Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing on the 47 executions in Saudi Arabia yesterday?
Nothing on the 47 executions in Saudi Arabia yesterday?
So the Saudis obviously want to break the world record on executions. 47 killed yesterday. On a single day. Iran protested sharply, since one of the exectuted was a high ranking Shiite cleric. I know, I know, the Saudis are our friends and Iran is bad. But I wonder why noonne said something about the Saudis breaking up diplomatic relations with Iran. I couldn't even find a single english link. Only German and Austrian ones. But here's the story on the killing spree that happened yesterday.

Quote:However, it also detained hundreds of members of its Shi’ite minority after protests in 2011-13, during which several policemen were killed in shooting and petrol bomb attacks. Several of those held had been sentenced to death.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ja...ian-cleric
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: Nothing on the 47 executions in Saudi Arabia yesterday?
It was reported here, in the night news.
(January 3, 2016 at 8:59 pm)abaris Wrote: So the Saudis obviously want to break the world record on executions. 47 killed yesterday. On a single day. Iran protested sharply, since one of the exectuted was a high ranking Shiite cleric. I know, I know, the Saudis are our friends and Iran is bad. But I wonder why noonne said something about the Saudis breaking up diplomatic relations with Iran. I couldn't even find a single english link. Only German and Austrian ones. But here's the story on the killing spree that happened yesterday.

Quote:However, it also detained hundreds of members of its Shi’ite minority after protests in 2011-13, during which several policemen were killed in shooting and petrol bomb attacks. Several of those held had been sentenced to death.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ja...ian-cleric

This is being reported on here in America.

I read about Iran being pissed about the cleric, but I didn't know about the 46 other executions and Saudi Arabia severing diplomatic ties. CNN is reporting it, though.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/03/middleeast...ns-terror/
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
The coverage was underwhelming.

I suppose it is because the Saudis are "allies."
We have a sad history of under-reporting the atrocities of our "allies".

As for me, this latest incident is an especially disturbing item to throw onto the ever growing mountain of reasons I despise the fucking Saudis.
A little ironic Iran protesting considering Iran does execute the most people per capita of any country on earth. http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/10/27/rouh...er-capita/

But fuck them both. I can't wait for us to get off of oil and tell the Saudis to go fuck themselves along with the Iranians.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(January 3, 2016 at 9:32 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The coverage was underwhelming.

I suppose it is because the Saudis are "allies."
Well, the executed were terrorists and enemies of the State.
*shrug* Reporting on executions in Saudi Arabia is rather like reporting that the Irish like a wee drink now and then.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I was going to create a thread on it but then I remembered that barely anyone around here would give a fuck. It's Saudi Arabia, executions are the norm. Can't expect anything else from an Islamist shithole.

(January 4, 2016 at 5:11 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: *shrug*  Reporting on executions in Saudi Arabia is rather like reporting that the Irish like a wee drink now and then.

Boru

Pretty much this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are executions making the US look bad? Jehanne 33 1595 May 18, 2022 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Performers Should Speak Up or Not Attend Saudi Music Festival WinterHold 9 582 December 15, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  [Serious] Woman raped while onlookers did nothing LadyForCamus 115 5874 October 19, 2021 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  [Serious] Biden on punishing MBS and Saudi Arabia WinterHold 27 2428 March 23, 2021 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Saudi journalist killed and hacked inside Saudi embassy in Istanbul WinterHold 333 26856 January 16, 2021 at 6:26 pm
  [Serious] G-20 leaders, don’t forget the women’s rights advocates rotting in Saudi prisons WinterHold 47 2128 September 23, 2020 at 6:26 am
  BREAKING: Trump Boasted Of Saving Saudi Prince Over Jamal Khashoggi Killing WinterHold 16 1069 September 13, 2020 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  BREAKING: Former Twitter employees charged with spying for Saudi Arabia WinterHold 14 890 September 6, 2020 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  BREAKING: Saudi Crown Prince accused of assassination plot against exiled official WinterHold 2 490 August 10, 2020 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  BREAKING: Oil crashes by most since 1991 as Saudi Arabia launches price war WinterHold 52 3133 April 25, 2020 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene