Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 7:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Biden on punishing MBS and Saudi Arabia
Biden on punishing MBS and Saudi Arabia
I want to know the opinions of people in Biden.

Did he prove that he was just lying and giving empty promises, or did he indeed contribute to punishing the infamous MBS?

Biden said during the elections:

But when time came and he became president:

Quote:Biden vowed to hold MBS accountable. Now he's being accused of letting him get away with murder

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/01/world...index.html

Quote:Biden administration never considered MBS sanctions a viable option in response to Khashoggi report

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/03/polit...index.html

Personally, I think Biden lied and the American institution of politics is truly bankrupted, criminal and nothing but another Rome collapsing.

What is your opinion?
RE: Biden on punishing MBS and Saudi Arabia
At work.

He's an American president.

Demonstrably not as bad as some recent presidents. Though it will be history and time which will be the ultimate judge and jury.

It's not my circus so I don't really care which monkeys are running it.

Coffee
The man has been in office for TWO months.

Fuxake...give him some time...he has a shitshow on his hands.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Hey, WinterHold, you are the one who endorsed him.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(March 23, 2021 at 5:36 am)WinterHold Wrote: I want to know the opinions of people in Biden.

Did he prove that he was just lying and giving empty promises, or did he indeed contribute to punishing the infamous MBS?

Biden said during the elections:

But when time came and he became president:

Quote:Biden vowed to hold MBS accountable. Now he's being accused of letting him get away with murder

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/01/world...index.html

Quote:Biden administration never considered MBS sanctions a viable option in response to Khashoggi report

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/03/polit...index.html

Personally, I think Biden lied and the American institution of politics is truly bankrupted, criminal and nothing but another Rome collapsing.

What is your opinion?
Sorry the guy who has a million things on his plate is not prioritizing punishing a middle eastern autocrat while his own country is in shambles.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

At work.

Now, now. Every one knows that incumbent President or Prime minister should be able to everything at once straight away. That's why they were voted in, surely?

Coffee
I think Biden has done all that can reasonably be expected regarding the Khashoggi murder. As the article you linked points out, he's sanctioned more than 70 Saudi officials and cancelled an arms sale. While it's perfectly true that MBS wasn't personally hit with sanctions, the US always knew that they was never going to happen, and would have several bad outcomes if it did.

Reviewing what Biden said, no - I don't think he lied. I think he overpromised, and he certainly gave the impression during the debate that MLB himself would be punished.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 23, 2021 at 5:36 am)WinterHold Wrote: Personally, I think Biden lied and the American institution of politics is truly bankrupted, criminal and nothing but another Rome collapsing.

Yeah, I think at this point you can barely even call it lying. 

The disconnect between what they say to get elected and what they do is pretty much complete. 

There was a case a few years ago where somebody sued the Coca Cola company over false advertising of a product called Vitamin Water. It was marketed as a healthy sports drink, but in fact it was just sugar water. Coca Cola's lawyers argued in court that no reasonable person would ever believe what Coca Cola's ads say, and they won the case. 

Today I read that Trump's ex-lawyer Sidney Powell is making the same defense, concerning the lies she told about the voting machines being rigged. "Everyone should just expect what I say to be false," is something that powerful people argue now.
Unless the Democratic party becomes as incompetent as the GOP has shown itself to be, I will always prefer a Democratic president in office.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
She still maintains that her claims are true and that she believes that they're true. It's very much just that you wouldn't be reasonable for believing that her claims are true. Besides, she has a freeze peach right to say things like that - so it can't be defamation that would bankrupt her. Tucker Carlson used it a bit back for the same purpose.

Coca Cola floated it then settled on the lawsuits claims. They have a floor, the reich wing does not.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Performers Should Speak Up or Not Attend Saudi Music Festival WinterHold 9 579 December 15, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
Thumbs Up President Biden orders mass deportation of immigrants onlinebiker 135 5746 September 22, 2021 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Biden's Victory Speech onlinebiker 45 2890 September 1, 2021 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Triden -Biden- remarks on Palestine. WinterHold 16 1263 May 24, 2021 at 6:27 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Biden condemned by AOC over detention center. Brian37 20 902 March 2, 2021 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  BREAKING: Loujain Al-Hathloul FREE ! thanks Biden ! WinterHold 24 1127 February 15, 2021 at 7:05 pm
  Saudi journalist killed and hacked inside Saudi embassy in Istanbul WinterHold 333 26814 January 16, 2021 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mitch McConnell finally recognizes BIDEN. Brian37 21 1243 December 15, 2020 at 9:10 pm
  Trump Train runs Biden Bus out of Texas! WinterHold 18 1275 November 2, 2020 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Busted with arms, researched killing Biden Brian37 110 3976 October 25, 2020 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate