Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The New Last Refuge of Scoundrels
The New Last Refuge of Scoundrels
Wrapping yourself in the flag used to be the method of choice for excusing scandal and fraud. Judge Vance Day is following the new trend and claiming Christian martyrdom instead.

This local judge (my county here in Oregon) has been under investigation since 2014 for a bizarre variety of misconduct including: giving firearms to felons during thier probation; using felons to do unpaid work on his house; intimidating referees at sporting events with his judicial ID; soliciting funds for a collage including Hitler for his chambers and then fraudulently keeping those funds and taking state reimbursement for them after returning the collage; and more including repeatedly lying to the judicial commission. http://www.kgw.com/news/marion-co-judge-...s/22697539 Yesterday the judicial commission recommended he be removed from office for misconduct.

Most of the charges revolve around a Navy Seal on a special probation program for veterans referred to as BAS in the commission's report. Judge Day used him as free labor, showed him off at a wedding, had him teach his son to use a rifle, came uninvited to his house, and otherwise attempted to use his judicial power to make a kind of pet of the man. It reads like a preditory gay crush. Which is ironic because
Judge Day is playing the Christian mayrtr card, claiming that he's being persecuted for refusing to perform gay marriages. And to my annoyance looking through my FB feed it appears to be working in the court of public opinion.

Just one problem with that. He was under investigation long before gay marriage became legal in Oregon, and refusing to perform gay marriages is not one of the reasons for the commissions recomendation. Nor has anyone ever asked him to perform one. Yet the headline is judge who refused to perform gay marriages to be removed from office.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
RE: The New Last Refuge of Scoundrels
He needs to spend some time in prison learning what he is against.
He looks like he's a homosexual.
Just typical of the lengths some go to when it comes to their own corruption. Question though. They're recommending his removsl but what about criminal charges?
Dying to live, living to die.
(January 27, 2016 at 12:22 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: Just typical of the lengths some go to when it comes to their own corruption. Question though. They're recommending his removsl but what about criminal charges?

The commission that investigated him doesn't have the power to do anything like that. But criminal charges may follow once he's removed from office.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
I feel bad for the veteran... and that judge is a piece of shit.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone watch last night's debate? Brian37 9 862 September 30, 2020 at 9:28 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Elizabeth Warren Last Night With Stephen Colbert Minimalist 4 920 November 21, 2017 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Top Russian Officials Discussed How to Influence Trump Aides Last Summer Foxaèr 5 1693 May 25, 2017 at 8:27 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Are elections always as nasty as this last one we had NuclearEnergy 14 3679 January 21, 2017 at 8:53 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Anybody Watching the Last Trainwreck/ Presidential Debate Tonight? Seraphina 159 20257 October 20, 2016 at 10:09 am
Last Post: Aegon
  Last night's 2nd Pres "debate". Brian37 3 441 October 10, 2016 at 7:24 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Bernie Sanders On Real Time Last Night Minimalist 0 735 July 30, 2016 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Scalia overruled for the last time vorlon13 182 11866 February 23, 2016 at 2:02 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  The Trickle Up debate last night. Brian37 0 643 September 17, 2015 at 9:47 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The last to fall Elskidor 4 1029 October 14, 2014 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen