Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need an atheist state!
We need an atheist state!
Heyya fellas and gals,

Just a new friendly atheist and holy basher here at your here fine site. Now; I joined this here site as I have been having myself some doubts about my BElief in atheism. 

Is it scientific enough? I see the execution rate and human rights abuses around the world and although the offically atheist states like China and North Korea do come out on top why do they hide their figures for such amazing rationalism and logic? Our most powerful atheist state China disposes of thousands of people more than the rest of the world combined but unlike the stupid religious do not brag about it.  Heart   So Okay, I love being an atheist and okay our few world atheist states are beating the crap out of the holy ones like iran and ksa I do feel it should be more industrial and logical? Am I right fellow atheists? uuuuhuah!

So if America changes the government to atheist like China will it mean that the execution rate will increase 100 fold? I sure hope so because atheism is the true belief n stuff.

All these religious weirdos  for centuries starting wars and killing so many in the name of their god and our atheist brothers in the 20th century teach them how it's really done when an atheist takes charge. Oh yeah, our atheist soviets, koreans, chinese, cambodias etc shoot right to the top of that leaderboard which shows me that atheism is the truth for a better more loving planet without religion and with atheists in charge.

Breath of fresh air to be here amongst my non believing bros n sistars .  Cool
RE: We need an atheist state!
Welcome aboard the non-Ark!

I don't think an "atheist government" is a good idea, if it means people have to profess disbelief in God in order to be allowed to be in politics. For one thing, there is no test anyway, all you can do is take people at their word.

A secular government is the way to go in my opinion, one that is very clear that secular law trumps religious law (which is not involved in politics at all) and no religion gets any special treatment over any other, or over non-religion. That is what America is trying to have, but it still has some ways to go in practice. Stopping religions having tax cuts for one thing, and making them open their books like any other business.

You can't tell people not to believe stuff, all you could do is forcibly stop organised religion. I don't personally think that's a good idea, while the people involved aren't hurting anyone.

I do have strong views about child indoctrination, but that's a very difficult subject to tackle in practical terms.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
No, we don't need anything of that sort. We need states where everyone, regardless of their opinion, believes and affiliations can live together, respecting each other. We don't need another ideology, but a place where rubbing together their own brain cells is the way to go.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
A POE or an idiot.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Yeah yeah yeah. Tell me, what is your personal opinion on rock crushers?

follow up question:

(January 6, 2016 at 10:27 am)sergeantpunch Wrote: Heyya fellas and gals,

Just a new friendly atheist and holy basher here at your here fine site. [...]

Hi. I'm a flying squirrel. Hi
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
How about California?
(January 6, 2016 at 10:27 am)sergeantpunch Wrote: Heyya fellas and gals,

... I have been having myself some doubts about my BElief in atheism... 

... So if America changes the government to atheist like China will it mean that the execution rate will increase 100 fold? I sure hope so because atheism is the true belief n stuff...

... our atheist soviets, koreans, chinese, cambodias etc shoot right to the top of that leaderboard which shows me that atheism is the truth for a better more loving planet without religion and with atheists in charge...

#instant suspicion
Sum ergo sum
Definitely a Poe.

And no, we don't need an "atheist state". We need to maintain and vigorously uphold the secular state we have.
Why be a Poe if you're not even going to try?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ayn Rand blamed for current state of America Foxaèr 61 3034 June 24, 2021 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: no one
  Has Mark Samsel Done A Good Job As A Kansas State Representative? BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1042 May 3, 2021 at 10:56 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Separation of Science and State John 6IX Breezy 233 10278 November 19, 2020 at 7:44 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why is Vatican a state? Fake Messiah 13 1231 November 11, 2020 at 9:07 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Satan and Flying Spaghetti Monster Unite for Church-State Separation AFTT47 2 657 September 23, 2019 at 8:29 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The communist state of Kerela, India Duty 5 823 December 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  State level elections in BAvaria yield ground breaking results Deesse23 0 245 October 15, 2018 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  So Apparently We Have An AG Who Doesn't Think Hawaii Is A State. Minimalist 39 7984 October 1, 2018 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Tillerson Out as Secretary of State Crossless2.0 12 1432 March 17, 2018 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Succubus
  Opinions On Secretary of State Tillerson AFTT47 16 2515 December 17, 2017 at 10:34 am
Last Post: vorlon13