Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Gun Regulations In The US Would Be Really, Really Stupid
New Gun Regulations In The US Would Be Really, Really Stupid
Six Year Old Girl Dies After Being Shot By Her Four Year Old Brother

Quote:Their mother was preparing to set off but had got out of the vehicle when it failed to start. She then heard a shot from inside the car...“Detectives determined that the four-year-old male sibling retrieved a handgun from the console of the vehicle and accidently discharged it, striking his six-year-old sister in the head,” the Paulding County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement.

But no new regulations are needed, because the mother is going to be charged with leaving a loaded firearm within reach of a child. Oh, wait...

Quote:Detectives have decided not to file any charges in the case.

How in the name of all that is sensible is this possible?  A child is dead.  The mother bears responsibility.  But I suppose that grand old Second Amendment makes everything okey dokey.

Anyone who doesn't see the problems with US guns laws is an idiot.  An idiot.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: New Gun Regulations In The US Would Be Really, Really Stupid
The gun culture considers such events as unfortunate, but they'll never happen again, so no action is needed.
Nothing like turning a tragedy with no good solution into a political agenda...

What you want to do? Put mom in prison and the kids in an orphanage? That' ll teach the little monster...

Criminalize stupid? That' s gonna fill a few prisons.....

Exactly what kind of legislation do you think you can dream up that prevents this sort of thing?
Nothing like trying to dodge the issue with some pissanting.
(April 13, 2019 at 7:04 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Nothing like trying to dodge the issue with some pissanting.

I dodged nothing, bitch.

I asked - what you want to do about it - besides flapping your poet holster....
Yeah, and anything suggested with be raved at by your rabid self.
(April 13, 2019 at 7:00 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Nothing like turning a tragedy with no good solution into a political agenda...

What you want to do? Put mom in prison and the kids in an orphanage? That' ll teach the little monster...

Criminalize stupid? That' s gonna fill a few prisons.....

Exactly what kind of legislation do you think you can dream up that prevents this sort of thing?

It says a lot that you think there's 'no good solution'.

Yes, I would like the mum to go to prison for facilitating the death of her six year old daughter.  And why do you jump right to 'orphanage'?

How about criminalizing leaving a loaded firearm within reach of a four year old child?  I agree that doing so is stupid, but it's also extremely dangerous.  Drunk driving is stupid and dangerous - most places don't have a problem with criminalizing that behaviour.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
He doesn't think there is no good solution, he's just afraid of losing his guns if the solutions are enacted.
(April 13, 2019 at 8:06 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: He doesn't think there is no good solution, he's just afraid of losing his guns if the solutions are enacted.

Proposed new law:  Keep your guns and at the same time, keep them away from toddlers.

Boru
(April 13, 2019 at 8:08 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 13, 2019 at 8:06 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: He doesn't think there is no good solution, he's just afraid of losing his guns if the solutions are enacted.

Proposed new law:  Keep your guns and at the same time, keep them away from toddlers.

Boru

Won't work with the gun culture. ANY limitation is one step away from total confiscation. They are never rational about this. So toddlers will keep dying because so many gun owners are just fucking stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gun Control Leonardo17 38 1608 November 12, 2023 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  THE Gun Thread onlinebiker 1251 111206 August 19, 2022 at 8:25 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Why have a gun? onlinebiker 91 3784 April 6, 2022 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Gun Church buys 40-Acre Compound Foxaèr 12 1089 May 28, 2021 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  I can't believe she's so stupid as to say this out loud. onlinebiker 21 1405 January 10, 2021 at 10:55 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Another gun discussion part deux. Drich 66 2504 October 8, 2020 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Thumbs Down More Stupid in Flint Mi. onlinebiker 6 373 July 31, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Thumbs Down Gun Control Crowd Safer? - and a control group onlinebiker 131 9655 April 21, 2020 at 5:24 am
  This Is NOT A Gun Control Thread!! BrianSoddingBoru4 34 1692 February 28, 2020 at 4:15 pm
  Yes, Kids - ANOTHER Gun Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1180 September 14, 2019 at 5:51 pm