Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pill boy smirks at Congressional hearing.
Pill boy smirks at Congressional hearing.
I am getting fucking sick of justifications for greed. If this little snot thinks his argument is going to be "I'm just doing what the market demands" FUCK YOU you smarmy piece of shit. Even if I agreed what this greedy fuck was doing was legal, a trial will sort that out, but even if, this is far too systematic of the global market.

When you have low wage workers in San Francisco in some places having to rent a bunk bead, not a room, but just a bead sharing the room with others, for $1000-$2000 dollars a month, when you have 3 industries bailed out by the tax payers, when you have the NFL not paying taxes, it is clear that the global market is no longer constructive. It stopped being constructive 30 years ago.

Listen you little shit, Martin, this isn't about your rights to make money, this is about the CLIMATE of greed and you have bought into the utopia bullshit that only one class matters, but you are worse than most. "Others do it too" is not about helping others, it is about enriching yourself.

My mom is a retired teacher, my mom did something far more important for humanity than you will ever come close to doing. A doctor, a fireman, an painter, even your garbage collector are providers. For every person who gets to Bill Gates pay, there are millions more they stand on to get there. 

Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerburg at least KNOW they have more than they need, and ARE giving away MOST of their wealth. Nick Hanouer also has said workers do not make enough. THOSE are the types of CEOS the world needs more of. Not smug jaded little assholes like you.

The ability to make money is ONE aspect of humanity, BUT ONLY ONE, not the most important, simply one.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/phar...ss-n511106

And here is this fucking snot's twitter page.

https://twitter.com/MartinShkreli

O
RE: Pill boy smirks at Congressional hearing.
Republicunts love greedy little shits.  They sit in their trailer parks and dream of being just like them.
(February 5, 2016 at 12:44 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Republicunts love greedy little shits.  They sit in their trailer parks and dream of being just like them.

Um, in all seriousness, yes there are lots of poor bigots, but not every poor white person living a red state or trailer is a bigot. I am not a "redneck" but I do live in a trailer in a red state and do get support from my mom.

I also have a redneck friend, who grew up in Oklahoma who was raised religious, but left it, is an atheist now, lived in a trailer when I met him. He's into  country music, not the corporate crap, and he has over the years pointed out to me liberal country stars who like Obama and even Willie Nelson and Dolly Parton support gay marriage. And I don''t know if you remember the Dixie Chicks, but they hated Bush.

I also have run into well off middle class people who are Dump supporters. If I am not correct, both Bruce Willis and Tom Sellic are right leaning.

It is true the less educated a society is the more easily they can be lead, but even with that, that does not mean the entire population of a red state whom live in trailers are all right wing tea party Dump supporters.
This guy is no worse than anyone else in his line of work. Where's the outrage about the medication I take that's $3,000 per vile? Do I need to make it viral before anyone does anything about it? I suppose so.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(February 5, 2016 at 1:11 pm)Aegon Wrote: This guy is no worse than anyone else in his line of work. Where's the outrage about the medication I take that's $3,000 per vile? Do I need to make it viral before anyone does anything about it? I suppose so.

Who says there isn't any outrage? Did you miss where I said there was a difference between legal and moral? Law breaker or not, the pay gap and cost of living is being run by global corporatism.

Bernie Maddoff breaking the law with his Ponzy scheme does not mean I like big business influencing politics so they can legally be the fox guarding the hen house. One is breaking the law, the other is not, but to me the bankers crashing the market legally isn't moral either.

Actually yes you should raise a stink. That is what the "Occupy movement" and even the Bernie Saunders supporters are all about, ending corporate welfare and big money monopolies. SO YES, if you really are paying that kind of money, report it to your democratic elected local and national officials. It wont fix things instantly, but the more of us who complain about it the more fire will be lit under our camp's feet.
I'm not defending him, but if I was called to testify before congress I would have similar trouble concealing my contempt for all the bozos there.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 5, 2016 at 1:44 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I'm not defending him, but if I was called to testify before congress I would have similar trouble concealing my contempt for all the bozos there.

Since when does it make someone a "bozo" for putting human lives first?

This isn't legal vs illegal, this is about COST. Did you not read the post where Aegon talked about having to pay 3,000 dollars for a vile of medicine? I DON'T GIVE ONE FUCK if that is legal, the only reason it would be is because of corporations writing the laws to benefit them at the cost of the rest of us.

AGAIN Bernie Maddoff DID break the law with his Ponzy scheme, but that DOES NOT make what the bankers did to cause the great recession moral either despite the bankers crashing the economy through laws legally.

LEARN the difference between legal and moral. 

An illegal act can be moral, like poor and unemployed person stealing a loaf of bread to feed their kids, then you can abuse your power while rich and write laws to benefit yourself. The coal mine industry did that in West Virginia for a long time. They would get laws passed to gain a monopoly on the housing and even grocery stores, jack up the price for the workers to live there so by the time they paid their bills they had nothing or stayed in dept. It was legalized slavery.

There are PLENTY of big business owners whom are not breaking the law currently but because of the law, I still find them completely and utterly vile and immoral.
(February 5, 2016 at 1:08 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(February 5, 2016 at 12:44 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Republicunts love greedy little shits.  They sit in their trailer parks and dream of being just like them.

Um, in all seriousness, yes there are lots of poor bigots, but not every poor white person living a red state or trailer is a bigot. I am not a "redneck" but I do live in a trailer in a red state and do get support from my mom.

I also have a redneck friend, who grew up in Oklahoma who was raised religious, but left it, is an atheist now, lived in a trailer when I met him. He's into  country music, not the corporate crap, and he has over the years pointed out to me liberal country stars who like Obama and even Willie Nelson and Dolly Parton support gay marriage. And I don''t know if you remember the Dixie Chicks, but they hated Bush.

I also have run into well off middle class people who are Dump supporters. If I am not correct, both Bruce Willis and Tom Sellic are right leaning.

It is true the less educated a society is the more easily they can be lead, but even with that, that does not mean the entire population of a red state whom live in trailers are all right wing tea party Dump supporters.

Doesn't have to be the "whole population."  Just has to be 51% of those who bother to vote to give all of them a bad name.
(February 5, 2016 at 2:37 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(February 5, 2016 at 1:08 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Um, in all seriousness, yes there are lots of poor bigots, but not every poor white person living a red state or trailer is a bigot. I am not a "redneck" but I do live in a trailer in a red state and do get support from my mom.

Doesn't have to be the "whole population."  Just has to be 51% of those who bother to vote to give all of them a bad name.

At the same time Reagan started deregulation and union busting, that was also the beginning of the GOP well funded anti "commie" "religious" "anti patriotic" propaganda, and voter apathy didn't help either.That well organized propaganda also caused democrats politicians to fall all over themselves to prove they were not anti anything so that also caused 30 years of too much compromise, which pulled the left to slightly moderate right.

But yea, if the left wants the country to be pulled back to the left, voters have to raise their voices, not just one time, but every day, and not just on election day, but every day after, long term. This didn't happen overnight, this mess took 30 years, and it will take long term every day push to fix it.
Lewis Black, I think, summarized my entire position on the matter.  I'm not sure that life (particularly in this case the maintenance thereof) should be a for-profit enterprise.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christchurch mosque shootings: the heartbreaking hearing WinterHold 155 8757 November 6, 2020 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  GOP now wants civility in scotus hearing? Brian37 15 1346 September 7, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Did anyone watch the Congressional hearing? Brian37 5 556 July 13, 2018 at 10:57 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Oh, Poor Larry Nassar Feels Uncomfortable Hearing His Victims' Testimony Shell B 97 11179 February 3, 2018 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  11 year old boy develops device that could prevent hot car deaths Cecelia 6 1820 July 19, 2017 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  Boy found dead in French street after parents 'punish him' account_inactive 26 4686 February 9, 2017 at 12:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Iraqi Diplomat's Sons Suspected of Attacking Boy in Portugal account_inactive 4 783 August 23, 2016 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: abaris
  43 year old man posed as 16 year old boy online to solicit nudes of his own daughter Ryantology 17 3465 March 29, 2016 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: The Atheist
  Afghan Boy Play brewer 28 5189 September 24, 2015 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Minimalist