

Romans 5:12-21
(December 31, 2015 at 5:06 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: when we know that Adam and Eve did not exist.  (A "mitochondrial eve" would not have been the only female of her line, and whichever mates she had would not equate to an "adam".)
How do you know that?

drfuzzy Wrote: Wrote:Original?  What is original sin,

orangebox21 Wrote:   Romans 5:12-21
drfuzzy Wrote: Wrote:when we know that Adam and Eve did not exist.  (A "mitochondrial eve" would not have been the only female of her line, and whichever mates she had would not equate to an "adam".)
orangebox21 Wrote:      How do you know that?

Ah.  Creationist.  Got it.  One who quotes Wholly Babble passages about sin coming through one man to the entire human race as "proof".  Never mind then.
I have other things to do for the next few days.     Angel    
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
20 something
Quote:2. Why do you only believe there is only 1 true god?
Checked out several others first, and only found followers. Checked out Christianity I found the God promised. He says their is only one, I've taken Him at his word.
Quote:3. Do you realize the bible has references to multiple god(s) besides your own?
Book Chapter and verse please.

Quote:4. Do you realize that yaweh of the bible has a wife but she was removed from the canon. Her name is asherah
Book chapter and verse please
Quote:5. Do you realize the bible you are reading today are not reflective of the older source material of earlier bibles?
Do you not understand that the bible was not a book till the 3rd century, and we have copies of the originals?

Quote:6. Why do you believe in god? 
Because in the bible God says do XYZ and He will provide 123, and in that God is revealed.
Quote:7. If god came to you right now and told you to commit a atrocity would you or would you not do it? (it's not the devil tempting you it really is god saying he wants something done)
If a 'god' were to tell me something not found in the bible I could identify it as being a false god.
Quote:8. Going back to 7 if you said no explain

9. Going back to 8 if you said yes explain
see 7
Quote:10. You are sent back to stop jesus from being crucified god has finally accepted and forgiven humanity. Do you save him 
I let him die.
All of humanity does not deserve to be saved. Think about it sport. If you forgive an isis radical, does it mean he will 'forgive' you? Can you take him at his word even if he said he has put his jihad behind him and will not kill you? or must you have him live out his promise before you invite him into your home?

Quote:If you do save jesus everyone has a free pass into heaven.
Absolutly not. If that were to happen then 'heaven' would be one eternal battle ground.

Quote:11. Taking away the incentive of 10 would you save jesus from being crucified. Would you accept that blood of that mans death

You don't have to answer all 11 answer as many  as you want.
I'll answer 11 when you make it make sense.. (in modern english)
(December 30, 2015 at 5:00 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Not surprising that for all the theistic noise circulating around AF, this post remains quiet....

.... because it's dry sand...

He doesn't actually read or respond to the answers any one gives, he just looks for words in a response that will allow him to post his fore gone conclusions. It's kinda like talking to the atheist equivalent of a hard right christian fundie.

In all fairness we will get around to him, when the other topics die out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question to theists: When to take the bible literally? T.J. 22 1809 November 26, 2021 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Question to Theists? kartronic 10 2114 May 30, 2019 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  A serious question for theists dyresand 35 4833 November 12, 2016 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: Funky_Gibbon
  Ethics question for theists - serious - looking for opinions not argument. drfuzzy 36 4752 September 27, 2016 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Question to Theists About the Source of Morality GrandizerII 33 7560 January 8, 2016 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  Theists ask me a question dyresand 34 7626 January 5, 2016 at 1:14 am
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  A question for theists Part V - A new hope dyresand 12 3864 November 14, 2015 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  A question for theists Part III dyresand 4 1517 November 4, 2015 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  A question for theists Part II. dyresand 18 4590 October 29, 2015 at 3:10 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Recap - A moral question for theists dyresand 39 7190 July 15, 2015 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0