Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 9:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really, Germany?
Really, Germany?
A 95 year old former medical orderly with dementia is in your cross hairs?

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/ex-ausch...to-murder/

Quote:Ex-Auschwitz medic, 95, to stand trial on at least 3,681 counts of accessory to murder

What's next?  A crippled 90 year old former bed pan emptier?
RE: Really, Germany?
I understand the desire for justice, but the dementia renders it vengeful rather than penitentiary; the orderly will probably not understand the punishment, especially if he doesn't remember the crime.

Full disclosure: I haven't read the article, my phone doesn't like that link.

At what point is someone too old to be prosecuted for thousands of murders? There is no statue of limitation for having committed one murder, much less thousands of them.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(January 19, 2016 at 2:11 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: At what point is someone too old to be prosecuted for thousands of murders? There is no statue of limitation for having committed one murder, much less thousands of them.
The worse job anyone can get stuck with during wartime is that of a concentration camp guard.  The best thing to do when on such duty is to kill all of the inmates and burn the camp down destroying all records and high-tail it to some place else.  Concentration camp guards always get stuck with the crappy end of the stick once the war is over.
But if they didn't prosecute him, Israel would moan like they always do.
In our quest for justice, we leave no stone unturned! Not even tombstones...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Sounds pointless.
Surprised they'll leave it at that and not persecute his offspring unto the 7th generation...
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
(January 19, 2016 at 8:35 am)Mr Greene Wrote: Surprised they'll leave it at that and not persecute his offspring unto the 7th generation...

and when did they decide to "leave it at that"?
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(January 19, 2016 at 8:35 am)Mr Greene Wrote: Surprised they'll leave it at that and not persecute his offspring unto the 7th generation...

That's a stupid exaggeration.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Poland, Germany, France all love me Brian37 4 1602 April 21, 2023 at 7:05 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  New Gun Regulations In The US Would Be Really, Really Stupid BrianSoddingBoru4 135 11992 May 6, 2019 at 4:55 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  US more like apartheid South Africa than 1940s Germany? Clueless Morgan 25 1953 July 18, 2018 at 11:38 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  30 injured, 3 dead in delivery van attack in Germany Joods 31 2838 April 9, 2018 at 1:30 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Angela Merkel elected to fourth term as chancellor of Germany c172 3 740 March 14, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  No Wonder The WLB Hates Germany. Minimalist 14 4023 June 2, 2017 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Germany, terrorist attack? paulpablo 15 3117 December 20, 2016 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Germany considers return of conscription for civil defence account_inactive 0 471 August 23, 2016 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Syrian bomb and Syrian machete attack in Germany paulpablo 29 2554 July 27, 2016 at 10:37 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Seems like Germany finally has it's very own West couple abaris 3 1079 May 4, 2016 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: account_inactive