Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about Evolutionism vs. Creationsim
Questions about Evolutionism vs. Creationsim
Hello all,

For one of my college classes, I need to interview various people regarding their beliefs for creationism or evolution. I would very much appreciate whatever answer you can give me!

These are the questions:

1) How long were the days of Genesis 1 and why do you think so?
2) How old is the earth and why do you think so?
3) Do humans and apes share common ancestors and why do you think so?
4) Was Adam of Genesis 2 a real historical person and why do you think so?

Thank you so much for your time!

~MusicalElf11
RE: Questions about Evolutionism vs. Creationsim
1. 24 hours. That's how long a day is, give or take a few minutes.

2. Billions of years, according to radiometric dating and other evidences.

3. Of course we do. The evidence is fairly indisputable.

4. No, Adam was not a historical figure. He's a metaphor in a mythical tale.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Quote:1) How long were the days of Genesis 1 and why do you think so?
Precisely zero hours long.  It's just a story.

Quote:2) How old is the earth and why do you think so?
Somewhere in the vicinity of 4.5b years, because evidence strongly suggests so.

Quote:3) Do humans and apes share common ancestors and why do you think so?
We do, and we know that we do because we possess the genetic markers of our lca, genes which both of our species get from our ancestors, as well as the genetic markers of our divergence from each other as a species, including a telomere fusion at the aptly named human chromosome, a functional combination of two chromosomes still present in our genetic cousins, the -other- great apes.

Quote:4) Was Adam of Genesis 2 a real historical person and why do you think so?
No, again, just a story.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:1) How long were the days of Genesis 1 and why do you think so?

1.  Genesis is a fictional book concocted from the tales of primitive goat herders.  You would have to ask the people who made it up what they meant by a "day."

2.  4.5 billion years as determined by modern radiometric dating systems.... not some stupid old book.

3.  Yes, of course they do.  In fact, humans are still apes it is just that modern humans and apes shared a remote common ancestor between 6 and 7 million years ago.

4.  Of course not.  It's a fucking fairy tale.

Where do you go to school?  "Liberty University?"
(June 23, 2017 at 12:32 pm)MusicalElf11 Wrote: Hello all,

For one of my college classes, I need to interview various people regarding their beliefs for creationism or evolution. I would very much appreciate whatever answer you can give me!

These are the questions:

~MusicalElf11

1. Genesis is low grade bullshit and a day is anything the bulkshitter want it to be
2. 4.56 billion years because concrete evident
3. Yes, because of concrete evidence
4. No, because it is against concrete evidence

If you need to ask, then you are already a disgrace to the society, to the education system, and to the human race.
What everyone else said up to this point.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(June 23, 2017 at 12:32 pm)MusicalElf11 Wrote: Hello all,

These are the questions:

~MusicalElf11

1. The days were as long as the man made fantasy needs them to be and let's people continue believing in creationism. I'm sure that they started out as 24 hours but something tells me that apologists might have extended that. 
2. Depends on what you mean earth. Proto earth, habitable earth, humans on earth,..... I'll go with the numbers that science has discovered. This covers most of it for me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Earth
3. Again, I'll go with what genetic science tells me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evol...y_genetics
4. We are back to the man made fantasy, so as far as "real", no. 

god, any gods, are the product of mans mind.

If you need a god to feel good about yourself, go for it. Just don't try to drag me with you.

You're welcome.

Feel to come back and chat in other threads or make your own (introduction, hint-hint).
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
At this point I'm like why do we even respond to these people when we know they aren't coming back... *sigh*
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
(June 23, 2017 at 1:06 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: At this point I'm like why do we even respond to these people when we know they aren't coming back... *sigh*

god told me not to, so..................
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 23, 2017 at 1:06 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: At this point I'm like why do we even respond to these people when we know they aren't coming back... *sigh*

My dog likes chew toys.  Why can't I?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the existance of Self Aware animals futher question the whole Creationsim argumet pop_punks_not_dead 10 8195 February 14, 2013 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: pop_punks_not_dead
  Creationist group enlists students in frontal attack on evolutionism Thor 21 8778 July 27, 2010 at 9:33 am
Last Post: Thor