Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hope the Discovery Channel keeps their word.
I hope the Discovery Channel keeps their word.
This article says that big changes are coming to that network and they are moving away from junk to real science. I hope they do it and mean it.

http://www.motherjones.com/media/2015/11...hn-hoffman

https://twitter.com/Discovery Here is their official twitter page, please take time to thank them.
RE: I hope the Discovery Channel keeps their word.
Thanks for this Brian. I may keep an eye on future programming having long since written them off.
This month is sad in Discovery Land. The final season of Mythbusters. I hope it is epic.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Now if the History Channel were to air history instead of hystery, I'm tempted to call that a miracle.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(January 3, 2016 at 12:31 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: This month is sad in Discovery Land. The final season of Mythbusters. I hope it is epic.

Have they gone after any fantastic religious claims, I cant remember.
(January 3, 2016 at 12:46 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 3, 2016 at 12:31 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: This month is sad in Discovery Land. The final season of Mythbusters. I hope it is epic.

Have they gone after any fantastic religious claims, I cant remember.

No. While I know Adam and Jaime would probably do it, I think Discovery wouldn't allow it. Not good fer bizness.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
What? No more Mermaids riding on Megasharkses??!!111
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(January 3, 2016 at 12:59 pm)Quantum Wrote: What? No more Mermaids riding on Megasharkses??!!111

Animal Planet pissed me off putting on "Finding Big Foot". 

I didn't mind "Fatal Attractions" because it basically taught the viewer "HEY MORON, wild animals are not pets, don't be fucking stupid"

The two stories I remember were the stupid woman thought it would be fun to have a cobra as a pet. Then the other idiot who thought it would be fun to have 3 Komodo dragons.
(January 3, 2016 at 12:46 pm)abaris Wrote: Now if the History Channel were to air history instead of hystery, I'm tempted to call that a miracle.

I call it the "HyFy" Channel.
I imagine their ratings will go down the shitter.

This is 'murrica, after all.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Attempt Murder for Jodie, get a Youtube channel. Brian37 23 903 June 2, 2021 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Is this fake news? I hope so, but I do not know... FlatAssembler 5 781 June 2, 2021 at 4:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Covid and the word "segregation". OP/ED Brian37 2 309 May 22, 2021 at 4:21 pm
  Jets and the word "miracle". Brian37 28 1372 February 22, 2021 at 8:19 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Hope Springs Covid. Brian37 8 695 October 2, 2020 at 9:49 am
  The Satanic Temple beating fundies at their own game Peebothuhlu 2 471 August 9, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: no one
  regarding COPPA, is the FTC overreaching their authority here? Cepheus Ace 7 687 November 21, 2019 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The bird is the word! Brian37 4 429 November 6, 2019 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Things will be fine since they have that magic "R" next to their name A Godzilla fan 2 632 August 28, 2019 at 6:11 am
  The Lying Sack of Shit Keeps Lying Minimalist 16 1225 October 28, 2018 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: Minimalist